Ernesto Valverde - V1

Cule4life

The Culest
i will support them thick and thin against all the unnecessary criticism

Every criticism is unnecessary for u it seems. Tell me what criticism is necessary against him then?

Tired of this "but...but we dont have a MF of Xavi and Iniesta anymore". We are never getting a MF of prime Xavi and Iniesta again. Does that mean we should always play like workhorses from now on even against leganes at home with our 160m signing?

RMU ReBorn

Every criticism is unnecessary for u it seems. Tell me what criticism is necessary against him then?

Tired of this "but...but we dont have a MF of Xavi and Iniesta anymore". We are never getting a MF of prime Xavi and Iniesta again. Does that mean we should always play like workhorses from now on even against leganes at home with our 160m signing?
Nop every critcism is not unnecessary but the current one is definitely yes when things are going well and he has done only good things for the club :)

we have played attacking football with the resources available . Messi is the only player who can find goals from nowhere . Suarez is no spring chicken these days . Coutinho and Dembele are slowly getting in to the grove . Given the circumstances Ev has exceded the expectations with the resources available . 31 match unbeaten , copa final , cl Sf . I will take that with two hands given the state of club back in August 2017 . You will get tired hearing this but i have to repeat it , without a world class Midfield no manager can produce the brand of football you are advocating . Ev isn't even parking the bus .

Cule4life

The Culest
Nop every critcism is not unnecessary but the current one is definitely yes when things are going well and he has done only good things for the club :)

As expected you couldn't come up with a single necessary criticism and think he's perfect. An apologist through and through.

Whatever state our MF is in its certainly better than freaking Leganes. We are not playing with the likes of Charlie Adam in MF.

Again touting "but...but.... results". Broken record much? Di Matteo also won CL with Chelsea. Where is he now?

If you think Valverde is perfect then consider this the end of our conversation and don't bother replying to me.

RMU ReBorn

As expected you couldn't come up with a single necessary criticism and think he's perfect. An apologist through and through.

Whatever state our MF is in its certainly better than freaking Leganes. We are not playing with the likes of Charlie Adam in MF.

Again touting "but...but.... results". Broken record much? Di Matteo also won CL with Chelsea. Where is he now?

If you think Valverde is perfect then consider this the end of our conversation and don't bother replying to me.
Di mateo won cl with Chelsea by parking the bus not by beating teams with 3-0 , 3-0 , 3-0 scoreline .what kinda stupid comparison is that . Chelsea was sixth in premier league that season here we are on the cusp of winning a domestic double and a possible treble and has beaten teams like Rm , chelsea , Juve by playing attacking football you are comparting that with stupid Di matteo's CL run . :facepalm: .

call me apologist or whatever shit ,i don't care . We played attacking football against Leganes and saved enough energy for the tougher fixtures . Don't care what Pepistas and idealists think about my preferences . I want my club to dominate and win all competitions not just keep the possession and win nothing against bus parking teams like we got knocked out in 2012

JamDav1982

Di Mateo won the CL by getting out played massively in every round and stumbling to the win.

Not even remotely similar and lazy comparison to try and troll.

Barcas mid was far better than Leganes last night.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

we have played attacking football with the resources available . Messi is the only player who can find goals from nowhere . Suarez is no spring chicken these days . Coutinho and Dembele are slowly getting in to the grove . Given the circumstances Ev has exceded the expectations with the resources available . 31 match unbeaten , copa final , cl Sf . I will take that with two hands given the state of club back in August 2017 . You will get tired hearing this but i have to repeat it , without a world class Midfield no manager can produce the brand of football you are advocating . Ev isn't even parking the bus .
Everybody will take the results but some, me included, won’t take the brand of football. It’s just drab.

There is nothing wrong with the midfield. Why do you keep repeating this?

Iniesta, Busquets, Coutinho* and Roberto are all class midfielders. Have you seen how Busquets and Iniesta play under Lopetegui? They look like different players playing under that system... It’s the same with Isco in Madrid. This is just the brand of football that Valverde is known for. Even Roma’s coach said so save for the quality of players.

* I include Coutinho here because that’s where some want him to play. I think it’s a bad idea.

