Ernesto Valverde - V1

Raketa10

Think about this for 2017/18! if we have to play by MSN, then we must make a TEAM behind them!
----------------------------- Mats
----- New CB ------------- Pique ------------------ Umtiti
Vidal---- Raki/New CM ------------- Busi --------------- Guerreiro/Lemar/Alba
---------- Messi ----------------------------Neymar
---------------------------- Suarez

Vidal in starting 11 :facepalm:

Richard.H

The new season could be really tough, especially in CL. Not that I have bad feelings about Valverde. Let's just wait for his press conference and our activities on the transfer market. The competition in CL will be harder considering which of the English teams will take part this year. Arsenal is a joke for years, Leicester was a one hit wonder and Pep's squad wasn't balanced yet.

United and City will spend big on the transfer market, you can expect some good transfers of Liverpool and Chelsea too. Chelsea/Liverpool are kind of a question mark as they had no international games this season. They will have to manage their squads differently next season, but they have lots of money to strenghten their squads. Conte's international record doesn't impress me, but Chelsea was always a tough opponent for Barça. Mou's teams/style too. Liverpool fucked us in last preseason. I know, it was just a friendly, but the losses vs PSG and Juve reminded me of this game.

We really missed a good chance this year as it will be way more difficult to win CL next year. I gotta admit though that Juve is a good team and you can withdraw against them over 2 games.

I never thought about this, but now that I think about it, you are definitely right. The CL is going to be a huge pain next year. Mou, Pep, Conte, Klopp, all very tactically astute managers who will give us a hard time if we play against them. It's unfortunate Arsenal isn't in the CL next year. We always do well against them.

Feels to me Valverde is coming into the club with a lot of pressure. Personally, I will be happy if we just take La Liga next year while showing some signs of playing good, organized, football. Making the CL semis will be a nice achievement considering we struggled so much to do so under Lucho. CDR I don't really care much about, feels like we always win that meaningless trophy.

I really hope he doesn't crack. Lucho is a mentally strong character (his stubbornness is both a pro and a con) but I'm not sure how Valverde will deal with a lot of criticism from the restless Catalan media and a locker room full of big egos.

serghei

If we take La Liga next season it will be great. CL is hit or miss. You need some luck to win it or an amazing team like our 2014-15 side. But we should be among the top 3 favorites, and with 2-3 good signings this summer we can make a serious challenge for it.

This year we really had no chance as we were tactically outclassed too many times, and last year we had a dip in form right at the worst time. Don't tell me you guys are scared of Liverpool, United, or Tottenham.

Yashar1899

If we take La Liga next season it will be great. CL is hit or miss. You need some luck to win it or an amazing team like our 2014-15 side. But we should be among the top 3 favorites, and with 2-3 good signings this summer we can make a serious challenge for it.

This year we really had no chance as we were tactically outclassed too many times, and last year we had a dip in form right at the worst time. Don't tell me you guys are scared of Liverpool, United, or Tottenham.

tactically outclassed? Is Real's tactics better than us? for me not, just they have very much good players than us. we need quality players first.

serghei

tactically outclassed? Is Real's tactics better than us? for me not, just they have very much good players than us. we need quality players first.

Of course, Madrid's tactics were better. No comparison. Better tactics, more focus in important moments. Those two were the most important factors. Then their better squad played a big part as well.

The first 11 of both teams is of similar quality. We actually managed to look like the better team in both games we played against Madrid this season. They have a superior midfield, we have a superior attack. Defence is about the same, with a slight advantage for them.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
We need new signings! There's not even a ripple in the water when it comes to transfer market involving barca. There's only so much we can say about the man when we don't know what options he'll have.

Yashar1899

Of course, Madrid's tactics were better. No comparison. Better tactics, more focus in important moments. Those two were the most important factors. Then their better squad played a big part as well.

The first 11 of both teams is of similar quality. We actually managed to look like the better team in both games we played against Madrid this season. They have a superior midfield, we have a superior attack. Defence is about the same, with a slight advantage for them.

- Of course, Madrid's tactics were better
Why a team with better tactics couldn't won over us in our nightmare season and nightmare period?

- The first 11 of both teams is of similar quality
Isco - Kovacic - Asensio - Nacho! all of them were on the bench for Real and if we had them we could won all cups of the season!

- We have a superior attack
IMO, Asensio and Benzema in 2016/17 were ahead of Neymar and Suarez in terms of effectiveness.

Last edited:

serghei

- Of course, Madrid's tactics were better
Why a team with better tactics couldn't won over us in our nightmare season and nightmare period?

- The first 11 of both teams is of similar quality
Isco - Kovacic - Asensio - Nacho! all of them were on the bench for Real and if we had them we could won all cups of the season!

- We have a superior attack
IMO, Asensio and Benzema in 2016/17 were ahead of Neymar and Suarez in terms of effectiveness.

1) Because everything can happen in clasicos when teams are close in value.

2) Not true.

3) Not true at all.

Yashar1899

1) Because everything can happen in clasicos when teams are close in value.

2) Not true.

3) Not true at all.

1. then why in 2008-2012 in clasicos we were winner before whistle? Cristiano, Kaka, Alonso, Benzema, Dimaria, by Pepe whom was 1 billion% better than Varane! by Casillas and etc. by Mourinho who was/is 1 billion % better than Zidane!!!???
2. 3. for me and base on our results is ;)

Home of Barca Fans