Ernesto Valverde - V1

FinBarcelonafan

Valverde ran the team to the ground. Not surprised by this. Same problem as Enrique. Why can they never learn? We just don't have the bench to play every competition with the best roster. Way too much energy wasted on Copa.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Because they are a product of another times when Copa was big. Almost as La Liga.

We need to re-evaluate things next season.

clemente

So what lmao, thats not even the problem, Messi and Suarez always played the most minutes, and the way Messi is playing he better play every game there is.

henias

I think we've been ultra spoiled in the last decade or so if we view a double winning season as 'wasted'. The really bad times will mean 0 trophies, and they will come sooner or later. However, you can sack the manager even after a successul season in exceptional circumstances, and some of Valverde's fuckups this season have been in 3 areas that are very important for a manager to get right at Barca imo: playing positive football, rotating properly, and developing young players.

These 3 very big flaws of his don't make him the right manager to rebuilt this team. The way he's just snubbed Mina, you'd think they caught him with cocaine bags in training session.

Let's be honest, if Messi hasn't been on fire, do you really think EV could go unbeaten till now? Plus RM has had a bad start this season. I wonder how do we compete on all fronts next season?

Simple, people are just blinded by a few results and ignoring the fact that these people hiding behind the club is destroying our brand, our players. People dont care that Messi and Suarez are playing so much, Iniesta or Pique are limping through their matches, Busquets struggling with pain, young players getting ditched before you even know it, and then blame them for such a shit show when clearly they are all physically, mentally drained.

The issue here isn't about how many trophies, I believe with the right manager, trophies will come eventually, but with Valverde it seems it is just wrong in every way possible. This season's double is not reflective of what he built, but by the brilliance of some players, whom he constantly leeched and until they got burnt out.

It's been 3 straight seasons we have been giving the board to show some change.

Some people just assume we are going to win the league with this manager next season. You think Arthur or Mina or Semedo will be integrated? Think again. You think Messi would be in the same form/mood next year? Madrid fucking up their first few games to give us an easy run? By the late season, we will burn out again and just see what happens.

People think we want to lose for the sake of losing(the most absurd logic ever), but nothing will change if we dont enforce a change. Good because it'll be another year and the prime of our players wasted. If some of you can afford to wait, then by all means, keep waiting for that golden future with these clowns running the scenes.

jamrock

Wanting to lose liga isn't really good, but I don't her the prospective, Because if we win both it will give valverde & the board cover to keep him around 1 more year, which most fans, I should say some fans don't want.

Devils

We will win Liga, not even this group of divas could bottle it at this point.

CDR though, if Sevilla come out guns blazing like Roma did, we're going to be in trouble.

serghei

We will win Liga, not even this group of divas could bottle it at this point.

CDR though, if Sevilla come out guns blazing like Roma did, we're going to be in trouble.

Sevilla players will die on the field to win this Copa. I think they'll win tbh. Montella schooled the real Mourinho. He will do the same with the wannabe version.

George_Costanza

Wanting to lose liga isn't really good, but I don't her the prospective, Because if we win both it will give valverde & the board cover to keep him around 1 more year, which most fans, I should say some fans don't want.

Even if the board fires him, do you think they will bring someone suitable for Barcelona given their history (Tata, Lucho, and EV)? I don't think this board knows football. They are mostly businessmen and can manage the club financially but probably have doule digit footballing IQ. This thing with Barcelona DNA suppose we hire a manager to play football suitable to Barcelona's footballing philosophy, but all the coaches they signed drifted away from that philosophy. So Barcelona DNA must mean something else to this board.

jamrock

Even if the board fires him, do you think they will bring someone suitable for Barcelona given their history (Tata, Lucho, and EV)? I don't think this board knows football. They are mostly businessmen and can manage the club financially but probably have doule digit footballing IQ. This thing with Barcelona DNA suppose we hire a manager to play football suitable to Barcelona's footballing philosophy, but all the coaches they signed drifted away from that philosophy. So Barcelona DNA must mean something else to this board.

You make a good point

FCBfan22

I think Barca DNA means a former player who played for Barca to this board. What it should mean is a coach who likes to play passing attacking football.

Valverde is a bus parker and a coward.

Home of Barca Fans