JamDav1982

Comparing players for Spain is pointless as poorer opposition and a lot of friendlies.

Iniesta has looked exactly how he does for Barca and has done for Barca the past few years any time Spain meet a top side at a tournament.

Why include Coutinho if you don think he is a class CM and Roberto has never done anything at CM to earn that tag.

Barcas mid is decent. Not as good as other top mids in CL just now. It is older and slower and just not as good but Barca have not being giving up midfield.

Barca are up there with the best in europe for both possession and chances created. So this 'brand' of football argument is overplayed it is just EV will adapt the way Barca play.

Last edited:

RMU ReBorn

Everybody will take the results but some, me included, won’t take the brand of football. It’s just drab.

There is nothing wrong with the midfield. Why do you keep repeating this?

Iniesta, Busquets, Coutinho* and Roberto are all class midfielders. Have you seen how Busquets and Iniesta play under Lopetegui? They look like different players playing under that system... It’s the same with Isco in Madrid. This is just the brand of football that Valverde is known for. Even Roma’s coach said so save for the quality of players.

* I include Coutinho here because that’s where some want him to play. I think it’s a bad idea.
Iniesta is 34 . I like the way you compare pointless friendlys with high intensity matches in cl and League . Watch spain getting drowned like last Euro's this summer . I will talk about the result after that . Coutinho is slowly getting integrated in to the set up . Our midfield is good ,never doubted them . All i said is ,it's not that world class like it was when xavi was playing and can't produce the same brand of football :)

If you dislike the brand of football and prefers to lose titles and giving up the decade to Rm fine great choice . i won't refute .

M

MessiCam

Comparing players for Spain is pointless as poorer opposition and a lot of friendlies.

Iniesta has looked exactly how he does for Barca and has done for Barca the past few years any time Spain meet a top side at a tournament.
You’re talking out your ass... Did you see how they tore Italy a new one in the qualifiers? How Iniesta completely dominated Germany in the recent friendly?

When was the last big tournament? The 2016 Euros where Iniesta was Spain’s best player...

You don’t stick this legend in wide role (Like Valverde has done) and expect him to conjure up magic at his age.

JamDav1982

You’re talking out your ass... Did you see how they tore Italy a new one in the qualifiers? How Iniesta completely dominated Germany in the recent friendly?

When was the last big tournament? The 2016 Euros where Iniesta was Spain’s best player...

You don’t stick this legend in wide role (Like Valverde has done) and expect him to conjure up magic at his age.

Nah you are talking out your ass... Italy who didnt qualify and yes a friendly vs Germany in which he played half a game and far slower intensity than likes of Sevilla game a few days later.

Iniesta has looked exactly the same for Spain against top opposition in tournaments as does for Barca.

Yip the Euros and the WC before it. Go and look how he played against the better sides. Iniesta is well past his best and legs are not what they were.

Other massive difference for Spain v Barca is that Spain can build a team to allow a bit less running for Iniesta.... Barca have Messi and wont give that up for two players.

You are speaking shite as usual.

No one is expecting Iniesta to conjure magic and what do you mean by 'at his age'?

M

MessiCam

Iniesta is 34 . I like the way you compare pointless friendlys with high intensity matches in cl and League . Watch spain getting drowned like last Euro's this summer . I will talk about the result after that . Coutinho is slowly getting integrated in to the set up . Our midfield is good ,never doubted them . All i said is ,it's not that world class like it was when xavi was playing and can't produce the same brand of football :)

If you dislike the brand of football and prefers to lose titles and giving up the decade to Rm fine great choice . i won't refute .

Valverde defenders keep bringing up this Xavi nonsense. He’s gone and Iniesta will be soon as well. And we’re never going to play that brand of football again. We’ve made peace with it but it doesnt mean that we should play this tripe.

Also, Iniesta has been fantastic in the Champions League this year but it’s still a far cry from his Spain performances in the qualifiers.

Italy :lol: . They couldn't even get a spot among 32 teams in Russia . what a comparison

So? Argentina nearly didn’t make it and neither did the Netherlands. What’s your point?

Home of Barca Fans