Ernesto Valverde - V1

M

MessiCam

Playing the devils advocate, is barca b in relegation so the players should be concentraing there, a good excuse?
It’s a rubbish excuse. La Masia is not a results orientated program. It is about developing players around a certain brand of football. The results are just a consequence.

At least that’s what La Masia was.

Neeraj

Like who?

Asensio, Varane, Lucas, Kovacic, with Theo and Ceballos in the pipeline (and though they don't get many minutes, still see more minutes than our B-team players). That is if you count Varane and Kovacic as young (they are both 24 and under I believe).

I don't think you can deny they have done a far better job at recruiting and even raising young players than Barcelona in the last few years.

Stoichkov1

Asensio, Varane, Lucas, Kovacic, with Theo and Ceballos in the pipeline (and though they don't get many minutes, still see more minutes than our B-team players). That is if you count Varane and Kovacic as young (they are both 24 and under I believe).

I don't think you can deny they have done a far better job at recruiting and even raising young players than Barcelona in the last few years.

Apart from lucas no one is from real madrid castilla. There's a big difference between developing players you buy and players you have from la masia. Generally when real buys a player it's because there's a high probability that they will be good/world class, the same can't be said for the players that come from the academy.

M

MessiCam

Llorente and Mayoral come from Castilla too. That’s 3... We have none.

behindbrowneyes

Playing the devils advocate, is barca b in relegation so the players should be concentraing there, a good excuse?

It took the club years to get promoted again, so yes, it is a good excuse. Midterm it is better for our La Masia boys to play in Segunda Division instead of Segunda B. Those years in this third-tier league have hurt the development of our young players.

Champions League tickets are quite expensive too and we have our next game in 5 days. I'm sure Messi wants to play because of the match rhythm and some other players like Gomes, Roberto and Deulofeu need match practice because we will need them in the coming weeks. Same goes for Piqué and Vermaelen who need to build confidence. Maybe Valverde takes advantage of this game and tests a 4-3-3 with Vidal on the right and Deulofeu on the left (he is better there).

FCBfan22

I don't have a problem with Messi starting (he probably wants to keep the match rythm going). But if he doesn't rest Busquets, plays Roberto at RB and doesn't try Digne at CB, then he is a fraud.

Givenchy

i dont even know what to say anymore, were winning i guess and our defense is solid.. i feel like we could fluke anything this season

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We played ok considering the personnel. Defense looked solid and we managed to score 2.

Don't know what you guys expected from Paco who noone rates and Suarez who is in worst form of his life.

I do have a beef with Alena being omitted completely but that's another story.

Home of Barca Fans