Ernesto Valverde - V1

FinBarcelonafan

He really fucked up. Liverpool in CL final. What a joke..

This final was by no means final. It was one of the worst finals I have ever seen.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
First the board need to step up their game and support him with at least one proper high profile midfield signing along with Griezmann and a new useful CB, and if an opportunity pops up think about the RB situation. I don't count Arthur for next season as he's only coming in January.

And then....

They need to tell Valverde that he should play the subs in the Copa and that he need to make the team play better football and at minimum make the CL semi-final by playing at a high level.

If he doesn't reach these expectations he's done at the end of next season or if we play the same shit on a stick brand of football with Suarez stinking up the place and no one being held accountable, he should be done in December/January.

It's not acceptable.

Also, he doesn't get to decide who we sign or how big or small of a squad he wants. Manage the team, hold players accountable, employ proper tactics and behave like a coach of a big team.

If that's too much for him he should pack up his bags and leave already.

But first they need to support him with a few signings and preferably move a couple of players out.

xXKonan

He's got his double this season lets see a good rebuilding job.

I want actual XI changes I don't want him to "Derp" Coutinho replaces Iniesta and stick with the 4-4-2 from last season carrying Suarez, handicapping Busi so Rakitic can thrive while playing Musical Chairs at RM/RW again.

If we get Griezmann along with a good new CM+maybe Arthur in the Summer and Dembele staying I want them to be actually used. Don't just default to the same lineup because it worked for Lucho before. Some guys in this XI need to be replaced/upgraded and this is the perfect time for this to happen.

Having a good Midfield that is not only mobile but that has creativity as well along with a good mobile front line to go along with Messi makes such a huge difference. I just hope we can achieve this in the summer and for the upcoming season.

Think I might be asking to much though.

serghei

Three priorities:

1. Play Barca football, and stop sitting back to play on the counter. It's not our style. We don't know how to win playing ugly.
2. Rotate properly and develop youth the right way. Giving Alena 0 minutes in the league with League won in april is inexcusable.
3. Motivate the squad and don't pander to our star players. They need to be made to perform at the right moments.

ronniecro

Three priorities:

1. Play Barca football, and stop sitting back to play on the counter. It's not our style. We don't know how to win playing ugly.
2. Rotate properly and develop youth the right way. Giving Alena 0 minutes in the league with League won in april is inexcusable.
3. Motivate the squad and don't pander to our star players. They need to be made to perform at the right moments.

seeing all of this from him?i very much doubt it.

snowy

First the board need to step up their game and support him with at least one proper high profile midfield signing along with Griezmann and a new useful CB, and if an opportunity pops up think about the RB situation. I don't count Arthur for next season as he's only coming in January.

And then....

They need to tell Valverde that he should play the subs in the Copa and that he need to make the team play better football and at minimum make the CL semi-final by playing at a high level.

If he doesn't reach these expectations he's done at the end of next season or if we play the same shit on a stick brand of football with Suarez stinking up the place and no one being held accountable, he should be done in December/January.

It's not acceptable.

Also, he doesn't get to decide who we sign or how big or small of a squad he wants. Manage the team, hold players accountable, employ proper tactics and behave like a coach of a big team.

But first they need to support him with a few signings and preferably move a couple of players out.

Board and Valv are really lucky they ain't in Japan. They would've had to commit seppuku after their Roman Holiday. The bigger the fuckup, the more heads would need rollin :wbounce:

motivation nippon style :lol:

BarçaBarça

Three priorities:

All very doable parameters, I would say. Both with the injury-free squad we have now, and especially with a few class signings.

They key question is, I guess, what kind of results would be acceptable to accomplish these goals? Reinventing our playing style, integrating inexperienced players and stirring powerfights in the dressing-room when the oldies doesn't perform could very well hinder the result-focused approach he has right now. But nobody would give him shit for a blank year with a CL-semi or maybe even a season with a league win, would they? Tbh, I think he will get slaughtered if we don't win CL next year no matter how many minutes Alena plays and how excitingly we win games.

serghei

All very doable parameters, I would say. Both with the injury-free squad we have now, and especially with a few class signings.

They key question is, I guess, what kind of results would be acceptable to accomplish these goals? Reinventing our playing style, integrating inexperienced players and stirring powerfights in the dressing-room when the oldies doesn't perform could very well hinder the result-focused approach he has right now. But nobody would give him shit for a blank year with a CL-semi or maybe even a season with a league win, would they? Tbh, I think he will get slaughtered if we don't win CL next year no matter how many minutes Alena plays and how excitingly we win games.

Considering the payers we have, we wouldn't have sacrificed anything in terms of results. We can win La Liga playing Barca football as well. And we don't have anything to lose in CL considering our recent performances there.

henias

If you limit yourselves with options, like how he always "prefer a small squad", then no matter how many class signings there are, you'll still get slaughtered. Alena has potential, no matter how he'll turn out, you'll still have to pick him over Gomes, and you'll still need fresh legs to carry the team through the season. There's simply no escaping from this fact, especially after what happened with Lucho.

You cannot stay as champions with a midtable mentality.

Again, it's not about how many he will win or how will he be praised based on what the outcome is. No. I don't know what's your obsession with that. You simply cant go into a competition the way he did, absolutely unprepared with negligence and expect not to get slaughtered.

BarçaBarça

If you limit yourselves with options, like how he always "prefer a small squad", then no matter how many class signings there are, you'll still get slaughtered. Alena has potential, no matter how he'll turn out, you'll still have to pick him over Gomes, and you'll still need fresh legs to carry the team through the season. There's simply no escaping from this fact, especially after what happened with Lucho.

