Ernesto Valverde - V1

Givenchy

can't totally blame him.. some of the average shit he has at his disposal right now.. Gomes, Rakitic, Suarez, Paco, Deulofeu etc we are just an average side these days

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We are playing worst football since 2003 and Rijkaard first season. 15 years I haven't seen so many shitshows entire autumn.

BBZ8800

We are playing worst football since 2003 and Rijkaard first season. 15 years I haven't seen so many shitshows entire autumn.

But basically, in these 15 years, we always had prime Xavi and Iniesta :thinking:

So, basically, we are playing the shittiest football since times when we actually didn't have Xavi and Iniesta...
I hope you guys see a coincidence.

I am not saying that we couldn't play nicer (in terms of beauty).
But this is the first time that we play without Xavi and Iniesta and on top of that, we have a team of a horror-level midfielders accumulated in the last 5 years of horrible transfers.

When you sum everything up, Valverde is a God.
I know that a lot of you believe that Denis-Alena etc midfields would bring us tons and beauty and awesome success.
Imo, no way.

So, EV is a magician considered which players he has on a disposal (until we buy better midfielders).

FCBfan22

Subbing Semedo, who has played well for defensively inept Vidal while we are only 1-0 up (the sub was ready at this point) is beyond me. Stupid cunt.

Stoichkov1

I agree completely with bbz, considering the team he has inherited Valverde is a magician to get these results. Potentially 11 points more than Real, 33 goals scored and 4 conceded(best defence in Europe so far) and first in the UCL group stage.

xXKonan

I don't get the Semedo-Vidal sub. I mean I seriously don't.

Semedo wasn't having the greatest game but subbing on Vidal at RB while trying to protect a lead? a guy who struggled defensively since the time he got here and was massacred during the Spanish Super cup? How the hell does that make any sense?

If he wanted to sub on Vidal just take off for Paco and let Vidal have a run at the wings. man I just don't know.

M

MessiCam

But basically, in these 15 years, we always had prime Xavi and Iniesta :thinking:

So, basically, we are playing the shittiest football since times when we actually didn't have Xavi and Iniesta...
I hope you guys see a coincidence.

I am not saying that we couldn't play nicer (in terms of beauty).
But this is the first time that we play without Xavi and Iniesta and on top of that, we have a team of a horror-level midfielders accumulated in the last 5 years of horrible transfers.

When you sum everything up, Valverde is a God.
I know that a lot of you believe that Denis-Alena etc midfields would bring us tons and beauty and awesome success.
Imo, no way.

So, EV is a magician considered which players he has on a disposal (until we buy better midfielders).

It’s no excuse for the horror shows. There are teams with way less talent that at least look half decent when they play because they have a workable system. We just look like shit. He’s done jack shit with the squad since the early games other than make us worse by shaping the team around Suárez instead of Messi.

This is the first time I feel that Messi should leave and drop Barcelona into mediocrity once and for all.

It’s no excuse for the horror shows. There are teams with way less talent that at least look half decent when they play because they have a workable system. We just look like shit. He’s done jack shit with the squad since the early games other than make us worse by shaping the team around Suárez instead of Messi.

This is the first time I feel that Messi should leave and drop Barcelona into mediocrity once and for all.

I'd say that 7 points clear at the top with 34 points out of a possible 36 suggest that the system is working very well.

blaugrana1987

Valverde is amazing. We should have won agains Atletico and there wouldnt be comparable coach in barca history who took team soo weak to open season so good.

KingLeo10

i bet these "messi should go elsewhere" nonsense wouldn't be occuring if city weren't looking as good as they are. would be nothing short of opportunism to jump on that wagon, thankfully messi stands for more than that.

dakt

At this point it's hard to firmly state anything about Valverde. Suarez is now a huge issue and of course the very known problem of midfield is still far from being solved.
We have huge advantage over RM, our defense is doing really well, but everything else is questionable and not sure if adequate enough to bring us any chances in the CL.
How much will Dembele's return help us is really questionable. I don't count him to be a major factor this season, but who knows....maybe he turns out to be a wonder kid.

M

MessiCam

I'd say that 7 points clear at the top with 34 points out of a possible 36 suggest that the system is working very well.

The system is working because Madrid has been dropping points? We’re playing ugly football with 65% possession on average. For the umpteenth time the opposition has created more opportunities than us. Ter Stegen is by far Valverde’s most important player this season. Let that sink in.

FCBfan22

The results are there. But today we were incredibly lucky. We scored the 2nd second just seconds after he did probably the stupidest substitution this season. I believe that it was suicidal to bring Aleix on with being only 1 goal in front. Hopefully he doesn't start Aleix against Juventus, since Douglas Costa will probably eat him alive.

Home of Barca Fans