Ernesto Valverde - V1

Yes, let's sacrifice the CL for MUH LEEG REKORDS and MUH COPA DEL REY.

That's basically what you're doing when you play 33 year old Iniesta in every game until he gets injured while cup-tied Coutinho sits on the bench.

Iniesta would play UCL too though.

Realistically we beast one of the strongest teams in Europe right now Real Madrid 3-0 no reason we can't do the same to others European teams and win the treble.

I personally rather win the league then come 1 point short or lose at match day 38 than get to the semi finals in CL and "put on a good fight"
we are not playing bad football either or atleast by general standards.

Yeah my consensus exactly.

Iniesta is one of a kind literally the guy that makes us tick we struggle without him.

He's irreplaceable I'm not suprised at all that Ernesto wants to use him as much as possible.

Can't play in the CL when he's injured because EV had to play him against the mighty Las Palmas while Coutinho sat on the bench.

Iniesta is injury prone, has been for a while he gets injured. We don't know the extent of his injury so we can't jump to conclusions. What we do know is hat hamstring injuries aren't fatigue related...

Nothanks

I would start a 37 year old messi over 20 y/o dembele
just like how i would play iniesta over X Y and Z

and call las palmas sarcastic names but they took points from us, so it only proves valverde was right to play our stars against them, unless you really believe resigning points for the sake of resting is the way to go.. i don't know any team that's ever really done that and that's insulting to the league and our team.

also trophies = $ = longevity to any running business / reputation

las palmas plays attractive football but it aint worth shit if they don't win anything.

I would start a 37 year old messi over 20 y/o dembele
just like how i would play iniesta over X Y and Z

and call las palmas sarcastic names but they took points from us, so it only proves valverde was right to play our stars against them, unless you really believe resigning points for the sake of resting is the way to go.. i don't know any team that's ever really done that and that's insulting to the league and our team.

also trophies = $ = longevity to any running business / reputation

las palmas plays attractive football but it aint worth shit if they don't win anything.

That might be a valid argument if we didn't just buy a 160m player who plays in Iniesta's position.

Coutinho instead of Iniesta against Las Palmas and we'd probably still have gotten the point, plus Iniesta would have been rested for the games where we actually need him and don't have anyone else.

Nothanks

right, so we have a manger who plays conservative, and decided to put a veteran and la masia product (aka someone who knows our club inside and out his whole life) , GOAT contender for his position over a guy we just brought on 60? days ago
oh and also worth noting, iniesta had 9 days rest for this game when coutinho played the game 4ish days before las palmas

and you guys sit here saying "ran to the ground" etc. but want coutinho to start every game, and dembele who seems to get injured for playing more than 40 minutes a game to start right away after getting green light
there are even people pleading to stop playing Messi twice a week and reserve him for the weekend games only which is laughable at best and then another claiming we don't play attractive football

like so many conflicting "problems" that specific fans in this forum are pleading...
reminds me of when dembele came back many wanted him to start against real madrid, called valverde a fraud then get upset he gets injured because the manager didn't take good care of him... now the manger is super conservative and people want him to start all matches again.

although i guess one thing we can agree is that gomes needs to go and he is not for this club.. unless your bbz

Last edited:
That might be a valid argument if we didn't just buy a 160m player who plays in Iniesta's position.

Coutinho instead of Iniesta against Las Palmas and we'd probably still have gotten the point, plus Iniesta would have been rested for the games where we actually need him and don't have anyone else.

It's not about the money, he needs to be eased in to the first team until he's at a level ready for Barcelona. Iniesta knows how to link up with players better due to playing with them for so long.

It's not about the money, he needs to be eased in to the first team until he's at a level ready for Barcelona. Iniesta knows how to link up with players better due to playing with them for so long.

Coutinho's not some B team player, he's a world class midfielder. It won't be the end of the world if he starts against fucking Las Palmas. He doesn't need a whole season to be "ready."

coutinho 4 days rest
iniesta 9 days rest

the decision is simple

But but insists is 80 years old and hasn't been given a moments rest since pre season started!!!

Conveniently ignoring how much Lucho overused him until 2016 wearing him out. 9 days rest to play 70 minutes come on Iniesta is more than capable, injuries happen that's football was Dembele overused when he got injured twice? Hopefully Iniesta will be fit for the Chelsea match but blaming the coach is ridiculous.

Coutinho's not some B team player, he's a world class midfielder. It won't be the end of the world if he starts against fucking Las Palmas. He doesn't need a whole season to be "ready."

Well Palmas took points from us so don't underestimate them.

Look at Real Madrid losing to all the Catalan clubs! Don't underestimate the league! And we can break records here and finish the season undefeated no doubt that is playing ok the coach's mind even if he won't talk about it.

Nothanks

Iniesta 33 and will play 2 games in a row afterwards...

right.. so assuming he never got injured if he played against malaga 7 days from now he probably like most his games would of been subbed at 60th minute. IF HE STARTED which again you are assuming.
i don't see the big fixation on this really, i understand there is frustration in losing points and a player getting injured but the logic you are throwing isn't there in my opinion.

are you suggesting coutinho should of played against Las Palmas / Atletico in iniesta's place, AND Malaga all so iniesta could have 19 days rest to play against chelsea?

Last edited:

Givenchy

Well Palmas took points from us so don't underestimate them.

Look at Real Madrid losing to all the Catalan clubs! Don't underestimate the league! And we can break records here and finish the season undefeated no doubt that is playing ok the coach's mind even if he won't talk about it.

Palmas are in the relegation scrap, we shouldn't need all the big guns to beat them let alone draw but I guess this highlights how shit some of our squad players are.

Home of Barca Fans