Ernesto Valverde - V1

What can EV do if Rakitic and Busi look like grannies compared to RM players. He could drop them, but then again who else can play in the midfield.
You will say Alena, Samper etc. I hope they were good enough, but they are not, at least not yet.
All our problems start from the midfield, too many players but no one is good enough.

Neymessi

He really shouldn't have played gomes, and semedo should have started. These 2 things only could have changed the result.

serghei

I support Valverde, but I'm starting to see some things I don't like.

Madrid played with more ambition and more motivation than us.

Madrid was fresher physically.

Madrid played better and pressed us, we did not do that.

Madrid players helped each other, by providing multiple passing options as soon as one of their players was on the ball. Our players, on the other hand, often moved away from their teammate when he was on the ball, as if he was expected to hold off Madrid's pressing on his own with his miraculous skills.

Madrid has a better team and we have about 3 positions where we could do better. However, let's just not act as if we are Malaga or Deportivo. The team was bad tactically, physically and mentally. Valverde has to get his head right, figure out what he wants to play and stop playing reactive football. We need to play roughly the same way no matter who the opponent is.

Last edited:

Devils

Nothing Valverde has shown has shown so far has been convincing. Tactically, motivation, fitness, recruitment...all weak as fuck.

And we might lose Samper and Roberto because of him.

#valverdeout
#bartoout
#robertout
#seguraout

blaugrana1987

I support Valverde, but I'm starting to see some things I don't like.

Madrid played with more ambition and more motivation than us.

Madrid was fresher physically.

Madrid played better and pressed us, we did not do that.

Madrid players helped each other, by providing multiple passing options as soon as one of their players was on the ball. Our players, on the other hand, often moved away from their teammate when he was on the ball, as if he was expected to hold off Madrid's pressing on his own with his miraculous skills.

Madrid has a better team and we have about 3 positions where we could do better. However, let's just not act as if we are Malaga or Deportivo. The team was bad tactically, physically and mentally. Valverde has to get his head right, figure out what he wants to play and stop playing reactive football. We need to play roughly the same way no matter who the opponent is.
They played with more ambition because our team literally threw the towel. Moral is completely shot. You had Iniesta saying 300m cannot replace Neymar and then when we actually got 222m we apent 40m on washed out brazillian reject from China in obvious shady deal.

Then you have Coutinho and Dembele deals stalled less then 2 weeks before the end of the transfer deadline and you can see Valverde can only do so much. Even Busquets said "We need reinforcement!"

Valverdes pre season tour was horrid duo to Neymar leaving. Entire team was shunned because Neymar was leaving. Then when he left not one of our targets was signed.

Terrible terrible windoww.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
The fact that he started that midfield as made him lose a lot in my eyes.

Well its not like he has a plethora of options now does he. If he started one of Samper or Alena and we lost he'd be crucified for starting kids in a classico. He had no Iniesta, so Rakitic, Gomes, Busi and Roberto are the only options he has left. He's essentially between a rock and a hard place. Might actually be missing the midfield he had at Bilbao right about now :lol:

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
We have a good team? is this plain delusional or what?

Valverde: "I have a shit team. I'd take Madrid's bench over the steaming pile of crap currently in my starting XI. That is all."

Hell of a way to endear yourself to a new club isn't it SMH :facepalm:

khaled_a_d

Valverde choose the wrong formation and the wrong players for it, players were lost, no link up between lines, huge distance between players and the list goes on.
With same players we have beaten RM in Bernabeu less than four months ago, I would argue we have actually out played them and at least we were way better in comparison to what we have seen this week. And there was no Neymar too.
It is way too early to judge Valverde as a coach here,no doubt about that. But judging the work in 2 games? he was plan out awful. Our team is way,way better than that.
A coach job is to get the best out of his team, Pep done that for 3 years, Lucho done that for two years. For me this season is all about Valverde, Coutinho and Dembele won't have half the affect that a good or bad coaching will have on this team

Home of Barca Fans