User Tag List

Page 186 of 427 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 2,776 to 2,790 of 6397

Thread: Ernesto Valverde

  1. #2776
    Member
    CanadianBlaugrana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    297
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It may have been a bore-fest 0-0 draw but Valverde marches on breaking La Liga records! Wonderful manager and Happy belated 54th birthday to our man.

  2. #2777
    Senior Member
    FinBarcelonafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Turku
    Posts
    2,199
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoichkov1 View Post
    lol real madrid created more chances than us in every season and won 1 league title in 6 years.

    The only explanation for this is that they aren't clinical enough or that their defence concedes a lot of goals.
    Messi loses interest after 3-0. That's when Ronaldo starts to gain interest. Easy goals are his favourite.

    Quite often we could have trashed the opponent more than we did.

  3. #2778
    Improvin' Perfection!!
    Aryagorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,465
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    Nah, he should only apologize.


    I am awaiting the manager's apologizing event

  4. #2779
    Senior Member
    MagIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,078
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia View Post
    In La Liga:

    12-13: 1.05

    13-14: 0.86

    14-15: 0.55

    15-16: 0.76

    16-17: 0.97

    17-18: 0.47


    Interessing to note that we won the triplete when we had the lowest average in goal conceded.
    Last edited by MagIX; 12th February 2018 at 09:18 AM.
    “I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.” Marco Van Basten

  5. #2780
    Senior Member
    Nothanks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    941
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    aka stats like these matter and barely give a full picture

  6. #2781
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    28,180
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine we are where Real Madrid is. People really complain too much.

  7. #2782
    Senior Member
    Kerrybai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kerry, Ireland
    Posts
    4,723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Messi loses interest after 3-0. That's when Ronaldo starts to gain interest. Easy goals are his favourite.

    Quite often we could have trashed the opponent more than we did.
    Not trur at all, both players score the sMe amount of opening goals, equalizers etc.

  8. #2783
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    28,180
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrybai View Post
    Not trur at all, both players score the sMe amount of opening goals, equalizers etc.
    Pretty sure that's false.

  9. #2784
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    247
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My expectations for any season is feeling like we at least have a shot at the CL. This year, looking at some of these teams and how well they play together, I don't see that we do. Even Tottenham. The way a team like Tottenham link up in attack, multiple players running at once, playing off eachother, playing in triangles. Constant one-two's.

    We have much more talent but none of the spirit. We're slow. We're predictable. Literally only one player runs at a time and that run is usually half-hearted. All our attacks follow the same pattern. We play it out of harms way and move it comfortably around. Then we move up slowly and steady. Then we wait patiently for the opponent to settle. Then we start moving it from side to side and one of three things happen:

    1) while half the team is standing still, Suarez makes a run in the box looking for a drop ball in typically from Messi or Iniesta. Everyone spots the run practically before he starts it because nothing else is happening. Because we literally don't have any other prospects, the ball will be played to Suarez even though it looks hopeless from the start. Ball gets intercepted or runs over the line.

    2. We play it over the wings. The fullback gets a little space and puts in a cross. Just from the look of it, we can already tell before the cross reaches the area that it's not gonna lead to anything. Typically, we have 5 or 6 players in and around the box but not one of them tries to get in a position and compete for the ball. Everyone is sorta just standing around except Suarez who for some reason typically makes an effort to actually run backwards out of the danger area.

    3) the attack is so stale and static that everybody agrees only Messi can do something about it. The ball is moved around for a while until Messi gets it in with a little space. He has the ball for approximately half a second before 4 players is surrounding him. He either plays it on, tries to dribble and fails or ever so rarely does something magic and saves our ass.
    Last edited by BusiTheKing; 13th February 2018 at 11:33 PM.

  10. #2785
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    960
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BusiTheKing View Post
    My expectations for any season is feeling like we at least have a shot at the CL. This year, looking at some of these teams and how well they play together, I don't see that we do. Even Tottenham. The way a team like Tottenham link up in attack, multiple players running at once, playing off eachother, playing in triangles. Constant one-two's.

