Ernesto Valverde - V1

FCBfan22

Yes, but you're ignoring Messi has been most effective coming from the right. If we can make it worth (which I doubt: lol:), it's definitely worth trying.

Has been is the key. He is not as fast or agile as he was when he used to dribble the whole right side and go for a goal.

But he won't stay on the right anyways as shown in those two games, which results in an isolated right back, disjointed midfield and dependancy on Suarez to score (oh, God). No need to say that if a teem like Liverpool with good wingers comes, they will have a field day on our right side offensively. Rakitić up the field, Messi doesn't defend... Only Roberto/Semedo and Pique left for somebody like Mane.

soul24rage

I think that in a 4231/442, Messi at CAM and Dembele on the RW is the best approach for me. I think Dembele has a good connection with Messi, Suarez and Semedo and he has shown that he can track back and defend. I don't think that he can "sense" potential dangers when defending but that really comes down to lack of experience.

Also Messi and Dembele has shown that they are comfortable in each other's positions and interchange frequently to confuse defenders. This video can explain that part much better and I think this can be a useful attacking option. (starts at 0:52)

[youtube]5vipTxyEW3E[/youtube]

Joan

Has been is the key. He is not as fast or agile as he was when he used to dribble the whole right side and go for a goal.

But he won't stay on the right anyways as shown in those two games, which results in an isolated right back, disjointed midfield and dependancy on Suarez to score (oh, God). No need to say that if a teem like Liverpool with good wingers comes, they will have a field day on our right side offensively. Rakitić up the field, Messi doesn't defend... Only Roberto/Semedo and Pique left for somebody like Mane.

No. He doesn't have to dribble the whole right flank. Messi still often goes wide on the right flank and some of his most inspiring plays are coming from that side. Not to mention that Messi's movements always destabilize defense. Look at his heat map for example.

I understand what you're saying and I agree with you, but it's a reasonable attempt to try to make it work. Otherwise, we'll have to stick to 4-4-2 or some 4-2-3-1 alternatives.

FCBfan22

No. He doesn't have to dribble the whole right flank. Messi still often goes wide on the right flank and some of his most inspiring plays are coming from that side. Not to mention that Messi's movements always destabilize defense. Look at his heat map for example.

I understand what you're saying and I agree with you, but it's a reasonable attempt to try to make it work. Otherwise, we'll have to stick to 4-4-2 or some 4-2-3-1 alternatives.

Well, from what I have seen from this ressurection of Lucho Style 4-3-3, I think we will have a few stupid defeats in Liga this year and an embarrasing CL exit again.

None of Lucho and Pep, who won the trebles, never copied their predecessor. This is exactly what Lucho is doing now and it will end badly.

RMU ReBorn

Current Liverpool side would ran all over us regardless of formation ,if our forwards are static . They press relentlessly for 90 minutes

George_Costanza

He is currently Barca manager . I would even defend trump if he manages Barca one day . You can fuck off or choose to ignore if you don't like my posts . I have defended Ev , Rakitic , Mats (2015) and many other players who gets slaughtered here left right center . call me a lawyer for those players . I don't give ass

So you are a cheerleader, does that make you special? What is the purpose of this forum? to cheerlead our manager and players? do you even understand that criticism is a form of communication, to give a feedback and it forces you to think differently? And people here have every right to criticize Velvarde and he will get positive feedback when it's due. This forum cannot turn into seeing no evil and speak no evil mentality led by you and some like Jamdv.

And watch your language and stop being E-thug!

RMU ReBorn

So you are a cheerleader, does that make you special? What is the purpose of this forum? to cheerlead our manager and players? do you even understand that criticism is a form of communication, to give a feedback and it forces you to think differently? And people here have every right to criticize Velvarde and he will get positive feedback when it's due. This forum cannot turn into seeing no evil and speak no evil mentality led by you and some like Jamdv.

And watch your language and stop being E-thug!
Just like you have every right to criticise him , i do have every right to defend him if i feel that he is getting bashed . Call me a cheerleader or anything you want . As i said i don't give two fucks

George_Costanza

Just like you have every right to criticise him , i do have every right to defend him if i feel that he is getting bashed . Call me a cheerleader or anything you want . As i said i don't give two fucks

BlackCautiousDouglasfirbarkbeetle-max-1mb.gif

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
With Messi having talked about what happened in the CL last season and how they want to rectify that this season putting more importance on that, I'm looking forward to how Valverde will react.

The Captain has made it clear that while they want to win everything, the CL in particular is what they might want the most.

FCBfan22

I just can't imagine how we are supposed to stop players like Marcelo with the formation we used in Gamper and Supercopa...

With Messi having talked about what happened in the CL last season and how they want to rectify that this season putting more importance on that, I'm looking forward to how Valverde will react.

The fact that Messi has said so publicly (reiterating what he emphasized in the Mundo Deportivo and Sport publications back in early June) tells you that he and our Barca mean business this season when it comes to the Champions League and will prioritize the "cup tournament" this season. Where Messi goes, Barcelona goes.

(Oh captain my captain!)

Messi's goals (for the season, figuratively and literally) = Barcelona's goals (for the season).

We've always won La Liga and European Cup/Champions League together so I fully expect a European Double (at the very least) this season. (He knows that this is an opportunity they absolutely cannot pass up, since he's 32 in 2019.)

With Atletico's incentive of playing in their home stadium in the final, this may very well be an Atletico vs Barcelona affair in Madrid for the final (assuming we don't meet them in the quarters and semis.) You can be sure Simeone's men will go all out.

As will we. May the blaugrana win.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_(association_football)#European_Double

FCBfan22

The fact that Messi has said so publicly (reiterating what he emphasized in the Mundo Deportivo and Sport publications back in early June) tells you that he and our Barca mean business this season when it comes to the Champions League and will prioritize the "cup tournament" this season. Where Messi goes, Barcelona goes.

(Oh captain my captain!)

Messi's goals (for the season, figuratively and literally) = Barcelona's goals (for the season).

We've always won La Liga and European Cup/Champions League together so I fully expect a European Double (at the very least) this season. (He knows that this is an opportunity they absolutely cannot pass up, since he's 32 in 2019.)

With Atletico's incentive of playing in their home stadium in the final, this may very well be an Atletico vs Barcelona affair in Madrid for the final (assuming we don't meet them in the quarters and semis.) You can be sure Simeone's men will go all out.

As will we. May the blaugrana win.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double_(association_football)#European_Double

With that kind of intesity as shown in the Supercup, we have no chance in CL. Static game and incredibly one sided.

We need to up our intensity about 70%. Then we can dream of the CL. And change the setup. Plus Suarez needs to find form.

jairzinho

With that kind of intesity as shown in the Supercup, we have no chance in CL. Static game and incredibly one sided.

We need to up our intensity about 70%. Then we can dream of the CL. And change the setup. Plus Suarez needs to find form.

Not too worried. Think we'll up our intensity once the season gets going. Last season we got blown away by Real in the Supercup and look how things turned out. My only concern is EV and rotation. If we want the CL then we need to adjust our priorities and that involves rotation and resting players when we can. We should be not be playing first team players in the Copa unless it's in the latter stages.

Trickykid

Using the SuperCup as an intensity gauge for the ChL knockouts, which are, what, five months or so away?

I'm confuzzled...

serghei

It doesn't matter what players are saying. It's their attitude on the field that matters. Rest is bullshit anyway.

Home of Barca Fans