Ernesto Valverde - V1

El Gato

Villarato!
Which Barca under Lucho? There were many versions. The first version of that team was much better than this one. Even the 2nd version was more impressive a lot of times.

Yea, this team is an improvement over the deteriorated version of Lucho's Barcelona, which is the tactically naive one that got spanked 7-0 in two back to back away games.

Well duh, lol. You had arguably the best (at least most decorated, I think) La Liga RB and CM ever who knew what the people around them should be doing. People understate what having Alves did to concealing the flaws of Pique-Mascherano pairing that year.

Last 2 seasons you were basically what Liverpool are or are aspiring to be right now. Look at you now. Valverde gave you a temporary fix for RB problem, a temporary fix for the lack of midfield leader in Iniesta who always thrived as a #2 but can assume responsibility and a temporary fix to Neymar problem. Take Valverde away and you'd be no better than you were in the past 2 years and probably nowhere near holding that 8 point lead. He's carrying you through the period of La Masia talent production drought. You'd be in deeper shit than you think if it wasn't for him.

Neymessi

Trying to find reasons to lessen winning the league.

Not surprised at all.

This response was 100% predictable. I knew you would take that "Oh so you think its not important now you spoiled brat" approach. And that is why I specifically put in phrases like "Sure we have gone undefeated" and "A league is always a big title".

Stop trying to take this as a debate you want to win. This is actually a really shitty RM side in the league and actually one of the worst atletico's of recent memory. I will be very happy to win it be it easy or hard but when at the end of the season you are reviewing the performance of the coach would you be able to defend EV by giving the league win as a reason under these circumstances if he performs horribly in the CL? I won't and you shouldn't too.

Joan

If Chelsea knocks us out, you’ll still be defending him.

If we somehow go through and we get battered yet again in the next round, you’ll still be defending him with BUT MUH UNDUHFEATED MUH COPA DEL RAY

Valverde can push Dembbele out and you’ll still be defending him.

So, he's a fraud no matter how far he goes in the CL?

serghei

Well duh, lol. You had arguably the best (at least most decorated, I think) La Liga RB and CM ever who knew what the people around them should be doing. People understate what having Alves did to concealing the flaws of Pique-Mascherano pairing that year.

Last 2 seasons you were basically what Liverpool are or are aspiring to be right now. Look at you now. Valverde gave you a temporary fix for RB problem, a temporary fix for the lack of midfield leader in Iniesta who always thrived as a #2 but can assume responsibility and a temporary fix to Neymar problem. Take Valverde away and you'd be no better than you were in the past 2 years and probably nowhere near holding that 8 point lead. He's carrying you through the period of La Masia talent production drought. You'd be in deeper shit than you think if it wasn't for him.

What do you mean last 2 seasons? In 2015-16 we won the double.

The RB temporary fix was Lucho's doing. Valverde is just continuing with what Enrique discovered. You're giving him credit for things he didn't even do. We've also made some 400m. worh of transfers. Sure, it's only Valverde... Come on, you make it sound like he's in charge of Sevilla. We're first in the league after Madrid collapsed this season, and we'd probably still be first with some other manager because we have the best team after Madrid. Doesn't mean he isn't doing a good job. Just that he's not exactly 'the saviour of poor Barca'. Far from it.

'You'd be in deeper shit than you think'. Like what? In our worst seasons in recent years we've came 1 game short of winning the league at worst. What deeper shit we'd be in considering Madrid's been horrific so far in La Liga?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

This response was 100% predictable. I knew you would take that "Oh so you think its not important now you spoiled brat" approach. And that is why I specifically put in phrases like "Sure we have gone undefeated" and "A league is always a big title".

Stop trying to take this as a debate you want to win. This is actually a really shitty RM side in the league and actually one of the worst atletico's of recent memory. I will be very happy to win it be it easy or hard but when at the end of the season you are reviewing the performance of the coach would you be able to defend EV by giving the league win as a reason under these circumstances if he performs horribly in the CL? I won't and you shouldn't too.

Your response was 100% predictable also.

No. Strawman at its finest.

Hardly strawman if some people claim the whole seasons is an utter failure if get knocked out of CL.

pepi

You mean just take him away and play without a coach like when Tito was sick or replace him with someone else? What if its Mourinho? Hey btw you Madrid fans wanted him out although he broke several records, why is that?

Neymessi

Your response was 100% predictable also.

But this response of yours wasn't predictable at all. I thought you would come out and give good reasons but you went for a punchline which is unlike you.

Now I have a prediction in my mind what you will respond to next this see if I get that right.

Hardly strawman if some people claim the whole seasons is an utter failure if get knocked out of CL.

I never claimed that. This is another strawman.

So, he's a fraud no matter how far he goes in the CL?

Depends.

Let’s say we barely get past Chelsea, get Shakhtar in the next round, get past them and get battered by City/Bayern/whoever in the semis like in 2013. Then yeah, he’s a fraud.

If we get to the semis and lose to let’s say City or Bayern, but put up a respectable performance, then no, he’s not a fraud.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans