Ernesto Valverde - V1

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pique, Alba and Semedo couldn't play.
Iniesta had to play.
Since Iniesta had to play, our only options were 433 wih Raki-Iniesta or some 442.
Iniesta in a team means that we can't play 433 with Coutinho.

Even if EV wanted to play an attacking team, that would mean Paulinho and Vidal out and Dembele and Raki in.

We would play 433 with three turtles in an away game.

So we ended up playing with three turtles and one dud instead with Iniesta, Paulinho, Busquets and Vidal.

JamDav1982

Then I don't see the point of joining a forum if you don't care about having a discussion with other users and backing up your arguments with evidence.

Repeating the same sentence over and over again doesn't change the fact that you didn't show me stats to support your argument.

Ok. You feel free to provide any evidence you want.

I get it you didnt get shown stats.

Goal stats if you cant find then fair enough.

Stoichkov1

Ok. You feel free to provide any evidence you want.

I get it you didnt get shown stats.

Goal stats if you cant find then fair enough.

I already provided evidence to support my argument while you simply claimed that we create "better chances" than most teams apart from Real and City without showing any stat.

I already know we scored more goals than Arsenal but that's not the point of the discussion.

JamDav1982

I already provided evidence to support my argument while you simply claimed that we create "better chances" than most teams apart from Real and City without showing any stat.

I already know we scored more goals than Arsenal but that's not the point of the discussion.

Yeah I know and well done to you for that evidence that Arsenal are better going forward than Barca.

Goals scored are more important to the attacking ability of a team than attempts on goal.

Stoichkov1

Yeah I know and well done to you for that evidence that Arsenal are better going forward than Barca.

Goals scored are more important to the attacking ability of a team than attempts on goal.

I provided evidence that shows Arsenal create more chances than Barca.

Goals scored show that we're clinical, nothing more.

JamDav1982

I provided evidence that shows Arsenal create more chances than Barca.

Goals scored show that we're clinical, nothing more.

It proves Barca are better going forward. The aim is to score goals not take as many shots as possible.

But you stick to it being evidence that Arsenal are better going forward if that is what you can find in stats.

Your stats actually doesnt prove any chances were created. A 40 yd shot would count as a 'chance being created' in your stats.

Stoichkov1

It proves Barca are better going forward. The aim is to score goals not take as many shots as possible.

But you stick to it being evidence that Arsenal are better going forward if that is what you can find in stats.

Your stats actually doesnt prove any chances were created. A 40 yd shot would count as a 'chance being created' in your stats.

If you only look at goals scored/goals conceded you could also argue that United have the best defence in the PL since they have only conceded 20 goals. Then you watch their games and you realize that without De Gea they would have conceded 40.

Still waiting for your stats that show Barca create "better chances" than most teams. If you can't show me I'll stick to my stats since they are the most accurate to describe the attacking ability of a team even if they count long range shots.

JamDav1982

If you only look at goals scored/goals conceded you could also argue that United have the best defence in the PL since they have only conceded 20 goals. Then you watch their games and you realize that without De Gea they would have conceded 40.

Still waiting for your stats that show Barca create "better chances" than most teams. If you can't show me I'll stick to my stats since they are the most accurate to describe the attacking ability of a team even if they count long range shots.

Poor comparison as that goals stats would be used to show that Man Utd are one of toughest to score against and that includes the GK.

Goals scored is far more relevant in judging the attack of a team than attempts during a game.

Unless think likes of Malaga who have scored 16 times have better attack than likes of Atletico.... should be fine on Sunday then.

Can wait all you like wont be getting them. Find them for yourself if it bothers you all that much and your conclusions have been drawn already anyway.

As I said your stats show Arsenal better than Barca going forward. Fool proof. Good idea to stick to those.

Stoichkov1

Poor comparison as that goals stats would be used to show that Man Utd are one of toughest to score against and that includes the GK.

Goals scored is far more relevant in judging the attack of a team than attempts during a game.

Unless think likes of Malaga who have scored 16 times have better attack than likes of Atletico.... should be fine on Sunday then.

Can wait all you like wont be getting them. Find them for yourself if it bothers you all that much and your conclusions have been drawn already anyway.

As I said your stats show Arsenal better than Barca going forward. Fool proof. Good idea to stick to those.

