User Tag List

Page 150 of 506 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 7582

Thread: Ernesto Valverde

  1. #2236
    You're welcome
    Origami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    7,680
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vinni View Post
    When i saw the lineup yesterday, i thought Valverde was insane. Fielding our B team at Balaídos seems like madness to me. I assumed he would use our A team players away, and more B team players in home match next week. It went fairly well so i can't complain, but i wonder why he did it.

    My (bad) theories:

    - The club decided we dont care about Copa this year. This seems highly unlikely. We allways want to win everything.

    - Valverde assumed Unzue expected a strong lineup so he fielded the B team to suprise Celta. This seems risky concidering the difference between our starters and our bench.

    - He saved our A team players. This dosent make much sense since we are playing Levante home this weekend, but maybe Valverde think we can win against Levante in first gear, get the A team going, and trash Celta at home next week. I'm not convinced about this. We are going to Anoeta to play Real Socidad after the second leg against Celta Vigo.

    Do anyone else have a good explanation for our line up yesterday?
    Didn't see the full game but going by Celta's lack of intensity and Emre Mor being fielded doesn't seem they were playing their main XI either. Or is Mor in starting XI already? But in any case they looked weak.

    @serghei told you we would be seeing B team rotations.
    Last edited by Origami; 6th January 2018 at 06:16 AM.

  2. #2237
    Member
    dostoevskij's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    499
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    Didn't see the full game but going by Celta's lack of intensity and Emre Mor being fielded doesn't seem they were playing their main XI either. Or is Mor in starting XI already? But in any case they looked weak.

    @serghei told you we would be seeing B team rotations.
    well thats why one should not judge without watching Emre Mor was not starting, he was a sub.

    They played with almost their strongest line up, only cabral on the bench, with all their key players (aspas, wass, sisto, gomez... ) starting!

    Copa is their shot at a european place like in last years, so i dosnot make any sense for them to lack intense etc!
    "There is no sin except stupidity." (Oscar Wilde)

  3. #2238
    Senior Member
    xXKonan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Bartlesville, Oklahoma
    Posts
    12,721
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man must be feeling like a million bucks now that he finally got Dembele back from injury along with Coutinho signing today.

    He was doing well before but having those two here and now will be a dramatic boost for him during the second half of the season. Even if Phil can't play in the CL it allows us to rest key players like Iniesta.

  4. #2239
    Senior Member
    Trickykid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Copenhagen
    Posts
    6,627
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post
    Man must be feeling like a million bucks now that he finally got Dembele back from injury along with Coutinho signing today.

    He was doing well before but having those two here and now will be a dramatic boost for him during the second half of the season. Even if Phil can't play in the CL it allows us to rest key players like Iniesta.
    Yeah, there's is no way he or we could possibly have bad feelings about this scenario, but I really do wonder how EV will set up the team - especially in regards to Dembélé. He's had a lot of succes with 422 and switching to 433 to accomodate Dembélé could be a risk he's not willing to take at this point. So where will he play? Does he see Coutinho as a 1 to 1 Iniesta replacement or would he rather play him as a 10 or a more advance LW than The Don currently is?

    The upcoming period before we really enter the run-in for this season is going to be ridiculously interesting.

  5. #2240
    Barcaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Posts
    29,027
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickykid View Post
    Yeah, there's is no way he or we could possibly have bad feelings about this scenario, but I really do wonder how EV will set up the team - especially in regards to Dembélé. He's had a lot of succes with 422 and switching to 433 to accomodate Dembélé could be a risk he's not willing to take at this point. So where will he play? Does he see Coutinho as a 1 to 1 Iniesta replacement or would he rather play him as a 10 or a more advance LW than The Don currently is?

    The upcoming period before we really enter the run-in for this season is going to be ridiculously interesting.
    Would make sense to have Coutinho as direct Iniesta alternation. Things are working fine and we don't need confusion when Champions League ties come.
    Besides, Coutinho will have immediate impact. It's with Dembele that Valverde will have work cut out.

  6. #2241
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,422
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Valverde is going to keep more or less the same line up and as said use Coutinho to rest a few of them. Not only Iniesta but Messi as well at times.

    Can only really see Dembele being used more as an impact sub if everyone is fit and way team is him coming on for latter part of game could be deadly.

    Of course Dembele will start a lot but have feeling in crunch games he wont yet but will still be important.

  7. #2242
    Senior Member
    FCBfan22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    5,097
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the starting lineup for us, when everybody is healty, will be:

    Attacking:
    ----------------MATS----------------
    Roberto----Pique----Umtiti----Alba
    --------------Busquets--------------
    -------Rakitić--------Coutinho------
    Dembele-----Messi-----Suarez-----

    Defending:
    -----------------MATS-----------------
    Roberto----Pique------Umtiti----Alba
    Dembele-Rakitić-Busquets-Coutinho
    ---------Suarez---------Messi---------

    I think a lot depends on how good Dembele is at defending at that RM position. If he is good enough, I can see him playing a lot. But if he doesn't cut it defensively, he could be used as an impact sub more.

