Ernesto Valverde - V1

Windhook

He is still adjusting, I don't blame him for experimenting different formations. Some would work, some would not. The 4-3-3 is mastered by Real Madrid at the moment, we are just playing "pass the ball to Messi" thing.

Personally I don't like his style, but he was chosen by the criminals on board and will have to give his all to lead this club. I will support him until we fall back 15 points behind Real Madrid in the table, which will be enough to get him sacked around Christmas. Pep also had a bad start during 2008/09 season, but Valverde is definitely lacking the charisma the Catalan has.

Messi983

Nothing Valverde has shown has shown so far has been convincing. Tactically, motivation, fitness, recruitment...all weak as fuck.

And we might lose Samper and Roberto because of him.

#valverdeout
#bartoout
#robertout
#seguraout

Don't understand this. Why would be his fault? Samper was always going to have problems to stay but at least he gave him chances in preseason and Roberto will leave only if he'll decide to do so. But I believe he'll stay and be an important player for Valverde. Maybe not a "starter" (if we don't sign someone like Coutinho I don't really see us having a fixed starters at either CM position and all players will get a chance to prove themselves until Valverde will find the best combination) but will still get a lot of minutes because of his versatility.

Garrus

:lol:
I still remember the #Luchoout hashtags only 3 months after he took charge.
If there is one thing we can count on with cules, Is that they never learn.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks Valverde basically told the club to stop fucking around and sign quality players during the press conference today if they expect to compete for major trophies.

gatsu

No way Valverde is clueless he largely proved that he is a good tactician when he was the coach of Atletic.

I strongly think that return super copa formation was a message for the board that we have garbage players.

I don't want this board hiring another coach. If we get rid of Valverde (still too soon to talk about that IMO), it better be under a new board.

Same goes for Robert, fire him now and they'll just hire another clown. Just like when we went from Zubi to him. We need to get rid of the disease or the symptoms will just keep popping up.

Last edited:

xXKonan

He even said this as well.

Valverde: "Messi is the best player in the world, but we must have the players help him play to his full potential." #FCBlive

refreshing stuff.

Neymessi

:lol:
I still remember the #Luchoout hashtags only 3 months after he took charge.
If there is one thing we can count on with cules, Is that they never learn.

You say as if lucho turned out to be like pep after that.

After his disastrous first 6 months he was crucified everywhere and he was forced to stop using his dumb ass tactics and rotation. The next six months we played like a normal team because he didn't put his own tactics there and didn't complicate stuff.

Fast forward to the next 2 seasons and he was back to being himself and was more of himself in his last season. He was always a mediocre coach. Always. I used to say that even in the treble season when people were feeling he is a really good coach and used to argue with me otherwise. Fans just felt he was a good coach for a breif moment of time and it all burst soon.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Said in the chat that the 4-2-3-1 won't work against a top side. It was either a 4-2-3-1 with Messi at striker or a 4-3-3 with Roberto going headless chicken, Messi false 9, and Paco/Deulo on the wings. Either way it won't work with our best lineup.

Suarez would be totally fucked playing on the left, Messi would get smothered in the middle by any defensive side, a midfield 2 of Busi-Rakitic would get overrun so quickly. We need to buy Seri/Dembele and go back to a 4-3-3 or at least a 4-3-1-2 with Messi at the #10 if he doesn't want to play wide.

I liked that he learned about Semedo, and that he played Vidal in attack. So far EV hasn't made the same mistake twice, which is at least promising. I thought things always looked stronger when he played 4-3-3 with high press in preseason and against RM, we just needed to stick to that formula which was working and add proper personnel. Hope he doesn't keep tinkering and just builds rhythm/momentum with our native and best formation/system.

Home of Barca Fans