Ernesto Valverde - V1

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
As long as he'll call the shots re. transfers and building the team he wants, he deserves the time and respect.
:robert: better butt out and take care of extending Messi and doing least damage as possible.

fergus90

Pretty much confirmed to be taking over then. Given the fact it was gonna be down to him or Unzue, definitely the safest bet in my opinion.

Devils

I hope he is ready.

He seems like a genuine and nice person, but he better be ready to deal with the morons running this club who are the complete polar opposite.

Don Andrésº8

why not sarri?? valverde is not bad but it will be a world of difference betwen bilbau and barcelona, i think he will not be capable to deal with the pressure

JamDav1982

why not sarri?? valverde is not bad but it will be a world of difference betwen bilbau and barcelona, i think he will not be capable to deal with the pressure

Why would managing Napoli be any more relevant than Bilbao?

There is pressure at Bilbao in terms of you are representing a club that for a lot of the supporters is a symbol of who they are.

Would guess Bilbao is closer to Barca in that aspect than Napoli is.

xXKonan

Just a short video of the pressing Bilbao were doing vs us back at the start of the season. we scored only one goal that match thanks to Rakitic 17 mins in. but the rest of the match had me sweating bullets. :lol:

Neeraj

Nice. I hope he can bring some of that to Barca.

Unfortunately we just don't have the personnel for something like that. Look at our eleven, there are barely 2 or 3 players in there who would be able to play a pressing game.

Can't say I'm particularly stoked about Valverde as such, but I am so glad we finally have a new coach; Lucho's no-tactic-no-plan approach made us so, so boring to watch. I am willing to give Valverde time, provided we makes some decent decisions in the off season. I know it's not all up to him as to who we get, but if he makes some smart moves with regards to moving dead weight out and gets some good players from the market, that would be the first move in the right direction.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I wonder how much influence he'll have in the players we sign this summer. Hopefully he's more judicious than Luis Enrique.

khaled_a_d

As long as he'll call the shots re. transfers and building the team he wants, he deserves the time and respect.
:robert: better butt out and take care of extending Messi and doing least damage as possible.

Please god no, it has been always the worst option to let a coach entirely choose the players. Lucho is the one wanted Arda,Vidal & Gomes. Pep wanted Ibra and Chyg. They are coaches not scouts. We will end up paying 50M for Laporte if this is the caseز

Messi983

Unfortunately we just don't have the personnel for something like that. Look at our eleven, there are barely 2 or 3 players in there who would be able to play a pressing game.

That's one part of the "problem". Probably even bigger is there are not a lot of teams that would play Barça way (building from the back) against us. But still good to see organized high pressure. We could use that in certain games/situations but against most teams that will still sit back we won't be able to execute that.

Another video of Bilbao's offense against Sevilla.

[youtube]oO7wtOBspNI[/youtube]

Just a short video but a lot od diversity in a way they attack. Overall there is a lot to like in both aspects of the game from tactical standpoint. Now we'll just have to wait and see how Valverde's tactics will work with different set of players.

Home of Barca Fans