Ernesto Valverde - V1

M

MessiCam

[youtube]EKpoHGfLwUI[/youtube]

Here is a replay of the full match, I hope this helps you two settle your argument.
It is useless. I’ve tried explaining this before. There is big difference between a 4-4-2 than transitions to a 4-3-3 in attack and a 4-3-3 that transitions to a 4-4-2 in defence. The change in tactic happened after the goal...

But I’m done arguing with Jamdav.

JamDav1982

It is useless. I’ve tried explaining this before. There is big difference between a 4-4-2 than transitions to a 4-3-3 in attack and a 4-3-3 that transitions to a 4-4-2 in defence. The change in tactic happened after the goal...

But I’m done arguing with Jamdav.

Try explaining all you like but when claiming Paco played RM yesterday it is false no matter how long you stare at formations on whoscored.

That heat map shows how little time he spent there and it was due to him occasionally falling back to defend more than anything.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

Unfortunately it's not Suarez's form that has him playing poorly, he has just massively declined. Ever since the treble season he has been steadily declining, his finishing however was enough to prop him up as great player. Now that he's starting to lose that as well it's all but over for him. Even a demoralized, unfit Paco starting after being benched for a month finished his chances when he got them at made Luis look like a B team player. Right now Suarez is a direct detriment to our play and it's only a matter of time before his form starts costing us points. Literally anyone in our squad would be better than him right now.

The guy is about to turn 31 in January and has been steadily declining for the past two years. This formation isn't doing Messi and favours either, Messi has been at his best this season when he operates at as a false 9 in a 4-3-3 system. It's not like we were leaking goals in that system either, but we were scoring a lot more though. Valverde has switched to this broken 4-4-2 just to shoehorn Suarez into his natural position, but so far he hasn't improved one bit.

Rumor is he's going to get that cyst in his knee operated on during the international break. I'm willing to give him one more month after that to asses whether or not it was truly the injury holding back. If he continues in this form however even Valverde will be forced to bench him.

In January once we get Dembele back I believe this should be our front 3:

Dembele-Messi(false 9)-Roberto

Is our squad the worst it has been in years? Probably, but despite that Suarez does not deserve to be starting anymore.

Sorry, I can't take seriously any posts (about how Valverde is bad) where Denis is a starter LW for a club as good as Barca or where Roberto is starting RW or a Cm.

Pep’s Barça defended by keeping the ball away from the opposition. He didn’t park a bus.

Pep's Barca and Pep's style lasted 4 years out of our 118 years history.

In other 114 years, when Barca needed to defend, well, we usually defended like all other teams in the world.
With defenders and with not attacking that much.

People need to stop comparing everything with Pep's Barca.
That was a perfect moment in our history with the best players ever (lucky La Masia gems) in Xavi-Iniesta, prime alien, one and only, who will never be repeated, Messi, and with lots of other La Masia gems in Puyol, Busquets, Valdes, Pedro etc.

Other managers don't have prime Xavi-Iniesta-Messi-Busquets.
All we have lately from La Masia is Lord Bartra, Samper, Lord Gumbau, IQ bugged Adama, players like Munir, Sandro, Halilovic, and the best player Alena who is currently losing 10-20 easy balls per match (oh, people will jump on this with replies: but he is trying things. Well, he needs to improve a lot. Wasting 15 balls and making 3 good passes is currently way worse than Raki's plays of 50 safe passes. Lost balls means that Messi will see the ball less and we don't need that).

Anyway, stop comparing the world with Pep's Barca.

During 98% of other history, our football was way different than Pep's football.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Try explaining all you like but when claiming Paco played RM yesterday it is false no matter how long you stare at formations on whoscored.

That heat map shows how little time he spent there and it was due to him occasionally falling back to defend more than anything.
Yeah, that’s why some 60% of his touches happened in midfield...

A79191C1-E453-4250-A94D-E2E8ACB9911B.jpg

Try again...

JamDav1982

Which proves absolutely nothing that the heat map doesnt show.

Try again.

Quite clear again showing he didnt play RM. Well done.

Has more touches in centre and left forward areas there than does at RM.

Keep them coming.

M

MessiCam

Which proves absolutely nothing that the heat map doesnt show.

Try again.

Quite clear again showing he didnt play RM. Well done.

Has more touches in centre and left forward areas there than does at RM.

Keep them coming.
You’re just pig headed man. He spent only 2% less time in midfield than Iniesta... Lol.

If you want I can show you?

JamDav1982

You’re just pig headed man. He spent only 2% less time in midfield than Iniesta... Lol.

If you want I can show you?

He had about a fifth of his touches at right mid and had more in centre and left areas of attack and none in right hand side of attack.

Didnt play RM.

Iniesta has no relevance and you have demonstrated how little touches he had in RM and RW area of park for someone who supposedly played RM.

Paco dropped to help defend a lot so would expect a decent time in midfield zone there.

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't take seriously any posts (about how Valverde is bad) where Denis is a starter LW for a club as good as Barca or where Roberto is starting RW or a Cm.

The only player worse than Denis at LW at Roberto at RW for a club like Barca is a third rate striker like Suarez. A benched, demoralized Paco started yesterday and emasculated our supposed "world class striker" and "second best player". My post was about Suarez, not about Valverde being bad, but I doubt you took the time to read it.

M

MessiCam

He had about a fifth of his touches at right mid and had more in centre and left areas of attack and none in right hand side of attack.

Didnt play RM.

Iniesta has no relevance and you have demonstrated how little touches he had in RM and RW area of park for someone who supposedly played RM.

Paco dropped to help defend a lot so would expect a decent time in midfield zone there.

Actually 35% of his touches were wide right and that is not withstanding those right next to the flanks in the half space.

JamDav1982

Actually 35% of his touches were wide right and that is not withstanding those right next to the flanks in the half space.

Wide right is subjective but going to go with outside of 18 yd line and about a fifth were and had more in central/left areas of park.

Have already said expect a bit more touches on right side as on occasion dropped in to defend but his passes and touches dont show a player playing RM.

Nor does his highlights videos or the 90 mins match footage.

So basically, Valverde is Luis Enrique with good manners...

Yes.

Lucho is the bad boy that takes your daughter out to the movies, brings her home late, and fucks her in your own house.

Valverde is the nice guy that says he's taking your daughter out to the movies, instead takes her to the woods and fucks her there, but returns her on time.

Home of Barca Fans