Ernesto Valverde - V1

Stoichkov1

Barca a creating plenty and players are good enough in final third.

Stats prove you wrong. Goal scoring stats and quality of chances create Barca are amongst the best in europe while playing in a more balanced way than most.

How are we creating plenty if squawka shows we have less chances created than Arsenal or Fiorentina?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
that's what worries me and not only.
Something is broken in the machine, and in a key period of the season where everything must work perfectly.
You know, simply saying play Dembele and Coutinho (not in CL unfortunately)... it is not that easy imo, testing and experimenting in this key period of the season..
I don't know, we will see.
I

Coutinho and Dembele worked well against Girona. They're better options than Paulinho....or Vidal.....or Gomes......who all add almost nothing to the team.

Would start Dembele in the CL too. At least he got some pace. Too bad Semedo got injured as he looked so good last game.

JamDav1982

How are we creating plenty if squawka shows we have less chances created than Arsenal or Fiorentina?

In top three leagues only Man City have scored more than Barca.

In top three leagues only Man City and very marginally are Real creating 'better chances'.

The quality of chances and number of goals is far more important than teams trying to pepper the opposition goals with out much plan or balance to their play.

Of course Barca like all teams have games they are not on it going forward like the Chelsea game.

Stoichkov1

In top three leagues only Man City have scored more than Barca.

In top three leagues only Man City and very marginally are Real creating 'better chances'.

The quality of chances and number of goals is far more important than teams trying to pepper the opposition goals with out much plan or balance to their play.

Of course Barca like all teams have games they are not on it going forward like the Chelsea game.

I'm not talking about goals scored.

Do you have stats to show to support your claim that we're creating "better chances" than most teams apart from Man City and Real?

raskolnikov

Coutinho and Dembele worked well against Girona. They're better options than Paulinho....or Vidal.....or Gomes......who all add almost nothing to the team.

Would start Dembele in the CL too. At least he got some pace. Too bad Semedo got injured as he looked so good last game.
Not as if Valverde would have start him anyway. Maybe vs malaga.

JamDav1982

Yes and again I'm asking you to show stats that show that we create better chances than most teams.

Go look for yourself.

Have a feeling you will still point to team attempts and claim Arsenal are a better side going forward than Barca though so fill your boots.

BBZ8800

We've been screaming for some consistency and last game against Girona was the first time we clicked in 10-15 games. Capitalize on it and finally begin to establish som much needed continuity? Learn from what he did right?

Nah, let's switch up the line-up completely and disregard every single lesson he could have learned this season.

Pique, Alba and Semedo couldn't play.
Iniesta had to play.
Since Iniesta had to play, our only options were 433 wih Raki-Iniesta or some 442.
Iniesta in a team means that we can't play 433 with Coutinho.

Even if EV wanted to play an attacking team, that would mean Paulinho and Vidal out and Dembele and Raki in.

We would play 433 with three turtles in an away game.

JamDav1982

Repeating the same sentence over and over again doesn't change the fact that you didn't show me stats to support your argument.

You are right and dont care enough about changing your opinion to provide stats.

Biggest stat of all is goals scored which can find easy enough.

Feel free to carry on thinking Arsenal are better going forward than Barca.

Stoichkov1

You are right and dont care enough about changing your opinion to provide stats.

Biggest stat of all is goals scored which can find easy enough.

Feel free to carry on thinking Arsenal are better going forward than Barca.

Then I don't see the point of joining a forum if you don't care about having a discussion with other users and backing up your arguments with evidence.

Repeating the same sentence over and over again doesn't change the fact that you didn't show me stats to support your argument.

Home of Barca Fans