Ernesto Valverde - V1

M

MessiCam

You can post everything you want, for me an 11 without Messi does not exist. Just thinking about leaving out Messi goes beyond any logic. I don't think that there is a coach in the world who would leave Messi on the bench to make room for any other player. For me Messi is irremovable.
If you tell me to leave out Suarez, ok, we can discuss
But only thinking, only see a possibility about leaving Messi on the bench, not having Messi in an ideal 11 is totally sick and crazy, goes beyond any human understanding.

In my opinion Messi is the best footballer of all time, and it's not even close. On the ball... But he also causes all sorts of issues that others don't.

I agree that if it were to come to choosing between the two I'd choose Messi all the time but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend he doesn't come with a unique set of issues.

MagIX

In my opinion Messi is the best footballer of all time, and it's not even close. On the ball... But he also causes all sorts of issues that others don't.

I agree that if it were to come to choosing between the two I'd choose Messi all the time but I'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend he doesn't come with a unique set of issues.

I knew that Messi is not perfect, without weaknesses, but I didn't know that he created so many issues !
Finally the issue, the problem for barca has a name: Messi

Do you think that Barca has been stupid to accept those "all sorts of issues that others don't", that "unique set of issues" ?

Should we sell him ?

M

MessiCam

I knew that Messi is not perfect, without weaknesses, but I didn't know that he created so many issues !
Finally the issue, the problem for barca has a name: Messi

Do you think that Barca has been stupid to accept those "all sorts of issues that others don't", that "unique set of issues" ?

Should we sell him ?
Don’t put words in my mouth. I didn’t say anything of the sort.

Anyway, the Messi and Suárez conundrum needs to be addressed. It’s 3 years running now...

Altomonte

Rotations are important and necessary and MUST include Messi. There is scientific evidence for a six-fold higher chance for non-contact injuries for football players that are playing 2 matches instead of one match per week.

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/0363546510361236

Valverde can gamble that Messi stays injury-free but it may haunt us and destroy our chances to advance to the late rounds of CL.
It would further be heart breaking to jeopardize Messi's chances to do well in the World Cup.

FCBfan22

Playing Suarez and Messi one half each vs. Girona (Suarez 1st and Messi 2nd) with Dembele and Paco upfront would be the best solution IMHO.

M

MessiCam

He thinks we were “fantastic” against Chelsea.

He must be a megalomaniac.

Barcilliant

Valverde is scared of his own shadow. This idiot was calling for players to be brought in to help Messi. The board responded and he's barely played them. I can understand Dembeles situation but Mina, Coutinho and Semedo should be getting more minutes.

He reminds me of Tata but without the personality. He is more like Mourinho without all the tantrums and tiaras.

wisconsincule

For him winning the league and Copa would be a huge accomplishment and it’s obvious that’s what he cares about. He will run our key players into the ground and we will be shown an early exit in the champions league. I’m happy if we can win the double obviously but his rotations are becoming suspect. These next matches until the Chelsea game are crucial for him. Hopefully he can get Dembele integrated but I’d say those chances are very slim considering the season Dembele has had with his injuries.

vlad

Barca winning la liga and cdr, that would be a great season, and decent run in CL, im tired seeing barca struggling until quarters then going out with messi, semifinal would be great, many of us, since neymar left, didnt expect this, valverde didnt have much choices when selecting player for matches, dembele injuried, coutinho coming in january, semedo still not there to take robertos place

gatsu

The reason why Valverde is playing a 442 is not that we need midfield with more physical impact. One of the mf must take Messi position when this later drops deep in the field, hence the choice of paulinho. In a practical way in terms of animation Barça has always switched between 433 422 and 451 depending on Messi's mouvements. And the problem has always been qualities of players.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
For him winning the league and Copa would be a huge accomplishment and it’s obvious that’s what he cares about. He will run our key players into the ground and we will be shown an early exit in the champions league. I’m happy if we can win the double obviously but his rotations are becoming suspect. These next matches until the Chelsea game are crucial for him. Hopefully he can get Dembele integrated but I’d say those chances are very slim considering the season Dembele has had with his injuries.

And I think it's a good approach. What I hated was Lucho's approach - underestimate weak opponents, rotate half of the squad against them, lose points and then repeat the same thing again the next week. With Valverde you have minimal rotations 2-3 players and 2-3 players on the bench who can come out and change the game if necessary.

serghei

I'd say this game is important in knowing Valverde's intentions. If Dembele, Semedo, Vermaelen and Coutinho don't start...

The lineup he played today is close to what our starting XI should be.

Busquets and Rakitic provide enough defensive stability. No need to try to throw in Gomes/Paulinho.

Horatio

You're welcome
Maybe we could play an offensive game like this in our home games in CL.

Don't concede away, kill off at home. Valverde master tactician.

Home of Barca Fans