    We have much more talent but none of the spirit. We're slow. We're predictable. Literally only one player runs at a time and that run is usually half-hearted. All our attacks follow the same pattern. We play it out of harms way and move it comfortably around. Then we move up slowly and steady. Then we wait patiently for the opponent to settle. Then we start moving it from side to side and one of three things happen:

    1) while half the team is standing still, Suarez makes a run in the box looking for a drop ball in typically from Messi or Iniesta. Everyone spots the run practically before he starts it because nothing else is happening. Because we literally don't have any other prospects, the ball will be played to Suarez even though it looks hopeless from the start. Ball gets intercepted or runs over the line.

    2. We play it over the wings. The fullback gets a little space and puts in a cross. Just from the look of it, we can already tell before the cross reaches the area that it's not gonna lead to anything. Typically, we have 5 or 6 players in and around the box but not one of them tries to get in a position and compete for the ball. Everyone is sorta just standing around except Suarez who for some reason typically makes an effort to actually run backwards out of the danger area.

    3) the attack is so stale and static that everybody agrees only Messi can do something about it. The ball is moved around for a while until Messi gets it in with a little space. He has the ball for approximately half a second before 4 players is surrounding him. He either plays it on, tries to dribble and fails or ever so rarely does something magic and saves our ass.
    A strong defence is usually enough to have a shot at the CL.

    Atletico who are absolutely awful at creating chances could have won 2 CL in 3 years.

  11. #2786
    Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    247
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoichkov1 View Post
    A strong defence is usually enough to have a shot at the CL.

    Atletico who are absolutely awful at creating chances could have won 2 CL in 3 years.
    But the thing is, when Atletico attack, they actually go for it. Everyone works together at the same time even if it's just for 5 or 10 second periods, because that's really as long as it takes anyway. Our attacks aren't more dangerous because we build them up so carefully. We still end up at status quo faced with an organized defense. Plus the way that they rely on their defense to win them games require a totally different level of spirit than we possess. In those two years they have shown so much more heart than us.

    I agree, though, that our defense is much stronger than in previous years and that it's a very good place to start.

  12. #2787
    Improvin' Perfection!!
    Aryagorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,465
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrybai View Post
    Not trur at all, both players score the sMe amount of opening goals, equalizers etc.
    How can that be true when Leo stops running at 2-0, 3-0 while CR7 goes out on a goal scoring marathon during those circumstances but still has a similar total number of goals as Messi?

  13. #2788
    Banned

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if we should switch to a 4-2-3-1, at least as an offensive plan B when we need goals:

    --------Busquets-Rakitic---------------
    Dembele--------Messi--------------Coutinho/Iniesta
    ------------------Suarez----------------

    Can't happen until Dembele regains some kind of form though.

    Seen some people here advocate for 4-3-3 but then you either have to put Messi on the right (where he doesn't want to be) or put Suarez on the wing.
    Last edited by Lelouch vi Britannia; 14th February 2018 at 04:28 AM.

  14. #2789
    Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    407
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia View Post
    Wonder if we should switch to a 4-2-3-1, at least as an offensive plan B when we need goals:

    --------Busquets-Rakitic---------------
    Dembele--------Messi--------------Coutinho/Iniesta
    ------------------Suarez----------------

    Can't happen until Dembele regains some kind of form though.

    Seen some people here advocate for 4-3-3 but then you either have to put Messi on the right (where he doesn't want to be) or put Suarez on the wing.
    I think that's what is exactly in EV's mind for next season, replacing Suarez with Griezman, and Raki with a new player (Arthur or someone else?)
    Xavi's Cups

  15. #2790
    Improvin' Perfection!!
    Aryagorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8,465
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia View Post
    Wonder if we should switch to a 4-2-3-1, at least as an offensive plan B when we need goals:

    --------Busquets-Rakitic---------------
    Dembele--------Messi--------------Coutinho/Iniesta
    ------------------Suarez----------------

    Can't happen until Dembele regains some kind of form though.

    Seen some people here advocate for 4-3-3 but then you either have to put Messi on the right (where he doesn't want to be) or put Suarez on the wing.
    Looks like 4-3-3 is not on cards anymore. Especially cause our record signing would not be used to his full potential in that setup, nor does Suarez (as Leo would not go back to wings anymore)