Ernesto Valverde - V1

Altomonte

I will never forgive him for subbing Don Andrés for Gomes. With Iniesta playing the last 10 minutes we could have scored a goal!

xXKonan

No way that CL loss vs Roma was just a "Blip"

How he set the game up happened to us this season except it worked in some cases or we got lucky as the other team fluffed their chances but in that game we sat back from the get go and got punished for it big time and Valverde sat for 80 mins before finally making subs an attempt to fix it.

It wouldn't have been so bad if we had scored a goal or two in Rome and we could have taken it easy after that but going defensive from the get go like that fucked us big time.

serghei

No way that CL loss vs Roma was just a "Blip"

How he set the game up happened to us this season except it worked in some cases or we got lucky as the other team fluffed their chances but in that game we sat back from the get go and got punished for it big time and Valverde sat for 80 mins before finally making subs an attempt to fix it.

It wouldn't have been so bad if we had scored a goal or two in Rome and we could have taken it easy after that but going defensive from the get go like that fucked us big time.

It was a monumental fuck up, I think it's a negative record in the history of the competition for us, losing the tie after a 3 goal lead in the first game. But now it seems he'll stay and only thing we can do is hope it doesn't happen again. Because if he does this shit in CL again, he'd better pack his bags the next day.

Neymessi

Has not happened yet, so yes, its a good post.

We got outplayed by a shitty chelsea who isn't even top 4 in epl, got outplayed by sevilla that we drew 2-2, played shit against atletico only to be bailed out by messi's free kick for which you can't give credit to EV, played shit against valencia but luckily did not lose and most importantly we went out against roma who are pretty crap for a team in quarters.

Have some shame you are just embarrassing yourself.

George_Costanza

We played like a crap for the past 6 months and one good game against Sevilla and people here betting on this manager to do well next season? lol

Since 2010 and after 22 games, Sevilla managed to win only 1 time against Barcelona, that was in 2015.

LeeRomeno

We got outplayed by a shitty chelsea who isn't even top 4 in epl, got outplayed by sevilla that we drew 2-2, played shit against atletico only to be bailed out by messi's free kick for which you can't give credit to EV, played shit against valencia but luckily did not lose and most importantly we went out against roma who are pretty crap for a team in quarters.

Have some shame you are just embarrassing yourself.

First of all, we beat Chelsea clearly and were never outplayed. Secondly, Sevilla and Roma are not top teams, so what i said is true. Only thing that is embarrassing here is your inability to read or comprehend even simple things.

We played like a crap for the past 6 months and one good game against Sevilla and people here betting on this manager to do well next season? lol

Since 2010 and after 22 games, Sevilla managed to win only 1 time against Barcelona, that was in 2015.

We played crap in couple of games for entire season and are on the verge of double and there is also possibility to have undefeated season. Not expecting it would be sign of madness.

LeeRomeno

:lol: :lol:

You claimed we haven't been embarassed by big teams but roma eliminating us isn't bad at all because roma isn't a top team?

No? But you truly are the master of wrong assumptions. Makes it so difficult to be smart while arguing with you as you just don't get anything or understand unless it is spelled out.

M

MessiCam

Valverde, this is what happens when you play 433 False 9. Messi and Iniesta play closer together and all sorts of magic happens.

That Valverde thought it a good idea to play Iniesta wide in a 442 is the stuff of legend. I don’t care about undefeated league titles etc... I just want him out.

behindbrowneyes

It was a monumental fuck up, I think it's a negative record in the history of the competition for us, losing the tie after a 3 goal lead in the first game. But now it seems he'll stay and only thing we can do is hope it doesn't happen again. Because if he does this shit in CL again, he'd better pack his bags the next day.

It was a big fuck up, that's true. Sometimes it takes such losses to make you see that you have to change something though. Tbf the team literally didn't lose a game this year (not counting that Espanyol loss) so learning the lesson against Roma was the worst possible game for it. Take that "famous" Lucho loss after Christmas where he didn't play Leo because he returned later from Argentina. There was a disagreement between Leo/the team and Lucho back then, but they pulled themselves together and the rest is history.

