Ernesto Valverde - V1

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched his big interview with Barca TV aired after New Year. This guy is more likeable than Pep and Lucho. Down to earth and nothing fake about him. Almost up there with Rijkaard's level of cool.

FCBfan22

I think that majority of us, Barca fans, finally developed trust in our coach again, after many years of strange lineups, chaos and madness during Lucho era. Kudos to Valverde for doing that.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I don't know I trusted Lucho too since half season debacle. He had some interesting ideas just couldn't evolve over time. Lucho bought us success again, people shouldn't forget that.

I don't know I trusted Lucho too since half season debacle. He had some interesting ideas just couldn't evolve over time. Lucho bought us success again, people shouldn't forget that.

He certainly helped us transition from the Pep era. His time was up last season though. I'm glad he realized it.

Faceless

No more faces at night
I think Ernesto Valverde will be here for a long time. Prolly until Messi retires and Barca begins a new era.

I'll wait for 2 or 3 more season before saying that. As much I love the stuff and attitude he is bringing to the team, we'll have to see how he fares in the long term.

vlad

I think Ernesto Valverde will be here for a long time. Prolly until Messi retires and Barca begins a new era.

If "long time" is 3, 4 seasons, then yes, but longer then that? No way, pressure is huge on barca coach and he will get burned quickly.

behindbrowneyes

Agreed. It is also difficult to stay on the top. Look at Zidane. I don't consider him to be a top-coach, but he did the right things for a time and was very successful. Every coach has his very own idea and once you perfected it it is difficult to keep this up. Opponents will get used to that and find a way to make it more difficult for you. In order to keep this up the coach will have to reinvent himself which is very difficult. There is a reason Pep changes team every 3 or 4 years.

The only way to stay top without signing a new coach is by transfers imo. You'll have to sell some of your starters in order to change the dynamics in the team and replace them with class from somewhere else.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I don't know, Valverde strikes me as a manager who could actually stay longer than 3-4 years, he seems to be calmer then previous managers and might be interested in long term project.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
I think his character is just great, suits us nicely. Very humble, mellow, easy going but oozes a ton of knowledge and confidence about his craft which he imparts unto the players. There's such a healthy, united vibe in our dressing room that is simply palpable. Our team spirit is magnificent, there's no egoism, rencor, unhealthy competition, players are just as happy to sit on the bench if necessary, cus everyone is pulling together and understands their place and role in the team.
He seems to make everyone feel good/relaxed.

I'd also like to say he is a master at adapting to his players rather than just having them adapt to him, and/or his ideas. He knows how to put everyone in a spot where they'll really shine and show their best qualities. I feel most managers attempt mostly to just impose themselves, "this is how I like to play, and if you don't fit this you're out" Pep Guardiola for example.

"If life gives you lemons, make lemonade"

But it does help that we have WC players, no kidding obviously, so as long as we have a nice balanced squad with great players I feel there will be no need to replace this man for years to come. I am confident we will slowly fall more in love with him and the results he produces. So far so good, right?

Joan

What I like about him is that he has more than one idea of how to play. He has his plan A, plan B and will come up with plan C if needed.

Mido

Definitely brought interesting changes but let's wait the Chelsea games until we may have a more concrete judgement of his work.

Barca's 4-4-2 is very efficient but their game with the ball can still be improven.

I like Vlaverde's "insightful pragmatism". He seems to know what he's doing.

Devils

Knew we were going to advance after the first leg after Valverde's quote:

"We will be waiting for Espanyol at Camp Nou"

Man is an assassin.

GOATverde.

Home of Barca Fans