Ernesto Valverde - V1

Zincubus

Banned
Read somewhere today that this Valverde's Barca doesn't have a gameplan, that there's no conception. What do you think about it? I disagree, but can't really prove my point so am asking for the helo. :lol:

I think he's getting lucky by the guys ( mainly Messi) getting better results than we deserve .

Should have lost tonight maybe but Messi saved us again

I'd be happy to lose Valverde . So many mistakes tonight . I'm half surprised he didn't try Messi at CB

Horatio

You're welcome
who is the current record holder? I'd imagine 12/13 barca as messi was winning us every liga game in the 1st half of that season.

Over 23 games it's a shared tie with 62 points between Barca 10/11 & 12/13 and Real 1960/1961
If this Barca wins the upcoming two games we will be at 63 points over 23 games.

Currently over 21 games this Barca's result is ranked 3rd ever behind the aforementioned two Barca seasons.

Joan

I think he's getting lucky by the guys ( mainly Messi) getting better results than we deserve .

Should have lost tonight maybe but Messi saved us again

I'd be happy to lose Valverde . So many mistakes tonight . I'm half surprised he didn't try Messi at CB

for help*

who would you hire?

jairzinho

There were some tactical errors tonight, but any sudden notion that he doesn't know what he's doing is outright trolling.

The players themselves have said that the team is more organized and balanced this season.

Nothanks

We are 11 points clear from second place, and 19 points clear of Real Madrid
can you primadonna's calm your shit? if he isn't allowed to experiment with a new player now when will he ever be allowed to? in meaningless preseason games?

Total-Football

A lot of people complaining about today and i have 2 big conclusions, the way i see it is this:

1- people who complain about experimenting: We are literally in the best position possible to experiment. At the start of next season the score goes back to Zero, so experimeting at the begining would jeopardize a lot of important points. I'm 100% with the manager on this.

2- Countinho playting as a RM-Free role hybrid. For this i'm taking a neutral position as to whether the manager is right or wrong. However (a big however), just like Dembele's position seems weird with him being a skilled dribbler yet playing side by side to Messi, the manager insists on playing him right there in the right flank. Whatever the ideas Velverde have and his experiments, i observed that he has some pillars for the tactics, one of them is freeing the left side entirely for Alba. So don't expect to see Coutinho there. Those guys didn't come from Mars the managment know that Coutinho would look best in there but they value the weight of the team and its dynamics more, and rightfully so because we are winning, convincingly.

He's had a couple of huge brainfarts (Supercup and Alaves) but he's doing a very good job overall.

On the experimentation, yes this was the game to experiment, but the experiments themselves didn't make much sense.

Well, whatever. He did fuck up but even a loss wouldn't have been the end of the world, let alone a narrow win.

Last edited:

Devils

The madman did it again.

Don't know any other manager today who comes so well prepared for games and makes the right calls. Real Madrid, Sociedad and now Alaves...This guy must give the GOAT halftime speeches and has tactical plan A,B,C,D,E...X,Y,Z if needed. It should come of no surprise that we utterly decimate our opposition in the second half.

GOATverde.

xXKonan

I think this setup today Midfield wise would probably work much better with Busi in the middle than Paulinho.

Busi helps provide that nice disciplined stability in the middle right next to Rakitic which gives us a great base to work off of and you have Don on the left, But Valverde fielded both Coutinho and Paulinho at once and Paulinho always wants to drive forward every chance he gets and you have also Coutinho who's a attack minded Midfielder wanting to also be involved you get a Midfield which is unbalanced.

In theory I could understand why Valverde went with this Midfield set up, problem is you can't play both Paulinho-Coutinho-Iniesta all at once without someone like Busi right in the middle with Rakitic to help bring stability.

Home of Barca Fans