Maybe it is the right decision to continue with Valverde. We paid a high price for that fuck up but if they learn from it it was probably worth something in the mid-term. I don't see the "perfect" successor for Valverde and in the end his first season was a success. The way of that loss vs Roma will always leave a bitter mark though.

TitoTata

Banned
Valverde, this is what happens when you play 433 False 9. Messi and Iniesta play closer together and all sorts of magic happens.

That Valverde thought it a good idea to play Iniesta wide in a 442 is the stuff of legend. I don’t care about undefeated league titles etc... I just want him out.

Sadly Valverde will prob stay but Iniesta will follow Xavi and Puyol out of the back door !

It's called progress, apparently:(

M

MessiCam

Sadly Valverde will prob stay but Iniesta will follow Xavi and Puyol out of the back door !

It's called progress, apparently:(

Valverde has to go too. The sooner the better... Keeping him around another year will just be a monumental waste.

Neymessi

Rofl, I have never ever claimed Valverde or in fact any player or manager is a fraud. That statement is just ridiculous. Roma game was a shock, was more sad than angry, but it just not my style to determine the quality of the team or manager based on 1 game lol. Your last statement is pretty correct, except for Peps Barca was just as boring as Valverdes, people just tend to forget the games we had 85% possession and 1 shot on target as Pep was very successful manager and we had not had such success ever as a team.

Perfect. So now we have pep's barca as boring as current one just to defend EV.

Yes you are, at least on this forum. I made a poll where people could say if winning is important or style. Over 80% said winning. That makes you a minority.

Your poll was to choose amongst 'play well and lose' and 'play bad and win' and not if EV should be sacked or not. No one is going to choose to play good and lose but there is no guarantee that we can play bad and win under EV. Its just luck that we are playing badly and winning and it won't keep happening in the long run and guess what, we did run out of luck against roma and got exposed. This is exactly what I said in that poll

This, this is exactly what people don't understand and I am going to repeat myself like a broken record.

I would take a play badly but win but who guarantees that we are going to win if we play like this. Chelsea could have easily won the tie if we weren't lucky, same with sevilla. This isn't some sort of trade off that EV is doing where we are sacrificing our gameplay for results. This is us playing like average but lucky enough to win.

Nice going contradicting yourself with 2 sentences. "wasnt different at all" followed by "was different". But knowing how much you lack in argumentation, its not really surprise.

Anyone with 2.5 brain cells can understand what I said there and nothing was contradictory there.

No? But you truly are the master of wrong assumptions. Makes it so difficult to be smart while arguing with you as you just don't get anything or understand unless it is spelled out.

No you were quoted by another user how you said we haven't been humilated by big teams to which you said that it still holds too in an effort to defend EV but when I asked about the roma incident you said that doesn't count as roma isn't a big team. Tell me what did I get wrong.

George_Costanza

It was a big fuck up, that's true. Sometimes it takes such losses to make you see that you have to change something though. Tbf the team literally didn't lose a game this year (not counting that Espanyol loss) so learning the lesson against Roma was the worst possible game for it. Take that "famous" Lucho loss after Christmas where he didn't play Leo because he returned later from Argentina. There was a disagreement between Leo/the team and Lucho back then, but they pulled themselves together and the rest is history.

Maybe it is the right decision to continue with Valverde. We paid a high price for that fuck up but if they learn from it it was probably worth something in the mid-term. I don't see the "perfect" successor for Valverde and in the end his first season was a success. The way of that loss vs Roma will always leave a bitter mark though.

Why some people here care only about results? Is this why some here followed and supported Barcelona? Is the game for you only about winning? Barcelona is one of the most successful teams in European history, a club that has been synonymous with open, attacking brand of football since 1969 introduced by coaches Vic Buckingham and Rinus Michels. Hiring a Mourinho 2.0 manager is an insult and ideological opposite to what Barcelona represented for decades.

Home of Barca Fans