Ernesto Valverde - V1

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
The board wanted Tata to stay after trophyless season, so even if we lose Copa, I doubt they'll sack him. Also it looks like it's a bad translation, what I understood from MD is that players are angry at themselves and want to win every single match from now on as well as pichichi.

Last edited:
Can't believe some of you want us to loose, pathetic really.

I'm no fan of Valverde, he's to conservative to my liking, but wanting the team to loose the cup final or whatever doesn't help the club or the players at all.

I never like seeing this club lose, but if it's what it takes to get rid of this manager it's all fine by me.

It's really a matter what your priorities are.

If you prioritize short term domestic results and records (by short term I mean only this season) then you'd hope we win out and finish the season with the domestic double and have Valverde stay for next season.

If you prioritize long term improvement and player development then you'd hope whatever needs to happen to get rid of Valverde this season transpires.

I know which camp I fall under. I would gladly sacrifice the Copa to get rid of this cowardly manager at the end of the season, because to me if Valverde is still coaching this team at the start of next season we might as well not enter the 2019 CL and shutdown La Masia for a few years.

henias

I'm no fan of Valverde, he's to conservative to my liking, but wanting the team to loose the cup final or whatever doesn't help the club or the players at all.

How does it not help? The board only cares about result and a manager who doesnt gives a shit and heading to a completely wrong direction. And people are complaining about players getting knocked out for 3 straight years. If we want to make a change, we have to start from scratch, if sacrificing a year being trophyless could bring a change in the future why not? RM went trophyless in a year, brought in Zidane and the rest is history.

Too many yes man and yes fans following the club blindly and paying loads to the club.

Keep dreaming about trophies next season, then come back here to complain when we get knocked out again and then wonder why. It isn't rocket science to why people are going to the extreme to demand a change.

M

MessiCam

It actually does if it means Valverde leaves. Or would you prefer to waste another year?

El Guaje

It sure is pathetic to want the team to loose but in this case im all for it because it sure as shit would be better for the club and the players if Fraudverde gets thrown out. If Valverde gets to stay then prepare for another season of pathetic conservative football, running Messi, Suarez, Busquets and other core players into the ground, youth players not getting the chance to step up, Dembele rotting on the bench watching scrubs like Pau-fucking-linho play because "hurr durr muh defensive stabiliy". And not to mention stalling his integration into the team and his development along with Mina and hell most probably even Arthur when he arrives.

Valverde has nothing to do here and he should get thrown out asap.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Again MD and Sport front covers are more concerned about what happened at the end of Juve vs Real than the Debacle that happened with us. :lol:

Seems like they are trying to sweep shit under the rug.

They are writing what public wants to read. Same as many here who, sadly, aren't interested in today's match.

serghei

I think we've been ultra spoiled in the last decade or so if we view a double winning season as 'wasted'. The really bad times will mean 0 trophies, and they will come sooner or later. However, you can sack the manager even after a successul season in exceptional circumstances, and some of Valverde's fuckups this season have been in 3 areas that are very important for a manager to get right at Barca imo: playing positive football, rotating properly, and developing young players.

These 3 very big flaws of his don't make him the right manager to rebuilt this team. The way he's just snubbed Mina, you'd think they caught him with cocaine bags in training session.

M

MessiCam

After watching yesterday’s training videos it’s looking increasingly like Messi and Pique are downing tools. They’re not on the same wavelength as the others and are just meandering about.

Barcilliant

How does it not help? The board only cares about result and a manager who doesnt gives a shit and heading to a completely wrong direction. And people are complaining about players getting knocked out for 3 straight years. If we want to make a change, we have to start from scratch, if sacrificing a year being trophyless could bring a change in the future why not? RM went trophyless in a year, brought in Zidane and the rest is history.

Too many yes man and yes fans following the club blindly and paying loads to the club.

Keep dreaming about trophies next season, then come back here to complain when we get knocked out again and then wonder why. It isn't rocket science to why people are going to the extreme to demand a change.

Good post

Barcilliant

I never like seeing this club lose, but if it's what it takes to get rid of this manager it's all fine by me.

It's really a matter what your priorities are.

If you prioritize short term domestic results and records (by short term I mean only this season) then you'd hope we win out and finish the season with the domestic double and have Valverde stay for next season.

If you prioritize long term improvement and player development then you'd hope whatever needs to happen to get rid of Valverde this season transpires.

I know which camp I fall under. I would gladly sacrifice the Copa to get rid of this cowardly manager at the end of the season, because to me if Valverde is still coaching this team at the start of next season we might as well not enter the 2019 CL and shutdown La Masia for a few years.

Good post.

I don't mind if we don't win a trophy this season. If we fuck up the league and Copa so be it. At least we'll get rid of Valverde. Also our treble were won after trophy less seasons.

What's sad about this squad are the lack of leaders. Puyol, Valdes, Xavi are good examples of guys who used to keep the rest of the squad on their toes.

Relying on a manager like Valverde to motivate the squad is hilarious. Put a naked Blake Lively in front of Valverde and he would rather have milk and cookies or watch TV. We need someone who will push the players out of their comfort zone.

Last edited:

serghei

Wanting to lose the Liga and the Copa is one of the most absurd approaches I've ever seen proposed as a solution.

Home of Barca Fans