Ernesto Valverde - V1

Birdy

If his brand of football couldn't handle Roma when we already had a 4-1 lead, there's no way it ever wins us a CL. Ever.

Logical fallacy. You are denying the antecedent of my hypothetical question.
What i want, is what you think happens to the consequent. It does not matter if you think it is not possible.
I want to see how much titles/football weights for some cules

LeeRomeno

The age of our current regulars next season:

Suarez: 32
Pique: 32
Messi: 31
Alba: 30
Rakitic: 31
Busquets: 30

Ter Stegen: 26
Coutinho (replacing Iniesta): 26
Roberto: 27
Umtiti: 25

That's 6 out of our regular 10 over 30 years of age. Valverde somehow managed to run this group into the ground without incurring any devastating injuries all while scraping results in the league, but he's sadly mistaken if he thinks he can replicate this next year. Madrid likely won't be as shit in the league and we'll have a proper title race as well.

Not to mention there is no guarantee Messi doesn't decline or Ter Stegen doesn't stay as hot, and oh, our luck will likely even out, it always happens in the long run.

Can't rely on own goals, shit finishing, last ditch tackles and amazing saves all the time.

Well tbh, it is not only us:
RM
Ronaldo (34)
Modric (33)
Ramos (33)
Navas (32)
Benzema (31)
Marcelo (30)
+
Bale (29)
Kroos (29)

I think both of teams are aging and both are following the same logic of using experienced players to take maximum out of Ronaldo/Messi era.

Barcilliant

If Valverde doesn't get replaced this summer we as a club are a total joke. The thought of another season like this makes me want to vomit. We were lucky to advance against Chelsea, just imagine if we get knocked out in the R16 next season...

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I prefer Lucho's back assward way of giving the ball to MSN and praying they win the game, than Valverde's approach of defending any lead we get as if we're lucky to have it and letting everyone who plays us be the unlucky ones not to get the win.

Exactly. Also Valverde is not going to change. We keep buying attacking players with flair and he either plays his shitty defensive football or benches these players in favor of his donkeys.

Barcilliant

Valverde is perfect for a club like Chelsea. They love their results and defensive football. Plus he's a yes man so Roman will love the fact that he won't open his mouth unlike Conte.

ini4ever

Tbh I don't get why people who want EV out are called spoiled fans, he's not kind of manager that is capable of winning cl. He just can't, i mean have ever kinds of Pep,Mou,Carlo blown up a 3 goal lead against teams like Roma? Heck i could even go BBZ style and come up with my theory lol, like
Having chance to win cl with below managers
Carlo 70%
Mou 60%
Zizo 75%
Pep 60%
EV 0%
It's like hiring a manager to get you only league and that's something shameful for a club like Barca. Yeah I'm such spoiled fan if i want my favorite team to have a shot at winning cl.

Ursegor

World Champion
Tbh I don't get why people who want EV out are called spoiled fans, he's not kind of manager that is capable of winning cl. He just can't, i mean have ever kinds of Pep,Mou,Carlo blown up a 3 goal lead against teams like Roma? Heck i could even go BBZ style and come up with my theory lol, like
Having chance to win cl with below managers
Carlo 70%
Mou 60%
Zizo 75%
Pep 60%
EV 0%
It's like hiring a manager to get you only league and that's something shameful for a club like Barca. Yeah I'm such spoiled fan if i want my favorite team to have a shot at winning cl.

Are you serious?

FCBfan22

[tw]985906531827834880[/tw]

Then rotate them, you moron. Stop playing the injured one and the out of form one constantly.

Neymessi

Its actually a blessing in disguise we lost to roma. Had we gone out to bayern or RM in semis everyone would have kept thinking he is a good coach. Now everyone knows he is a fraud.

behindbrowneyes

Its actually a blessing in disguise we lost to roma. Had we gone out to bayern or RM in semis everyone would have kept thinking he is a good coach. Now everyone knows he is a fraud.

I'm glad I don't have to experience the tie vs. Liverpool though. Would've been a disaster.

God Serena

Logical fallacy. You are denying the antecedent of my hypothetical question.
What i want, is what you think happens to the consequent. It does not matter if you think it is not possible.
I want to see how much titles/football weights for some cules

If we somehow win the treble with Valverde obviously he stays. I wouldn't be very happy with a coach who refuses to rotate, who refuses to integrate young players, and refuses to attack remaining as manager no matter how many trophies he wins, though.

Home of Barca Fans