User Tag List

Page 155 of 193 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2885

Thread: Ernesto Valverde

  1. #2311
    Senior Member
    jairzinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    América do Sul
    Posts
    1,567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a really good chance this year as we're more defensively organized under Valverde.

  2. #2312
    Senior Member
    BarcaOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,748
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ill admit that at the beginning of the season i was thoroughly unconvinced but he has gradually won me over and i cant but be satisfied with the great work he has done with (up to coutinho's signing and dembele's recovery, and a horribly off-form suarez) a fairly limited squad.
    peptastic

  3. #2313
    You're welcome
    Origami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,773
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    ill admit that at the beginning of the season i was thoroughly unconvinced but he has gradually won me over and i cant but be satisfied with the great work he has done with (up to coutinho's signing and dembele's recovery, and a horribly off-form suarez) a fairly limited squad.
    Don't think he had much to do with Coutinho's signing.

  4. #2314
    Senior Member
    BarcaOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,748
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    Don't think he had much to do with Coutinho's signing.
    right--my point is not that he helped sign coutinho, but that before we signed him valverde was working with a fairly thin squad that was messi-dependent since suarez was off form, dembele was injured, and we had only denis/delou/paco to help leo out.
    peptastic

  5. #2315
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    10,442
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While this squad is considered one of the more weaker ones in recent seasons, it's still the best squad he's ever had. He was hamstrung to either low budgets or having to promote from within/buying Basque only players at Bilbao.

    Despite never having the chance to spend big bucks on players, His greatest strengths ended up helping us big time not just on a tactical side but also knowing how to get more out of his players and figuring out who deserves to stay and who goes.

    He's probably well aware of Coutinho, even if he didn't have much of a say but to him it's more options and a good chance of finally transitioning from heavily relying on Iniesta to more of a Xavi role like under Lucho's first season.

  6. #2316
    Senior Member
    BarçaBarça's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,348
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    Don't think he had much to do with Coutinho's signing.
    I am wondering: Will he have a say in the possibility of buying Griezmann?

    As many have pointed out, it could force his hand a little in terms a starting-11 that might be more offensive than he would like, or at least make the man-management of the squad harder, because more superstars would need to be benched once in a while.

  7. #2317
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    24,435
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    I am wondering: Will he have a say in the possibility of buying Griezmann?

    As many have pointed out, it could force his hand a little in terms a starting-11 that might be more offensive than he would like, or at least make the man-management of the squad harder, because more superstars would need to be benched once in a while.
    No idea, but it was reported he wanted Griezmann last summer, but it wasn't possible to sign him. Obviously it could all be MD and Sport trying to make it seem like it's his wish rather than the board's.
    Just get a better midfield

  8. #2318
    New signing
    Degane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I embarrassed my points of past managers (Tata Martino anyone?) but in any case, the team looks more solid but less flashy under Valverde. The 2nd half will be more important imo. I will reserve judgement for truly tough games such next game against ATM, Valencia, and Champions League knockouts.
    Som i serem

  9. #2319
    You're welcome
    Origami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,773
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Degane View Post
    I embarrassed my points of past managers (Tata Martino anyone?) but in any case, the team looks more solid but less flashy under Valverde. The 2nd half will be more important imo. I will reserve judgement for truly tough games such next game against ATM, Valencia, and Champions League knockouts.
    Degane didn't get the memo.

  10. #2320
    Senior Member
    Lelouch vi Britannia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,451
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I'll say is that if we want to win the CL, we'll have to do better in tough away games than we did against Juve, at least on the offensive end. 0-0 isn't the greatest result. That away goal is crucial. We rarely concede so even one away goal is enough.
    Last edited by Lelouch vi Britannia; 14th January 2018 at 07:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia
    Attention, entire world. Hear my proclamation. I am Lelouch vi Britannia, emperor of the Holy Britannian Empire and your only ruler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Bale
    The team that scores more goals will win el clasico.

  11. #2321
    Senior Member
    henias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    647
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    Degane didn't get the memo.
    The game against Chelsea will definitely be a good test, even though they arent doing too well at the moment. It will be a massive confidence boost if we win. Some of us doesnt want to get overly complacent like Madrid, which is understandable enough. Nothing wrong with that.

  12. #2322
    You're welcome
    Origami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,773
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    The game against Chelsea will definitely be a good test, even though they arent doing too well at the moment. It will be a massive confidence boost if we win. Some of us doesnt want to get overly complacent like Madrid, which is understandable enough. Nothing wrong with that.
    A good test of what? What is to be tested?

  13. #2323
    Senior Member
    Lelouch vi Britannia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,451
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    The game against Chelsea will definitely be a good test, even though they arent doing too well at the moment. It will be a massive confidence boost if we win. Some of us doesnt want to get overly complacent like Madrid, which is understandable enough. Nothing wrong with that.
    I hope the players (both new and old), Messi especially, are ultra motivated to avenge the 2012 bullshit. I think they will be.

    I'm much more optimistic about the Chelsea tie than I am about the CL as a whole.
    Last edited by Lelouch vi Britannia; 14th January 2018 at 08:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia
    Attention, entire world. Hear my proclamation. I am Lelouch vi Britannia, emperor of the Holy Britannian Empire and your only ruler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Bale
    The team that scores more goals will win el clasico.

  14. #2324
    Senior Member
    henias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    647
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    A good test of what? What is to be tested?
    Chelsea has always caused us serious problems, based on our head to head meetings with them. Perhaps you have short-term memory? I know this Chelsea side is not as strong as they used to be, but we still cannot underestimate them? So spare me the high horse.

  15. #2325
    You're welcome
    Origami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,773
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    Chelsea has always caused us serious problems, based on our head to head meetings with them. Perhaps you have short-term memory? I know this Chelsea side is not as strong as they used to be, but we still cannot underestimate them? So spare me the high horse.
    So if Chelsea always caused us serious problems, what are you going to conclude when they cause us serious problems this time again?
    Who says anything about underestimating them?

    And what high horse? Asked you a simple question. Don't know why you consider everything a personal attack.