Page 148 of 161 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2402

Thread: Ernesto Valverde

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Origami View Post
    I am not saying we are not growing. I'd like us to develop and have a serious shot at the CL too. Ofcourse!
    What irks me is that now suddenly we receiving praise but the first time the team will disappoint there will be papers saying "this is not the Barca we were used to seeing, Barca abandoned their philosophy and are paying the price, Barca stopped being a joy to watch etc". Just the usual opportunistic behaviour from media.

That's what happened to Tata after that 4-0 win where we had less possession. After that Tata lost his nerve and the team went into free fall. I think Valverde is a stronger character though. We got savaged after Super cup loss and he knuckled down and has got results.

I have been very critical of him but his impact on the teams defence and organisation is undeniable. We actually look comfortable in defence both from open play and set pieces. Set pieces used to be a wild card even under Pep's reign but now we defend them better.

I think the jury is still out on Valverde. People should not get carried away just yet. Titles are won in May not December. We have a tough Cl tie with Chelsea and in La Liga we can't take our foot of the gas.

I just hope we get two players in. It's the least the board can do after the fiasco in the summer and Valverdes subsequent over achievement with the current squad.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see Valverde losing it like Tata did not by a longshot.

What happened this summer and the disastrous Supercup we had and losing Dembele to a pretty bad injury early on, it's real easy for any manager to look at that and struggle to overcome those issues. and tbh I would feel sorry for anyone who had to deal with the mess that happened.

Valverde despite all those issues we have had, he never let them affect him in the slightest. He was also vocal himself this summer in wanting more players, but even if we failed to bring him the players he requested and instead of being frustrated about it he decided to work with what he got.

Sure we all have complained about his squad selections and the footy being flat at times this season but if there's one thing I respect Valverde for is he never lost his cool and didn't let the issues that we had this summer not only affect him but also kept the squad from also being affected big time.
    Last edited by xXKonan; 27th December 2017 at 05:05 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GOATverde
    Puyol #5

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "And just kept on going, and going... to the point his side are 14 points clear at the top"

I know to many La Liga consist of only Barca and Real, but this is taking it a bit too far no?

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post
    I can't see Valverde losing it like Tata did not by a longshot.
    Valverde losing it is more unlikely for the simple reason Valverde is a better coach than Tata.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "And just kept on going, and going... to the point his side are 14 points clear at the top"

I know to many La Liga consist of only Barca and Real, but this is taking it a bit too far no?
    Yep. It's 9 points ahead of Atletico who are going to be stronger for Costa.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah people seem to forget about Atletico,Valencia etc.

Even if Real is struggling this season in the league, you can never count the likes of Atletico and Valencia out either. Even Valverde made note of that that people forget about Atletico and the others a bit to much as they can cause problems as well.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if Real is struggling this season in the league, you can never count the likes of Atletico and Valencia out either. Even Valverde made note of that that people forget about Atletico and the others a bit to much as they can cause problems as well.
    Valencia have no chance and Atletico dont really either.

As long as players act like that then its all good.

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't see the point of worriying about Atletico as they have been in the race for La Liga last couple of seasons. We usually have less than a 9 point lead on Real by this point of the season. Now it's on Atletico. If anything, Real closing in on us rather than Atletico is still more likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't see the point of worriying about Atletico as they have been in the race for La Liga last couple of seasons. We usually have less than a 9 point lead on Real by this point of the season. Now it's on Atletico. If anything, Real closing in on us rather than Atletico is still more likely.
    Costa joining Atletico scares me. He is type of player who can set a team on fire, but at the same time we have to remember: Atletico has played two home games vs Real and Barcelona, so they have away games left. Basically they need to win those games to have any chance catching us imo. Valencia could be threat, but it's more likely they will slowdown in the second half of the season.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Costa is going to be playing after 6 months. He is most likely going to have some trouble getting into rhythm and by the time he does, we will be out of sight.

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Costa joining Atletico scares me. He is type of player who can set a team on fire, but at the same time we have to remember: Atletico has played two home games vs Real and Barcelona, so they have away games left. Basically they need to win those games to have any chance catching us imo. Valencia could be threat, but it's more likely they will slowdown in the second half of the season.
    Costa will strengthen the team can't deny that, but not enough to convince me they will stop dropping points all of sudden. It's possible sure, but not very probable.

blaug also made the fair point about Costa's situation.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Costa will strengthen the team can't deny that, but not enough to convince me they will stop dropping points all of sudden. It's possible sure, but not very probable.

blaug also made the fair point about Costa's situation.
    You are posting sober at 6AM on your birthday.

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    You are posting sober at 6AM on your birthday.
    You're assuming I am in NL.