Ernesto Valverde - V1

Icarium

Lifestealer
Even if Madrid loses the CL I would rate our season average. Not just about the Roma game this Barca team just doesn't look good enough not entertaining compared to previous teams. Lot of failed potential. But getting a double after selling Neymar is still a good achievement. We just to need to improve next season. If Madrid wins the CL this season will definitely have a bitter taste, that is not the decider for our season but it does has an impact on how we view it. Slightly. It hurts to see Madrid lift their 4th trophy in 5 years while we have been crashing out of quarters.

FinBarcelonafan

It's funny though, If Real fails to win CL. This season could be very good. At least we would feel way better ourselves.

Real Madrid's season would be disaster without CL trophy.

Nothanks

Or maybe you should read past his first line?
yeah i did, nothing changed
"I would rate our season average" oh wait no "But getting a double after selling Neymar is still a good achievement."

so if we had neymar we have to win trebles every year to not be average?

still makes no sense his post is riddled with confusion and inconsistencies
regardless the double is an achievement with or without neymar

Icarium

Lifestealer
yeah i did, nothing changed
"I would rate our season average" oh wait no "But getting a double after selling Neymar is still a good achievement."

so if we had neymar we have to win trebles every year to not be average?

still makes no sense his post is riddled with confusion and inconsistencies
regardless the double is an achievement with or without neymar

Ah yes trophies are the only indication of how a team performs right? I honestly don't know how people think this team is playing at its potential. With the amount of money and the kind of players we should be playing much better. This is probably the most boring Barca in the last decade. So yes I would rate our season average. By your logic PSG had an amazing season too. That is why they are sacking their coach. They are so amazing that they want an inferior coach smh.

It is not entirely valverde fault. He just doesn't fit Barca imo. I don't enjoy how the team performs sometimes. Playing defensive style against inferior team is something that Barca should never do. But still it happened and that is what irritates me the most. If valverde doesn't change that next season he should leave.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
It's funny though, If Real fails to win CL. This season could be very good. At least we would feel way better ourselves.

Real Madrid's season would be disaster without CL trophy.

Even if they win it or not real Madrid performance in league was a disaster and they should want to improve on that.

Neymessi

Ah yes trophies are the only indication of how a team performs right? I honestly don't know how people think this team is playing at its potential. With the amount of money and the kind of players we should be playing much better. This is probably the most boring Barca in the last decade. So yes I would rate our season average. By your logic PSG had an amazing season too. That is why they are sacking their coach. They are so amazing that they want an inferior coach smh.

It is not entirely valverde fault. He just doesn't fit Barca imo. I don't enjoy how the team performs sometimes. Playing defensive style against inferior team is something that Barca should never do. But still it happened and that is what irritates me the most. If valverde doesn't change that next season he should leave.

Not only are we playing bad, we are a also lucky to win the league considering how poor RM and atletico have been in league and gone unbeaten by playing okayish. Really wasn't that tough to win the league this time considering the circumstances and if we play like this next season and RM and atletico start playing anything like what they have been in the past, we are in for a rude awakening next season.

The point is we have plethora of problems which I hope aren't masked by a misleading double.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Not only are we playing bad, we are a also lucky to win the league considering how poor RM and atletico have been in league and gone unbeaten by playing okayish. Really wasn't that tough to win the league this time considering the circumstances and if we play like this next season and RM and atletico start playing anything like what they have been in the past, we are in for a rude awakening next season.

The point is we have plethora of problems which I hope aren't masked by a misleading double.

Then the shitstorm will follow. Trophies deciding everything and not actually seeing the reality. It is like saying Ronaldo is on par with mess with the amount of ballon d'Or they have. Barca is very from where they have to be. If they don't change some tactics and play more attacking football and bring more fluidity we will not win CL for a long time.

Joan

He's staying, so I can only hope he improves. Things I'd like him to work on:

- rotations, explanation not needed * I don't want anything radical, but before an important match, rest your starters, give chances to your benchwarmers and youngsters
- youth development, we are in transition, he's a coach who mustn't focus only on short-term successes but building a team, promoting players and developing them
- prioritizing, we've been doing fine in Copa but I think we should focus on CL and Liga, play Copa with reserves, see how far they can go
- play under pressure, big issue
- overall tactics
and last, but not least: mental strength of the team

I don't expect him to master all these flaws, but to work on them and improve his team.

pepi

- rotations, explanation not needed * I don't want anything radical, but before an important match, rest your starters, give chances to your benchwarmers and youngsters
- youth development, we are in transition, he's a coach who mustn't focus only on short-term successes but building a team, promoting players and developing them
- prioritizing, we've been doing fine in Copa but I think we should focus on CL and Liga, play Copa with reserves, see how far they can go
- overall tactics

I don't expect him to master all these flaws, but to work on them and improve his team.

That's absolutely everything. It's entirely new coach. Its crazy how fans can see what's needed and the board appoints a coach that has not one of the qualities needed. Actually, its not crazy at all, knowing how incompetent they are.

FCBfan22

- overall tactics

Also I might add:
-He needs to start preparing the team for Messi's departure. The sooner we start doing that, the better. Because it will hurt. We also don't know how much time we have. 3 years? 5 years? We don't know.

Home of Barca Fans