Ernesto Valverde - V1

serghei

assuming he wants Barca job

Well, if he doesn't want it, then he is not the right man for the job, and he'd be doing us a service by taking a year off. Allowing us to choose a manager who is up for the task and fully motivated to enter the big stage.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's the same coach whose team wrecked us in the Supercup not so long ago, and usually always create problems for us.

Had it been Bielsa the madman, people would have raved about him. Think he deserves a bit more credit.

If he didn't want the job, he would have refused already. De facto, it should be done.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were announced after the Alaves game. Or even tomorrow.

Last edited:

abiabi

Sorry, I hate this signing. Another Tata. Same old crippling philosophy of low-tempo zombie passing that died in 2013.
We need someone who is flexible, has won big things, and will change our structure to reach the opposing goal faster and defend with a lower defensive line. The team's obsession with playing our dead style made us lose 7-0 away to Psg and Juve.

JamDav1982

Sorry, I hate this signing. Another Tata. Same old crippling philosophy of low-tempo zombie passing that died in 2013.
We need someone who is flexible, has won big things, and will change our structure to reach the opposing goal faster and defend with a lower defensive line. The team's obsession with playing our dead style made us lose 7-0 away to Psg and Juve.

I think you have it the wrong way round.

Barca need someone to get back to the more ball dominant style from midfield.

Already play too much quick, counters to MSN and against most decent teams that can defend that Barca are left looking void of ideas and require Messi to central to create as midfield rarely do. That renders the right hand side of team more or less useless and allows teams to defend deep and narrow towards centre and left as thats where only threat comes from.

Get midfield control back, allow them to be fluid, get a midfield that Messi can trust enough to stick on RW more which opens up whole pitch. Thats what I want. Not an increase on counter attacks.

cro-man

I think you have it the wrong way round.

Barca need someone to get back to the more ball dominant style from midfield.

Already play too much quick, counters to MSN and against most decent teams that can defend that Barca are left looking void of ideas and require Messi to central to create as midfield rarely do. That renders the right hand side of team more or less useless and allows teams to defend deep and narrow towards centre and left as thats where only threat comes from.

Get midfield control back, allow them to be fluid, get a midfield that Messi can trust enough to stick on RW more which opens up whole pitch. Thats what I want. Not an increase on counter attacks.

But this doesnt require a new trainer but new players to play like this. With our current midfield no trainer in this world could make this work...

JamDav1982

But this doesnt require a new trainer but new players to play like this. With our current midfield no trainer in this world could make this work...

Requires both new players and a new manager.

Lucho plays the midfield in a completely different way and has chosen the midfielders.

behindbrowneyes

sport.es:
After saying that the Copa del Rey would be a good way to end the season, Luis Enrique then changed when asked by Rosety about reports in El Correo saying the Valverde deal to Barça was done and the players had been told.

"There has been no communication in that sense and on top of that I don't think you should trust in the media because the majority of them lie more than they speak," was Lucho's response to the rumours.

Does he know more? Inb4 :unzue: incoming :shakeshead:

Home of Barca Fans