Goals stats would be used to show that Man Utd have an incredible defence and that other teams aren't able to create chances against them which isn't true.

Yep don't show me the stats, just repeat over and over again that Barca create "better chances" than most teams. I'm supposed to believe JamDav1982 anyway. Probably you don't provide evidence because you don't have any.

My stats show that Arsenal create more chances than Barca.

JamDav1982

Goals stats would be used to show that Man Utd have an incredible defence and that other teams aren't able to create chances against them which isn't true.

Yep don't show me the stats, just repeat over and over again that Barca create "better chances" than most teams. I'm supposed to believe JamDav1982 anyway. Probably you don't provide evidence because you don't have any.

My stats show that Arsenal create more chances than Barca.

No the goal stats would be used to show Man Utds difficulty to score against which includes the GK.

Can repeat again.. I dont care if you believe me or not. Feel free to think Arsenal are better going forward than Barca and Malaga are better going forward than Atletico.

Stoichkov1

No the goal stats would be used to show Man Utds difficulty to score against which includes the GK.

Can repeat again.. I dont care if you believe me or not. Feel free to think Arsenal are better going forward than Barca and Malaga are better going forward than Atletico.

The goals stats would be used to show that it's difficult to create chances against Man Utd just like Atletico and Juve. The difference obviously is that Man Utd have De Gea and Atletico and Juve have proper defences who prevent opponents to create danger.

I think that Malaga have created more chances than Atletico this season but their players aren't good enough to convert them into goals.

JamDav1982

The goals stats would be used to show that it's difficult to create chances against Man Utd just like Atletico and Juve. The difference obviously is that Man Utd have De Gea and Atletico and Juve have proper defences who prevent opponents to create danger.

I think that Malaga have created more chances than Atletico this season but their players aren't good enough to convert them into goals.

No the goals stats dont show that at all.

Example being likes of Burnley who have had one of best defences in the league but give up a number of shots to opposition as seek to control where the chances come from.

So Barca have taken less attempts than Arsenal but scored a lot more as Barca create better chances and have better attacking players... we are getting somewhere now.

Stoichkov1

No the goals stats dont show that at all.

Example being likes of Burnley who have had one of best defences in the league but give up a number of shots to opposition as seek to control where the chances come from.

So Barca have taken less attempts than Arsenal but scored a lot more as Barca create better chances and have better attacking players... we are getting somewhere now.

The goals stats don't show how many shots the opponents have during a matches.

Anyone who doesn't watch a single Juve or Atletico or Man Utd match and looks only at goals conceded would think that these three teams have all amazing defences and that it's difficult for opponents to create chances against them. But everyone who watches their matches know that this is the case only for Juve and Atletico while Man Utd's defence is bailed out by De Gea.

Barca have taken less attempts than Arsenal but scored a lot more as Barca have better attacking players.

JamDav1982

The goals stats don't show how many shots the opponents have during a matches.

Anyone who doesn't watch a single Juve or Atletico or Man Utd match and looks only at goals conceded would think that these three teams have all amazing defences and that it's difficult for opponents to create chances against them. But everyone who watches their matches know that this is the case only for Juve and Atletico while Man Utd's defence is bailed out by De Gea.

Barca have taken less attempts than Arsenal but scored a lot more as Barca have better attacking players.

Which is why the goals conceded is more important than chances given up as I said.

Atletico concede more shots than likes of Eibar or Getafe anyway so again your argument fails there as well.

Yes Barca have better attacking players and better attack than Arsenal.

As usual you got there in the end.

Stoichkov1

Which is why the goals conceded is more important than chances given up as I said.

Atletico concede more shots than likes of Eibar or Getafe anyway so again your argument fails there as well.

Yes Barca have better attacking players and better attack than Arsenal.

As usual you got there in the end.

For a coach it's more important chances given up than goals conceded.

Who cares if Atletico concede more than Eibar or Getafe, what matters is that Oblak isn't forced to make 4 saves per game unlike De Gea. Which is why Simeone isn't worried about his team unlike Mourinho despite both teams having the best defensive record in their leagues.

Yes Barca have better attacking players but don't create better chances than Arsenal.

Finally you got there in the end.

Home of Barca Fans