Ernesto Valverde - V1

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He played both Dembele and Iniesta but despite the result it doesn't look good.

Great result though and probably one of the easiest big win we had in CL knockouts against opposition of this level.

serghei

I didn't like his tactics at all. AT ALL. Played like an italian team. Like a Juve without the air tight defending but with Messi. If we play like that against Europe's best teams we're out.

Let that sink in. Chelsea, 5th place in EPL, had about the same possession as us, and created twice as many chances. If they had Messi they'd have trashed us.

When you defend with many players behind the ball and the opponent has loads of chances, it means you're doing something wrong.

Last edited:

Faceless

No more faces at night
Our midfield looked pretty stiff back there. Conte nearly exposed it. It's really ironic we're playing old chelsea tactics against them. I'm really confused whether I should be happy or worried.

Windhook

Valverde is pragmatic, I've said it before. You like it or not, there is definite change in players mentality and defensive awareness. I noticed Valverde instructed Sergi Roberto not to go deep inside Chelsea inside area as he was leaving open space for Hazard and Willian.

LeeRomeno

appears to be second name for so many barca fans nowadays. Cannot enjoy 3-0 beating of archrival in CL knockouts, but instead comes to forum to whine and worry about how top teams will beat us. Same story ive heard entire season, hasnt happened yet lol.

Home of Barca Fans