Ernesto Valverde - V1

LeeRomeno

Perfect. So now we have pep's barca as boring as current one just to defend EV.

Nothing to do with Valverde, mentioned it to show that people and even our players have different perspective of what is attractive and what is not attractive football. For me Luchos football was way more fun.

Your poll was to choose amongst 'play well and lose' and 'play bad and win' and not if EV should be sacked or not. No one is going to choose to play good and lose but there is no guarantee that we can play bad and win under EV. Its just luck that we are playing badly and winning and it won't keep happening in the long run and guess what, we did run out of luck against roma and got exposed. This is exactly what I said in that poll

Yes thats what i said. No guarantees indeed, but we are pretty close in winning double. Luck has nothing to do with Roma game, actually we have been one of the most unluckiest teams this season, think i heard somewhere that we have already hit post or crossbar over 30 times this season, far ahead of any other team among top 5 leagues.

Anyone with 2.5 brain cells can understand what I said there and nothing was contradictory there.
Yes anyone can understand the controversy there.

No you were quoted by another user how you said we haven't been humilated by big teams to which you said that it still holds too in an effort to defend EV but when I asked about the roma incident you said that doesn't count as roma isn't a big team. Tell me what did I get wrong.

Nothing, expect for assuming wrong from this. My point is that no one expected us to lose in Rome, even the biggest pessimists. We have been very organized and good in all big games this season. What happened was collapse of major proportions and it has nothing to do with tactics or way how we play, but not being there both mentally or physically. Valverde is surely responsible as head coach, but I am pretty sure his gameplan was to lose or play like we did and players were in their minds already in semifinals as well.

FC B

Not a chance lol Klopp will not leave Liverpool. Just because we are Barcelona doesn't mean every manager would want to be here.

Barca need to try to get him first, at all costs. There are very few available coaches that would fit the job but some that are under contract could be lured or at least must be tried.

Mitchell1978

Barca need to try to get him first, at all costs. There are very few available coaches that would fit the job but some that are under contract could be lured or at least must be tried.

nonsense, doesn't fit here and is under contract with Liverpool, some of you aren't very realistic or just look at what seems fashionable

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Lmao. Klopp would destroy our team within half a season. Klopps heavy metal football demands crazy intensity and pressing. Our team is old and cannot do it every game. I am a Klopp fan but currently he would not be a good fit for us.

I want Valverde out but I must admit there are very few good options out there. Heynkes and Allegri come to mind. We need a manager who is proven at the highest level not some newbie who's done well at a lesser club. Someone like Sarri gives me Valverde vibes.

Total-Football

I trust Valverde for another season at least.. Impulsive décisions seldom lead to anything but disasters.. Valverde will do even better next season. Sadly people have fish memory and forgot how the domestic double is kind of overachieving all things considered. I say Valverde on now that my Roma anger has gone.

Barcilliant

I trust Valverde for another season at least.. Impulsive décisions seldom lead to anything but disasters.. Valverde will do even better next season. Sadly people have fish memory and forgot how the domestic double is kind of overachieving all things considered. I say Valverde on now that my Roma anger has gone.

He was incredibly lucky with the league. We were outplayed by lesser sides but still managed to win. Take away Messi and Mats and we would be fighting for third or fourth spot.

Joan

He was incredibly lucky with the league. We were outplayed by lesser sides but still managed to win. Take away Messi and Mats and we would be fighting for third or fourth spot.

Take away Messi and Mats and we play with 9 players.

Which league winning side has never been outplayed by lesser sides?
Friend, we haven't lost a singe match in the league this season. Give credit where it's due.

I'm not sure about Valverde, tbf.

xXKonan

We haven't lost this season in the league but there's games we got incredibly lucky we didn't lose. Hell the Sevilla game at the Pizjuán we got dominated and I consider it he worst La Liga game we have had all season and thanks to Muriel shitting the bed in the box with his finishing they could have scored possibly 5 goals on us. But Messi came on and we managed to get a draw thanks to Suarez and Messi.

You seen how we played yesterday? sure Sevilla were god awful but that's the best performance we have had all season. that's what I want to see more from Valverde. this team works best when we aren't forced to be pragmatic.

We aren't built to sit back and soak up pressure without the ball like Atletico and Juve. The team just doesn't seem comfortable especially from the likes of Iniesta,Messi and Busi etc to sit back without the ball and defend.

The Cautious approach from Valverde did more harm than good in a number of instances this season, with the Roma away match being the best example of it. sure we still need upgrades in the Midfield but for a team like ours we are better off with a possession-attack minded system than focusing to much on static possession/defending.

Right now it's up to Valverde to evolve/change his way out approaching games if he wants to stay beyond next season.

vlad

La liga and cdr makes this season very good, CL? I wouldnt blame just coach, we already witnessed how players play in QF like they dont care, so valverde deserve 1 more season, with some good signings, we can hope that barca will look like a contender for that CL trophy

Neeraj

Giving Valverde one more season will be absolutely disastrous, not just for the short term results (which will most likely be us being garbage in CL and also our football continuing to be unwatchable), but also for the long term overhaul that this team needs. Fresh approach, new faces, giving youngsters a chance, making some bold transfer decisions. He isn't going to do any of this. Will continue playing gala XI into the ground next season, ruining the next and the seasons ahead thanks to his shortsightedness and lack of 'fucks to give' for the long term future of the club.

Raketa10

I don't like Valverde but to be fair there is no team in the world that would fire manager after he won 2 domestic trophies in his first season. He will stay for one more season and we can only hope that he has learned something from that Roma game.

Barcilliant

Giving Valverde one more season will be absolutely disastrous, not just for the short term results (which will most likely be us being garbage in CL and also our football continuing to be unwatchable), but also for the long term overhaul that this team needs. Fresh approach, new faces, giving youngsters a chance, making some bold transfer decisions. He isn't going to do any of this. Will continue playing gala XI into the ground next season, ruining the next and the seasons ahead thanks to his shortsightedness and lack of 'fucks to give' for the long term future of the club.

This is what I've been whinging about. This is a transition period and the younger players need to be played more and integrated into the team. Instead Valverde will keep looking at the short term. He has a small mentality. He would rather buy a 29 year old then develop a youngster.

NOT ONE youngster was developed this season. Semedo and Dembele were given haphazard minutes. There was no consistency or continuity for them. Mina was completely ignored. The domestic double is just a smoke screen. Most of the football was defensive and dire.

I wonder if Valverde will walk or stay.

Home of Barca Fans