You cannot stay as champions with a midtable mentality.

Again, it's not about how many he will win or how will he be praised based on what the outcome is. No. I don't know what's your obsession with that. You simply cant go into a competition the way he did, absolutely unprepared with negligence and expect not to get slaughtered.

His point about the "small squad" is that if you have people like Deulofeu/Arda Turan/Denis/Gomes/Rafinha/Paco then it is very difficult to field our best youngsters like Arnaiz or Alena. Instead we should have benchplayers who are stars and youngsters. Wouldn't you agree with that? He had Deulofeu, Vidal and Arda as his main winger-option for half a season - how about that! That is pure crap, there is no Bale on the bench, and that need to change - he would be the first to demand better players on the bench and to slash the dead-weight. And man does he get much shit over Gomes. I'm not even sure he wants him to stay. He played 2 full league games all season, the rest was subs, and yet it is treated like he hates Denis and loves Gomes, even though they have played the same amount (and both proven themselves to be too bad for barca!).

First step is to get Griezmann, which leaves us with class options up front. Next step is to get another midfielder, and after selling the dead-weight (loaning + paying wages, who are we kidding), I'm sure he would like more and better options in there as well.

henias

His point about the "small squad" is that if you have people like Deulofeu/Arda Turan/Denis/Gomes/Rafinha/Paco then it is very difficult to field our best youngsters like Arnaiz or Alena. Instead we should have benchplayers who are stars and youngsters. Wouldn't you agree with that? He had Deulofeu, Vidal and Arda as his main winger-option for half a season - how about that! That is pure crap, there is no Bale on the bench, and that need to change - he would be the first to demand better players on the bench and to slash the dead-weight. And man does he get much shit over Gomes. I'm not even sure he wants him to stay. He played 2 full league games all season, the rest was subs, and yet it is treated like he hates Denis and loves Gomes, even though they have played the same amount (and both proven themselves to be too bad for barca!).

First step is to get Griezmann, which leaves us with class options up front. Next step is to get another midfielder, and after selling the dead-weight (loaning + paying wages, who are we kidding), I'm sure he would like more and better options in there as well.

Denis have offered much more than Gomes and has always been, Turan and Rafinha were long gone, funny how you mentioned them. If you cant even let Alena play for 5-10 mins like Gomes would have, let alone in a useless league game when the league is won, then dont give some excuses like u dont have a good bench. Dembele was left on the bench countless times as well.

Also, I wasnt talking about Denis and Gomes, but since you are at it, yes considering how much Gomes has contributed is just mind boggling on how much minutes he's given under Valverde and the absolute trust he has in him. Now Valverde starts to see more in Denis which is good, but it's only after the Roma game he starts to open up a little, but that doesnt cover up the fact he fucked up with his Gomes obsession.

You can buy all the players u want, but there's simply no guarantee the players you spend on will be better and is by no means a sustainable way of expanding your squad. Youth players shud get their chances as well.

BarçaBarça

Denis have offered much more than Gomes and has always been, Turan and Rafinha were long gone, funny how you mentioned them. If you cant even let Alena play for 5-10 mins like Gomes would have, let alone in a useless league game when the league is won, then dont give some excuses like u dont have a good bench. Dembele was left on the bench countless times as well.

Also, I wasnt talking about Denis and Gomes, but since you are at it, yes considering how much Gomes has contributed is just mind boggling on how much minutes he's given under Valverde and the absolute trust he has in him. Now Valverde starts to see more in Denis which is good, but it's only after the Roma game he starts to open up a little, but that doesnt cover up the fact he fucked up with his Gomes obsession.

You can buy all the players u want, but there's simply no guarantee the players you spend on will be better and is by no means a sustainable way of expanding your squad. Youth players shud get their chances as well.

I'm stopping right here, because I'm not even sure you are reading my posts anymore. My post was about Valverdes complain that a too big squad hinders possibilities to play youthplayers. And my reason for bringing up Arda, Rafinha, Vidal and Deulofeu was your complain that he doesn't rotate more - and I agree that he should, but there was a reason for it in the beginning of the season, precisely because our bench was pure shit with Deulofeu, Arda and Vidal.

And if you read my post you will see that I presents some hard facts: Gomes has played TWO full league games and 1 full champions league game. But sure, he is obsessed with him. Considering how little Denis has contributed it is mindboggling how much he has played as well (which isn't much).

TitoTata

Banned

And then....

It's not acceptable.

It won't matter a jot if we spend 500 million as there's no guarantee this manager will actually play or trust them

henias

I'm stopping right here, because I'm not even sure you are reading my posts anymore. My post was about Valverdes complain that a too big squad hinders possibilities to play youthplayers. And my reason for bringing up Arda, Rafinha, Vidal and Deulofeu was your complain that he doesn't rotate more - and I agree that he should, but there was a reason for it in the beginning of the season, precisely because our bench was pure shit with Deulofeu, Arda and Vidal.

And if you read my post you will see that I presents some hard facts: Gomes has played TWO full league games and 1 full champions league game. But sure, he is obsessed with him. Considering how little Denis has contributed it is mindboggling how much he has played as well (which isn't much).

Again, Denis has contributed much more than Gomes, not "little" at all.

I was talking about the late season, why are you talking about the start of the season?

"Too big of a squad hinders possibility to play youth players?" Haha who are u kidding? I dont see Arda or Rafinha playing and were long gone by late season and if you are talking about midfielders there's only Gomes and Alena to choose between. Considering the league was already won, he has no excuse not to call up Alena, the very least.

I'm also not sure what I'm reading anymore u clown.

Home of Barca Fans