Ernesto Valverde - V1

Vilarrubi

Valverde wants to continue as of today until 2020. He has apparently won the dressing room over, Messi respects him a lot and he has a fluid relationship with the board and technical department.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20190208/46288256873/valverde-quiere-seguir.html

Surely if there was a “Roma” type exit from the CL again he would have to leave beforehand. Call me spoilt but even if we won a domestic double again and went out in the same fashion in the CL I’d want him gone.

Gaudi

Surely if there was a “Roma” type exit from the CL again he would have to leave beforehand. Call me spoilt but even if we won a domestic double again and went out in the same fashion in the CL I’d want him gone.

That's the key, noone can guarantee CL but we must look competitive and not like club just waiting to step on a mine.

Leo_Messi

In complete agreement. While I don't like the CL format due to the huge luck factor involved in knockout competitions and random draws, I can't deny, nor the club or fanbase for that matter, that the CL should be the priority this season.

A lot will depend on the potential successor of Valverde this summer. Not sure if I would like to trade Valverde for the likes of say Abelardo or Setién. Most likely not.

If we win the league title (should always be the priority), CdR and reach the CL-semifinal (preferably the final and winning it) without an embarrassing CL-semifinal exit, I would be inclined to give Valverde another final year if there are no obvious substitute for him this summer.

By 2020, better managers might be avaiable and a few of the old guards (Rakitic, Vidal, Piqué, Suárez etc.) might (likely will) be gone as well.

Last edited:

shadows

For me, a decent CL exit is what I am hoping for. The way we are playing and how easy opponents find to open our defense up especially on Pique's side, the only way we are making the finals is if the opponents themselves wet the bed and park the bus and not attack us... If Valverde abandons this failed midfield combination and the Sergi as RB thing, then maybe we have a chance. But the slow coach midfield we currently have and the lack of movement on all areas of the pitch worries me...

League, I am not too concerned since neither are Atleti nor Real doing well. So we should win it. Copa, I could care less although if we do end up winning it, great but only as long as our squad don't turn up exhausted for Champions ties.

clemente

For me, a decent CL exit is what I am hoping for. The way we are playing and how easy opponents find to open our defense up especially on Pique's side, the only way we are making the finals is if the opponents themselves wet the bed and park the bus and not attack us... If Valverde abandons this failed midfield combination and the Sergi as RB thing, then maybe we have a chance. But the slow coach midfield we currently have and the lack of movement on all areas of the pitch worries me...

League, I am not too concerned since neither are Atleti nor Real doing well. So we should win it. Copa, I could care less although if we do end up winning it, great but only as long as our squad don't turn up exhausted for Champions ties.

What kind of a fan hopes for a "Decent CL exit" instead of winning it, wtf am I reading

FinBarcelonafan

What kind of a fan hopes for a "Decent CL exit" instead of winning it, wtf am I reading

Have you seen our last few years in CL? Embarrassment after embarrassment. As long as we go down against a good team after playing good series, we can happy.

I hate to say it, but I don't think our team is good enough to win CL. Our team defense is awful and we are too slow and old in offense, too static and easy to defend against. Any good team will murder us in their home game.

clemente

Have you seen our last few years in CL? Embarrassment after embarrassment. As long as we go down against a good team after playing good series, we can happy.

I hate to say it, but I don't think our team is good enough to win CL. Our team defense is awful and we are too slow and old in offense, too static and easy to defend against. Any good team will murder us in their home game.

We are still first or second favourite to win CL, it doesn't matter how shit we looked in the past, not winning CL is a massive failure for such squad. Don't tell me you would be happy after going down "while playing well", we have Messi and if we don't win CL again it will be depressing, no matter how well we play.

God Serena

We are still first or second favourite to win CL, it doesn't matter how shit we looked in the past, not winning CL is a massive failure for such squad. Don't tell me you would be happy after going down "while playing well", we have Messi and if we don't win CL again it will be depressing, no matter how well we play.

You might as well start scheduling your therapy appointments now, because Valverde is not the man to bring us a CL trophy. Would be shocked if we even made the semis, tbh. CL success has not mattered a single bit to this club since we won that treble all those years ago.

FC433

I agree with you. Our squad is quite good and we should not expect anything less than winning CL. I would not be upset if that does not happen, but I think our expectations should always be high.

I mean look at this:
[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="fr" dir="ltr">Messi on &#55357;&#56605;&#55357;&#56504; <a href="https://t.co/TDCvJlunlA">pic.twitter.com/TDCvJlunlA</a></p>— B/R Football (@brfootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1093847024309555205?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 8, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[/tw]
Why are we paying these players that much?

and here is how much EV earns:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dy3XaWTW0AAXqxh?format=jpg&name=large
He gets paid more than Pep

Attachments

• Dy3XaWTW0AAXqxh.jpg
    Dy3XaWTW0AAXqxh.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 8

messi2140

6racies Xavi
YTiNXVs.png

CGR9eWq.png

pUbNIG0.png

giphy.gif

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Man, these last few years been awful in CL. Only great memory is beating PSG 6-1 but even that was embarrassing because we had to beat them that much. I hope we do well but we are not exactly playing modern football and it shows in CL.

Home of Barca Fans