Alba Umtiti Pique Semedo
Stegen

LW Messi Dembele
Coutinho Arthur
Busquets
Alba Umtiti Pique Semedo
Stegen

LW: I would go for Martial
CM: I do not really know, I personally would rather Alena instead of buying anyone this summer.

Suarez is definitely should be benched more often with Rakitic and Pique.

clemente

People don't remember shit but I remember so clearly how before literally EVERY single game I was dissapointed with the lineup, only 1 time I agreed with his setup, people see the results that we won almost every la liga game, but it was the most clutch season for Messi, almost every match was saved by him and Mats, also opponents missing clear cut 1v1 chances multiple times almost every game helped. I cannot see anything change this season, he will again start players like Vidal, Gomes etc and fans will act surprised. I just feel bad for Alena, guy seems to have so much potential but there is no way he will ever step on the grass under EV, hope we manage to loan him out to somewhere like Sevilla.

JamDav1982

People don't remember shit but I remember so clearly how before literally EVERY single game I was dissapointed with the lineup, only 1 time I agreed with his setup, people see the results that we won almost every la liga game, but it was the most clutch season for Messi, almost every match was saved by him and Mats, also opponents missing clear cut 1v1 chances multiple times almost every game helped. I cannot see anything change this season, he will again start players like Vidal, Gomes etc and fans will act surprised. I just feel bad for Alena, guy seems to have so much potential but there is no way he will ever step on the grass under EV, hope we manage to loan him out to someone like Sevilla.

Aye and Barca won the double and played well doing it.

So you moaning every game means nothing but you being wrong.

clemente

Aye and Barca won the double and played well doing it.

So you moaning every game means nothing but you being wrong.

This guy is defending EV, ffs trolls like you selling this joke "we played well", I believe have some actual impact on this club not making any big decisions to enforce some changes.

RMU ReBorn

We can't play differently WITH Messi.

Only 2 options are:
1. 433 with Messi as a roaming Cdm, Suarez+Coutinho/Dembele
2. the other, Barcaforum's option, is to play Messi as a false 9, Cou on the left and Dembele on the right.
The problem with that formation is that we wouldn't have a man in the box, which all CL, Euros and World cups winning teams lately have in Benzema, Giroud, Mandzukic, Lukaku and similar.
On paper it seems as if Messi would be banging goals like during Pep.
In reality, Messi would drop to a Cdm, sulk and walk, and we would have Coutinho (NOT a true attacker) somewhere in between Lcm and a Lw (with no one in the box), waiting to try a longshot, and Dembele, who is a not a Cf, hogging a touchline and most often don't have a clue what a team is doing around him.
So, basically, we would play 451 with Coutinho in attack, and Messi hitting a wall of 4-5 players whenever he would come close to a box.

Imo, a huge: NO THANKS for a system without a Cf in 2018, and where an older, walking Messi is the only attacking option.

We need to evolve and move from Messipendencia to have 2-3-4 attacking options, NOT named Messi waiting for the ball at the edge of a box in every single action (while being surrounded by 5 defenders).
You are right . Messi under Pep covered more distance compared to now . He ran 9.2 km in CL final against United in 2009 . That's crazy compared to 7.5 km that he often covers these days . Messi as a false nine was literally our third attacking midfielder as well as the scoring option with him covering more distance . That won't happen now . Against teams that will defend well ,he will drop deep sending in all the long balls to Suarez . That would be a disaster . Need to find a system were Messi can be played in wings with coutinho in central midfield and Suarez as target man . For that we need a proper RB , so that our Rw isn't dead as Rakitic / Arthur would have to cover for Messi in Rw . This is the best option we have .

Icarium

Lifestealer
I understand why he wants willian but i sure as hell dont like it. 4-4-2 is so boring. We might still win the league but CL is out of question without a good midfielder signing.

Icarium

Lifestealer
It was really bad, probably the worst in a decade. If Madrid did not play that bad the begining considering injuries and fitness and all valverde woudnt be at Barca right now.

Home of Barca Fans