Ernesto Valverde - V1

JamDav1982

Palyers and EV were too arrogant.

All will hear is that 'still have two trophies to fight for' 'Roma played well' Not easy in CL'.

Pique has the air of arrogance, so too does Alba, Suarez and Messi.

Too many fuckers think they have the run of the club it seems at times.

Have no idea who we can hire....

Mou? :D

Pochettino but will never come.

Devils

It's not even that Sevilla performance that was the first sign that we are flucking points like no one's business. Sevilla has some top players and when in the mood can play to a very high level. Shouldn't happen against Barcelona but still. There have been numerous other ocasions throughout the season when we were dominated for large parts of the game by teams like Alaves, Eibar, Las Palmas and only the lack of quality upfront by them meant we walked away with a win or draw. All due respect to those team, shit like that shouldn't happen.
Valverde has finally been exposed by a team that had some balls and finishing boots on. We were absolutely walked over like we used to do to teams like Getafe once. Disgraceful times!

Well yes. But Sevilla away we weren't just outplayed, we were dominated for over 80 minutes.

That was the breaking point. It should have been a huge alarm bell for anyone.

Anyways, I think everyone should agree he is done now. Whether you were earlier in the season or now. It's rather unanimous.

George_Costanza

Guys, it's called a mental block.

I have a little story for you. My home team, Steaua Bucharest was in 2006 3-0 up aggregate away to Middlesbrough in UEFA semifinals, 2-0 lead in England with 1-0 win at home. In 60 mins they parked the bus and in the end Maccarone scored for 4-2 and Middlesbrough went through 4-3 aggregate (smashed vs Sevilla in the final of UEFA CUP if you remember).

Years later Olaroiu, the manager of Steaua, said that night he just completely had a mental block. He said on tv he didn't even remembered large portion of the match. Couldn't keep a clear head.

Now, Barca is not Steaua, but Valverde, he didn't play CL before. He didn't know the dangers that lie in this competition. He thought he's playing his usual La Liga, a game between 37 others, played under the same terms. He just got exposed and found out. This is one of the dangers of naming unproven managers. They might do well in areas where they feel comfortable, like La Liga, Copa del Rey. But in games like these, they're out of their league.

Let's just stay away from managers that like italian football. It's not Barca.

EV played in Europa league and fucked it up the same way many times. He is just a coward that took away Barca's DNA and personality from the team. It's been done for years and EV is part of this ongoing destruction process.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
Unbelievable. What's sad is that we didn't even have the football to stop Roma running ragged. We couldn't even play an acceptable level of football which is the least you can expect from Barca. So many different options could have been taken to prevent the obvious, but nothing was adjusted, no changes made, we did nothing to prevent what was coming to us ALL GAME LONG. No leadership, drive, will.

Like a petrified, stubborn block of shit. It's simply unacceptable.

Obiaseti

If it's between EV another season and Xavi i'll take Xavi in a heartbeat. Don't even care if we end up trophyless. At least he'll try to make us play football.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Valverde is just another Unai Emery.

Good for Athletic and Olympiacos, but not good enough for a team chasing a CL title.

gasgas

I have been his fan till now.
Also, I am a fan of workhorses, but a few remarks:

1. 442 with Iniesta-Rakitic-Busi and a winger (Dembele/Vidal/Roberto) is not as strong as Iniesta-Rakitic-Busi-Paulinho/Gomes.
This wasn't a defensive team at all.
EV was trying to block their wings with Roberto-Semedo and our midfield (which was a big defensive strength till now) was a giant hole.
2. Semedo hasn't played for Months and then he plays 3 matches in 8 days, lol.
3. Roberto is playing every single match for Months and then he plays all matches again.
4. EV doesn't know how to rotate players since he is a rookie coach for a team who plays in 3 competitions. We paid a price tonight for having a rookie coach.
5. he didn't rotate players, but even worse, I HATE CDR, and when you combine tons of matches after a New year with zero rotations and a lot of old players, the same thing happened: a lot of our players are dead toted, as always in April. Seen 100s of times in previous seasons.
6. EV is obviously a rookie coach in terms of a mental preparation and in terms of mental strength.
7. Also, I will not forgive him chasing records, that was another rookie thing. I don't care for fckng records in La liga. We could have won CL this season.
8. Semedo was totally out of sync with a rest of a defense. Why playing him now?
9. It was comical too see how poor we were in defending set pieces and crosses. Another burden of having short, technical players.
On the other hand, we couldn't create a single good cross or a corner.

In the end, after everything what happened, this season is a failure in my eyes.

I am done with him now, sadly.
Too many rookie mistakes in the same moment.

I don't like rookie young players, well so, I will hate rookie coaches from now on for Barca's level.
EV has done a lot of good things, but a lack of experience and some rookie ideas (chasing records, a lack of rotations, poor mental strength of a team) killed him in the end.

So you were wrong

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Xavi has the love of Barca and will command respect from the players. He will have growing pains as a coach however...

Home of Barca Fans