Ernesto Valverde - V1

Cule4life

The Culest
Who needs to rest clearly tired players? Who needs a bench? Does he have that little faith in his bench that he's unwilling to rest players before a crucial CL tie?

Chelsea will be well rested and fired up and the way we have been playing we'll struggle to create chances. We desperately need some luck and/or an early goal so Chelsea opens up else it'll be a snoozefest.

There are no difficult away games left in La Liga except for Sevilla. Rotations really need to start coming in now. Coutinho should honestly be starting in Iniesta's place in every La Liga game.

The fact that we are first in the league and undefeated and that we only conceded 11 goals in 24 matches with the same team of last year without Neymar already showed that he's not a fraud regardless of how the team performs in CL.

I don't care if he gets all 114 points with 0 goals conceded in La Liga, if we're shit in the CL, he's a fraud.

Last edited:

Stoichkov1

There are no difficult away games left in La Liga except for Sevilla. Rotations really need to start coming in now. Coutinho should honestly be starting in Iniesta's place in every La Liga game.

I don't care if he gets all 114 points with 0 goals conceded in La Liga, if we're shit in the CL, he's a fraud.

We were shit in the CL last year with Lucho. We conceded 7 goals against PSG and 3 against Juve.

And Lucho had MSN.

The fact that we are first in the league and undefeated and that we only conceded 11 goals in 24 matches with the same team of last year without Neymar already showed that he's not a fraud regardless of how the team performs in CL.

I don't look at the stats or results, I watch the matches and from what I've seen so far we haven't played great at all, have required a fair share of luck and regularly scrape by with unconvincing performances. There is no excuse to lose to this Chelsea and exit in the Round of 16 for the first time in many years.

Stoichkov1

I don't look at the stats or results, I watch the matches and from what I've seen so far we haven't played great at all, have required a fair share of luck and regularly scrape by with unconvincing performances. There is no excuse to lose to this Chelsea and exit in the Round of 16 for the first time in many years.

We didn't play that good last year too, but we had Neymar and we were able to create more chances.

Chelsea is a strong team and they have one of the best coaches in the world. In the PL they're above a Tottenham side that is probably going to advance against Juve.

Stoichkov1

Juve's failure cannot be used as an excuse for our own, we're better than that.

We didn't play well last year? I never suggested that we did, we were shambolic with no system. As much as I have my doubts about us this season we're still miles better than last year.

Conte doesn't even seem like he wants to be at Chelsea anymore for starters and Neymar or not we should still handily beat this Chelsea side.

So you're saying we're miles better this year compared to last year without our second best player and you still ask yourself if Valverde is a fraud or not?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He rested noone 3 days before CL clash while having a solid league cushion.

He really only sees CL as a bonus and I am feeling disappointed with the lack of ambition.
Very good coach and likeable guy but still...

Horatio

You're welcome

He really only sees CL as a bonus and I am feeling disappointed with the lack of ambition.

Could players wanting to focus on WC have something to do with it?

My commentator keeps saying that according to sources Messi asked the team after el Clasico to close the league early so he can have 2 months rest for WC.

Stoichkov1

He rested noone because Eibar is a very good team and we would have dropped more points.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Could players wanting to focus on WC have something to do with it?

My commentator keeps saying that according to sources Messi asked the team after el Clasico to close the league early so he can have 2 months rest for WC.

That doesn't sound likely Watson. You very well know that easiest answer is usually true.

Horatio

You're welcome
That doesn't sound likely Watson. You very well know that easiest answer is usually true.

Dunno...wouldn't be surprised if some of the players don't value CL as much as the fans do. WC comes once in 4 years and this might be last time for some of the players to win it. CL is annually. I can imagine some players throwing it if they already consider their chances slim this season and get most out of WC.
I always figure most things in football are less dramatic to the actual players than how public perceives it.

Last edited:

mesiesta

Can't blame him, because we have fantastic results so far and can easily win at least 2 trophies at the end of the season. With Lucho or other manager we would possibly be at 3rd-4th place in the league with this squad (we already saw our previous form in Supercup matches). However, I expect him to change his vision in next season - with adapted Coutinho and Dembele we MUST play more attacking football.

Horatio

You're welcome
Depends on the opponent. If it's to Madrid, City, or Bayern I won't be too bothered. We just shouldn't be losing to teams we're clearly superior than.

See...what I am thinking is that most seem to forget where we stood beginning of the season. I think most people here expressing loudest criticism wouldn't have believed a doble would be for the grabs and would gladly have taken it back then even if it means getting knocked out earlier in CL. Now that treble is attainable people are starting to demand one.

What coach would you like to have seen and think would've done a better job?

Home of Barca Fans