Ernesto Valverde - V1

raki

This is so true.

People saying Valverde won the double last season.

I watched at least 20 la liga games last season and I think we played well in about two. Alot of the time we were lucky and didn't deserve the points.

That´s just a flat out lie. Stop this nonsense.

Morten

This is so true.

People saying Valverde won the double last season. �� �� ��

I watched at least 20 la liga games last season and I think we played well in about two. Alot of the time we were lucky and didn't deserve the points.

This man has no clue, no vision, no tactics, no courage nothing.

I was against hiring Valverde but even I didn't know he'd be this bad. He's a terrible manager but a yes man for the seniors and board so he'll be given alot of rope.

Another problem is the board using the barca dna and la liga experience excuse. No big epl club thinks like that. Pep, Sarri, Klopp and others all recruited from other league. The board seem to be satisfied with la liga and look at the cl as some sort of crap shoot.

Europe needs to be our focus now. It's embarrassing when players say they're happy to join "the best club in the world". It's almost as if the clubs pr team are feeding them this crap. We are so far from being the best. We are barely top eight in Europe now.

The squad is strong but we need a strong manager who will tweak our style and make it more effective in cl. We also need a manager who will take the tough decisions in regards to the senior core. Player development is another issue. At the moment we are turning into the next Milan.

So bad that he wins domestic doubles by default? What a terrible manager.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I am sick of this idiot! He has included Denis and Munir in the squad vs Girona while Malcom and Alena will again rot in the stands! Fucking moron! This has to stop or he will ruin Alena and bury Malcom confidence to the ground!

There Is also another problem which could arise from this. If Valverde stays here for another year I am sure some young talents like De Jong will opt for another club. Why the hell would they choose Valverde over Pep or Tuchel when they know they will get Malcom or Alena treatment here. This guy will seriously damage the reputation of Barca.

If the asshole didn't want to play Alena, he should at least have let him play for the B team! What a pig

Barcilliant

BTW there's a clear disconnect between Valverde and the recruitment staff. Abidal and Co are buying younger players, idiot Valverde wants older players.

He wanted Willian. We tried but Chelsea wanted an obscene amount for a 30 year old. We buy a promising youngster and Valverde sulks. It's clear he didn't want Malcom. Abidal has more Barca DNA than clown Valverde. I can see Abidal actually hiring a decent manager. We need to get rid of Valverde. He's useless.

khaled_a_d

BTW there's a clear disconnect between Valverde and the recruitment staff. Abidal and Co are buying younger players, idiot Valverde wants older players.

He wanted Willian. We tried but Chelsea wanted an obscene amount for a 30 year old. We buy a promising youngster and Valverde sulks. It's clear he didn't want Malcom. Abidal has more Barca DNA than clown Valverde. I can see Abidal actually hiring a decent manager. We need to get rid of Valverde. He's useless.

How is that clear, guy got injured too early and is yet to get greenlight.
Also, Abidal is pushing for one of Pogba or Rabiot and won't be surprised if he tries to get a French coach for us if Xavi (who renewed till 2020) isn't available to be our coach

Raketa10

I am sure he will again start with our “elite 11” and that will continue until someone gets injured. When that happens our backups will be totaly unprepared since they are playing a maximum of 5-10 minutes per game. I honestly hope I am wrong but I stopped hoping this guy will ever change.

Last edited:

serghei

Tactically, I think Valverde is good, just not Barca level.

I'd say Valverde has some clear qualities. He is calm and composed, and over 38 games this shows up, because the team is successful at playing in a game by game basis, which gives us the much needed consistency to come out on top after a 10 months battle. His Barca is, so far at least, a very very hard team to beat in the long run. You can't have this kind of consistency unless you do some things about your job really well.

But has 2 really big flaws I can't get over, because I get the feeling that these flaws will never be eliminated.

1) doesn't care or doesn't know (or both) to develop talented young players because he is so conservative that he basically thinks every young player is the same. Older players are automatically more ready to cope with pressure than young players, so he basically values experience (this is very related to age basically) over talent and potential.

A guy like that could have Busquets circa 2008 and he would stall his development for 2-3 seasons making him a bench player, getting minutes here and there in a sporadic manner.

2) doesn't have anything special in terms of vision. Doesn't play a very good brand of football, doesn't have a great football mind that is helping him to bring his best tactics in the bigger games, doesn't have great leadership skills. Doesn't have a very coherent style of playing that would make him stand out among other managers.

That being said, if he wins La Liga or CL this season, his results will be noteworthy after two seasons. Not unbelievable or anything, but good. If he wins the CL he will make a name for himself, but I doubt he will, because somehow in CL he has more flaws than qualities. Basically, just like league campaigns bring out some of his best qualities, Champions League high pressure intense games bring out some of his most visible flaws.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
How is that clear, guy got injured too early and is yet to get greenlight.
Also, Abidal is pushing for one of Pogba or Rabiot and won't be surprised if he tries to get a French coach for us if Xavi (who renewed till 2020) isn't available to be our coach
Guess it's more like the board using Abi to get the French? Rabiot and Pogba were linked to us even before Abi took the charge

vlad

let's see who he starts today.

if he starts the same old,
we are exiting at the UCL 1/16 this season

How did you get to such conclusion?

I understand fans criticizing valverde due to lack of rotation and giving chances to youngsters, but no need to be so tragic

However he starts today, that will have nothing to do how will barca perform in CL

Home of Barca Fans