Ernesto Valverde - V1

Faceless

No more faces at night
Why wouldn't we?

Some people here are already jumping on him saying he has no personality, weak after our Clasico loss.

I personally hope he does earn the respect of the dressing room, which would prove key in important matches. Lucho even though how controversial his management was.. I think players viewed him as if he's part of the dressing room.

I understand people are scared that we might have Tata 2.0 but Valverde haven't shown us what he and coaching staff are capable of.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
90 percent of people were writing off Lucho in December and then we won the treble so we can't really know what's what even in winter.
Valverde didn't have a proper pre-season and then he was left without Neymar and didn't get important signings. SuperCopa was disappointing but nothing but a glorified friendly really with the state we were in.

Faceless

No more faces at night
That's why for now, I just hope the fans will be "kinder" to Valverde. These are hard times even with Dembele, Semedo and other possible signing.

Surely fans can't expect him to fix everything that's broken in our team. I can't imagine who we'll try to sign if Valverde gets the sack/resigns

Barcilliant

Maybe he's a good tactician but you need more then that at Barca.

You need a big personality and the respect of the dressing room. We are essentially in a pretty poor state on and off the field. Does Valverde have the personality to guide us through this? I don't think so. Most of this mess is not his fault. I just don't think he's the guy to get us back on track.

Barcilliant

My highest expectations this season is copa and maybe second place in the league. Cl is out of the question and I think second round or Qf exit beckons again.

Would be very interested to hear what other people think are the minimum expectations for Valverde.

behindbrowneyes

I believe in him. IIRC we had just 1 win but 2 losses in Pep's 4 first games. There is a little revolution under way in our squad and our management wasn't able to make the necessary signings in time. I'm confident that Valverde can make us great again. If you look at a raw talent like Dembélé I'm pretty sure Valverde is way better coach to make him one of the best compared to Lucho.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Emery saying Verratti likes Barca, but that we were never in for him/made an offer.

[tw]903345184238424065[/tw]

Lomar1o

My highest expectations this season is copa and maybe second place in the league. Cl is out of the question and I think second round or Qf exit beckons again.

Would be very interested to hear what other people think are the minimum expectations for Valverde.

RM will knock us out in Copa, we will desperately fight for the 2nd or even 3rd place in La Liga, and CL... lol, probably out in the first round of the knockouts unless we meet a fodder.

xXKonan

Boy these guys are doing a good job fucking Valverde over in his first window.

Semedo and Dembele those are good additions but they are not enough. even he said during the pregame press conference after we signed Dembele he was still begging for more signings. We stubbornly kept trying to get Coutinho and no avail.

Can't imagine what he's thinking right now.

xavi_the_Boss

He said Dembele isn´t enough and what do we get?
Nothing.He pretty much ends up with a worse Team then we had last season.

xXKonan

Well he has to now squeeze blood from a stone in regards to the likes of Gomes,Arda,Vidal etc.

tough task ahead this season.

Home of Barca Fans