Ernesto Valverde - V1

Sorin

Shit on a stick football. Over and over again. When Chelsea is more dangerous in attack than us, it s a problem. Not to mention that our defensive performance was nothing to brag about so can t really say that we sacrificed the attack for more solidity at the back. Unfortunately, it s more of the same shit we see in La Liga where Eibar has a better attacking display than us. This second part of the season looks dire if we remain in thia shape

MagIX

Not easy to create chances when Chelsea plays with 11 players in 20/30 meters, did you see where played Hazard, Pedro and Wilian ?
Going through the middle ? impossible even if you have 3 Messi in front.

FC433

Valverde has done impressive job and I do not think anybody could doubt that, but we still expect a lot. Madrid's game was tricky and gave us a lot of confidence, but honestly we are not as strong as we think we are. However, that does not take anything away from what Valverde has done.

Suarez Messi
Iniesta Busquets Rakitic Roberto
Alba Umtiti Pique Semedo
Stegen

I think this the best we have got. Is it enough for CL? I am not sure, but we definitely need to be lucky. That is why I said we should focus on the league. Going from a potential of wining the domestic treble to wining only CDR is going to suck.

Our problem this season is that we do not create enough chances from day 1 to this very day.

Cule4life

The Culest
To be honest I don't expect us to dominate PL-team right now, so todays result is fine

The same Chelsea who was in shit form and rekt by Bournemouth? Is that how low Valverde has sunk our expectations to?

If one thing he is know for it is changing his plan A by his subs and make them change the game, come on..

Subs like Vidal and Gomes? Are u intentionally being funny?

Honest question: Would you rather lose 2-1 or 1-0 with Dembele on the field showing some promise, but too eager and without end-product? That is just as likely to happen as "a whole different picture" than the one we saw, imo...

Without that gift by Chelsea we would have lost. Should we expect gifts like that every game and keep playing the same tired formation who didn't look like scoring till eternity? Why the fuck did we spend over 100m on Dembele if he's so shit that Valverde will sub on Vidal and Gomes before him?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The 4-4-2 was EV's doing but a lot of it comes down to having Paulinho and Rakitic who are just abysmal. There is a limit to the quality of football we can play relying on guys like that for penetration and effective ball circulation.

Needs to shake things up, and needs to work Dembele into the starting lineup ASAP. Idgaf if he's sloppy, his sheer presence and approach is like 10x better than Paulinho.

FC433

Once again Valverde shows he lacks vision and ideas and he is a timid, result-oriented manager who just plays safe. I felt he is like another Mourinho, a guy that solidifies defenses but pretty clueless in terms of the attacking game. We are painstakingly slow and static therefore we close down our own chances in attack. Even we fans see it, why doesn't he see it? If he sees it, why doesn't he address it?

Real Madrid's poor showing in the league made him appear a much better manager than he really is.

There is really nothing much one can do. It is fairly difficult to break 2 lines of defence. How AD and Roma did it? because they were not as strong as us; therefore, CH went attacking, which left empty spots to take advantage of. The only team suffers from PTB is FCB because, for me, the only way to break such play is to cross and unfortunately we cannot do that.

How can RM beat AT? again the same they are not as good as FCB when it comes to possession which gives the opportunity to AT to attack and leave empty spots behind. And also because RM is good at corssing.

Faceless

No more faces at night
Valverde has done impressive job and I do not think anybody could doubt that, but we still expect a lot. Madrid's game was tricky and gave us a lot of confidence, but honestly we are not as strong as we think we are. However, that does not take anything away from what Valverde has done.

Suarez Messi
Iniesta Busquets Rakitic Roberto
Alba Umtiti Pique Semedo
Stegen

I think this the best we have got. Is it enough for CL? I am not sure, but we definitely need to be lucky. That is why I said we should focus on the league. Going from a potential of wining the domestic treble to wining only CDR is going to suck.

Our problem this season is that we do not create enough chances from day 1 to this very day.

The question is also: will he play the players in those lineup? Time over time, Semedo could have helped us but this was never shown throughout this season. I understand Roberto does well in that position, but while Valverde is looking for a midfield player (Paulinho, Gomes) Roberto has always been ready for that position. Unfortunate really, why are we always facing problems in 2nd half of fhe season..

barca7788

Nepali Cule
disappointed, real disappointed.
how hard is it to play semedo in RB, sergio in MF and dembele upfront when you need pace.
we are so flat in attacking.

MagIX

There is really nothing much one can do. It is fairly difficult to break 2 lines of defence. How AD and Roma did it? because they were not as strong as us; therefore, CH went attacking, which left empty spots to take advantage of. The only team suffers from PTB is FCB because, for me, the only way to break such play is to cross and unfortunately we cannot do that.

How can RM beat AT? again the same they are not as good as FCB when it comes to possession which gives the opportunity to AT to attack and leave empty spots behind. And also because RM is good at corssing.

well said

ini4ever

He gotta change to 433 ASAP. We can't keep with 4.4.2 in cl against serious teams. He should start integrating Dembele into XI before QF cl matches.

M

MessiCam

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] 4-4-2 vs parked bus... How’s that working out for you?

Once again counters galore!

Stoichkov1

Once again Valverde shows he lacks vision and ideas and he is a timid, result-oriented manager who just plays safe. I felt he is like another Mourinho, a guy that solidifies defenses but pretty clueless in terms of the attacking game. We are painstakingly slow and static therefore we close down our own chances in attack. Even we fans see it, why doesn't he see it? If he sees it, why doesn't he address it?

Real Madrid's poor showing in the league made him appear a much better manager than he really is.

I think we're so static mainly because of the way Barca plays and the players we have.

To break a bus you have 2 options:

1) Crosses with tall players who can use their head, just like Real Madrid

2) Dribblers who create chaos in the opponents' defence.

Our players are midgets and the second best dribbler in the world left us last summer, so it's no surprise we can't create any chances.

henias

Not when we are a heavy possession team. 442 simply doesnt suit our attacking style of play from day 1, we just risk ourselves to counter attacks passing constantly in the middle without any sort of width. When Messi drops deep it's almost like a 451. Look at how well Chelsea dismantled our defence in a few simple passes. It's not rocket science.

We arent that great defensively either, Chelsea looked both dangerous in counter attacks and buildup play. This is when you know something is wrong. We have zero aerial threat as well even if we cross the ball in to Suarez or Messi. We need width and push Chelsea deep in their halves and stretch their defence.

We lost the balls in the middle so many times, Paulinho, Rakitic, because they were simply passing horizontally, without any players wide to poke at the defence. We are equally vulnerable so might as well just go for a 433.

MagIX

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] 4-4-2 vs parked bus... How’s that working out for you?

Once again counters galore!

4-3-3 we lost 4-0 vs PSG and 3-0 vs Juve....

4-4-3 or 4-3-3 that's not the problem, doesn't matter vs 11 defenders...

I think we're so static mainly because of the way Barca plays and the players we have.

To break a bus you have 2 options:

1) Crosses with tall players who can use their head, just like Real Madrid

2) Dribblers who create chaos in the opponents' defence.

Our players are midgets and the second best dribbler in the world left us last summer, so it's no surprise we can't create any chances.

Exactly, that's the point.

Home of Barca Fans