Ernesto Valverde - V1

RIZALDINHO

i don't know why are we taking Douglas to the tour when he is never going to play for us we should have taken Sergi Palencia to the tour

dinoucs

Douglas is a first team player. Palencia is a second team player. In a first team tour, you take the first team players, plus you add some of the second team players to complete the list.

You don't leave first team players out of their tour without any reason like negotiating a departure or something like that.

God Serena

Douglas is a first team player. Palencia is a second team player. In a first team tour, you take the first team players, plus you add some of the second team players to complete the list.

You don't leave first team players out of their tour without any reason like negotiating a departure or something like that.

The reason to leave Douglas out of the tour is because Palencia is a better player.

Lucho brought more B team players to pre-season with him than Valverde. This is a great start for the youth oriented coach, truly, it is.

serghei

The reason to leave Douglas out of the tour is because Palencia is a better player.

Lucho brought more B team players to pre-season with him than Valverde. This is a great start for the youth oriented coach, truly, it is.

It's not about how many you take in the tour. You can take 7 youngsters and send them all to the B team when you get back in Barcelona and never trust them again. Maybe Valverde will take Marlon and Alena because he really wants to insist on them and trust them the whole season. And that's great. If we get Alena and Marlon in the team, it's awesome. Things got a lot harder for Palencia, since we have signed Semedo who is clearly better than him, and we also have Aleix Vidal who is also better.

Barca B is in the Segunda now. A pretty strong league. Barca B players will automatically play at a highe level next season, while staying at Barca B. Many good players play in that league. As for the first team, Marlon will get game time for sure, since he is the 3rd-4th option depending on Mascherano's level next season. Alena will get game time as well I think.

It's extremely important to use these players not in experimental line-ups, like Lucho often tried, but in the standard team. That mean you can't promote a lot of players at once, and give time to all. You still have to put in a very efficient team to win the points in stake.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Douglas is a first team player, he doesn't leave the tour unless injured or on his way for medical with another club. No other reason for that. Zero. Him being their or not isn't related to Palancia.
As for Palancia himself, it could be either one of the reason stated about being B team captain or preparing for a tough campaign for B team in much stronger league than they used to play, or simply Valverde doesn't think he is good enough,which is again totally fine anyway.

Cool

Sorry for the double post.

Those who caught the entire match, any different from how the team plays with Valvarde and are there any signs of improvement?

xXKonan

Sorry for the double post.

Those who caught the entire match, any different from how the team plays with Valvarde and are there any signs of improvement?
Especially in the first half I thought we looked much better structured and our pressing has improved a lot.

I like what I seen.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I was hoping he tests some tactical variety but haven't seen much.
Still, if he can make us hungry again nothing else matters.

xXKonan

There were concerns though from Catalan Journalists on if he would use the 4-3-3 properly considering his main formation he used through out the years as the 4-2-3-1. But it seems he did well with it today.

Home of Barca Fans