  8. #2243
    Senior Member
    Total-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rabat - Morocco
    Posts
    3,370
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stick to 4 4 2 for the rest of the season.. i can only see one way to accomodate dembele and that is playing him upfront next to messi in suarez s place. And in serious games choose either him or suarez for the role. The rest of the system shall remain intact. Next year we will have all time and personnel to calmly experiment. Judging by the conservative character of velverde i fully expect him to do that and not try to accomodate dembele at the expense of the team.

  9. #2244
    Member
    Birdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    418
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that Coutinho saga seems to be ending, we can see for sure our front 4 for this and the next season.
    And the system that works best with the current players is clearly 4-2-3-1
    now with
    Suarez
    Cou----Messi----Dembele
    and the permanent next season will be the same with Griezman instead of Suarez
    The question is who will play next to Busquets. We need a very good player to do that. For me the ideal will be Kante no1 who we are not planning to buy, Veratti no2 who we cannot buy.
    For now the best to play there is probably Paulinho. For the near future (summer) i see someone like Seri or Arthur coming

    And just to share an opinion i 100% agree
    https://twitter.com/RafaelH117/statu...28373156274176
    Last edited by Birdy; 7th January 2018 at 01:59 AM.
    Xavi's Cups

  10. #2245
    Senior Member
    MagIX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,182
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Now that Coutinho saga seems to be ending, we can see for sure our front 4 for this and the next season.
    And the system that works best with the current players is clearly 4-2-3-1
    now with
    Suarez
    Cou----Messi----Dembele
    and the permanent next season will be the same with Griezman instead of Suarez
    The question is who will play next to Busquets. We need a very good player to do that. For me the ideal will be Kante no1 who we are not planning to buy, Veratti no2 who we cannot buy.
    For now the best to play there is probably Paulinho. For the near future (summer) i see someone like Seri or Arthur coming

    And just to share an opinion i 100% agree
    https://twitter.com/RafaelH117/statu...28373156274176
    oh, yes, with 2 midfielders, very balanced team. I hope that someone remember also to defend...

    QUOTE (from link you posted) It's not a coincidence that Barça recovered much of its compactness as a team after Neymar left.

    This is exactly what Valverde BRILLANT did. We are back as team, as unit. Trashing us with 3-0 or 4-0 is not possible anymore, because
    we are a compact and a balanced team. Very impressive how much we improved tactically.

    Let's see how Valverde will do with Dembele and Coutinho, I have confiance in him, he will find space for both in an intelligent way. For sure he won't revolutionize the team.
    He impressed me and showed that he knows how important it is to have a compact and balanced team first of all.
    “I would love to have played at this club. I am envious of how well Guardiola's men can play. They are like a group of kids who play football in the street without rules. That is the best football, the most authentic, unfettered by tactics or schemes. Guardiola’s philosophy is helping to change the mindset of many tacticians and that is priceless.” Marco Van Basten

  11. #2246
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is exceptional is that we have so many options and a great manager that knows how to adjust things as needed.

    Semedo who is a pure RB vs. Roberto who is more versatile ... Pualinho who is a box to box player vs. Gomes who is a physical LCM/LW vs. Raki who is a pure CM vs. Iniesta who is a possession guru vs. Coutinho who is more of a traditional CAM vs. Dembele who is a pure winger vs. Paco who can support as a secondary ST ... And the list goes on and on

  12. #2247
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    762
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdy View Post
    Now that Coutinho saga seems to be ending, we can see for sure our front 4 for this and the next season.
    And the system that works best with the current players is clearly 4-2-3-1
    now with
    Suarez
    Cou----Messi----Dembele
    and the permanent next season will be the same with Griezman instead of Suarez
    The question is who will play next to Busquets. We need a very good player to do that. For me the ideal will be Kante no1 who we are not planning to buy, Veratti no2 who we cannot buy.
    For now the best to play there is probably Paulinho. For the near future (summer) i see someone like Seri or Arthur coming

    And just to share an opinion i 100% agree
    https://twitter.com/RafaelH117/statu...28373156274176
    Raki not Paulinho

  13. #2248
    Senior Member
    LeeRomeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    1,177
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have options and tactically smart coach. Gonna be nightmare for opposition.

  14. #2249
    You're welcome
    Origami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    7,680
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Improved every freaking line. Legend.

  15. #2250
    Member
    BarcaJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    295
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EV: Finally. The new season begins.
    Barto: You have one month to face Chelsea.
    EV:

    BTW we can finally see EV's style. He has been cleaning up the mess for too long. Now it's time to meet the real EV.