Ernesto Valverde - V1

LeoXavi

In the same way as if you decide to support Man Utd you have to sympathize with the Busby babes, Liverpool with the 96, etc etc if you choose to support Barcelona, even from afar, you have to respect their past of oppression at the hands of Franco and how that is synonymous with Real Madrid. And it is not hot air - it was very real and only recently we saw it when old women were being hit by police batons in the head because they were trying to perform a democratic vote. We then saw a huge wave of support for those actions the next time Madrid played at the Bernabeu.

Given that, for 'fans' to want Barca to get thrashed in the Copa final with some misguided belief that it will have any influence on Valverde getting sacked ( it almost certainly wouldn't ) is just absolutely disgusting and is symbolic of a spoilt, plastic fanbase that is only happy when it is winning, and even then most are only happy when that win has come whilst playing Brazil 1970 football.

Barcelona is a Catalan club, that doesn't mean that foreign fans have to bow to their every Catalan whim, it means that foreign fans need to respect their desires and ideals. What Barca have done domestically recently is extraordinary given the various discrimination and hatred towards them in Spain ( All the refs are well known to support Madrid, the Liga president is a Madrid fan - openly and with no shame ).

I want Valverde gone and I view the CL 5 times more important than a CDR, but those 'fans' who want Barca humiliated in front of a Spanish country where they are already fighting so many uphill battles are simply ridiculous 'fans' who deserve little more than a Valverde Barca to support/hate upon.

idiot.barcelona has always had a foreign influence.check your own history and the flag of the club and you will understand

idiot.barcelona has always had a foreign influence.check your own history and the flag of the club and you will understand

You have the right to disagree with me - but because you are too immature to do it without insulting me whilst hiding behind your computer - I kindly ask that you don't reply to my posts in future.

You have alot of cheek for a new user

Not at all. I've never insulted anyone here and expect the same back - not a lot to ask. I've noticed that if people disagree with someone here they think they have the right to insult them - which would never happen in real life and is just plain cowardice. And I've also noticed that some users seem to think that because they have a few thousand posts to their name, that makes their opinion more valid than a newcomer (not referring to you btw). Maybe that's why so few newcomers end up staying a while.

Messigician

Not at all. I've never insulted anyone here and expect the same back - not a lot to ask. I've noticed that if people disagree with someone here they think they have the right to insult them - which would never happen in real life and is just plain cowardice. And I've also noticed that some users seem to think that because they have a few thousand posts to their name, that makes their opinion more valid than a newcomer (not referring to you btw). Maybe that's why so few newcomers end up staying a while.

The guy you were replying to is a new user too lol

henias

What makes Liverpool so scary? A forum full of cuckold Barca fans that's what. :lol:

"Never insulted anyone", "respect" lol. Calling people cowards the most on here and then claim they are all too negative, pathetic. After the debacle, you tried to tone down and reason but that's because you were proven awfully wrong.

Real comedy, we all know why you even created this troll account in the first place.

BBZ8800

He is the fifth Barca manager to win La Liga in his first two seasons. Not so special when you have Messi. But i cant remember another humiliation in CL like his Roma and Liverpool maches except when we played without manager against Bayern. Its pretty telling imo.

There was that 4:0 loss against Milan...

No. Far from it. A final is very different. Give Cruyff Messi and 3 goals lead and will see what happens.

Also you are comparing this Roma or Liverpool with their best players injured to that Milan?

Cruijff won a CL in 1992.
And then, managed to lose to CSKA Moscow in the round of 16 in 1993'.
We had 1:1 in the first leg in Moscow and we were leading 2:0 at Camp Nou.
Cruijff managed to lose 2:3 in the 2nd half and got knocked out by mighty CSKA Moscow when we were defending Champions.

In the next season, Cruijff has learned a lesson.
He again played all out attacking and lost 0:4 to Milan in Athens, even though we were 99:1 favorites according to all neutral fans back then.

EV made horrible mistakes.
And yes, he should go.
But some of you guys make it sound as if Barcelona never had horrible mistakes in Europe (well, we didn't have those in Pep's and post Pep's era when we accidentally had the best midfield duo Xavi-Iniesta plus Messi).
In our history before that, we had tons of incredibly horrible European results.
Again, there is a strong reason why Barca won only 1 CL title in the first 105 years of our existence.

Also, the other guy laughed at my comment how EV is safe bet in La Liga.
He said that we won 6 out 10 titles before Valverde.
Lol, that is 6 out 10.
That's far from 2 out 2.

Also, some guys are acting now that we would won a title with ANY crazy lineup, just because we have Messi.
Some guys will get offended, but there is no way that we would win a title with a random new manager and let's say Malcom-Messi-Dembele, Frenkie-Arthur-Alena lineup, lol.

Messi is Messi, but Rijkaard managed to lose 2 titles with Messi, mighty Pep lost one, Tata lost one, Lucho lost one and almost lost another one in a 2nd season where we lost 10 points advantage over Zidane's Real.
That's almost 5 lost La Ligas in 10 years WITH MESSI.

I am not saying that EV should stay, but posts here lately are quite similar to those posts from earlier in a season:
Let's bench Suarez, even Abel Ruiz would be better in this moment. Lol, no.
Let's bench Pique, everyone would be better in this moment.
Let's sack EV, any Barcaforum member would do a better job with Malcom, Dembele, Alena, Arthur as starters.

Not every coach will win La Liga for us in the next season.
And no, we won't win La Liga with every crazy lineup filled with forum's favorites just because we have Messi.

Again, people will get angry, but statistically for now:
Alena started 6 matches in La Liga.
When he was a starter, Barca won only 3 out 6.

Or, Malcom.
He had 5 starts in La Liga.
Barca won only 1 match out of 5 when Malcom started as a starter.
I know that he played some matches in mixed lineups, btw.

Ev did lot of bad things.
But he wasn't wrong in everything.
And our team and lots of average players won't start to play good just because EV is gone or just because fans have too high hopes of them.

Last edited:

Judoman

Ev did lot of bad things.
But he wasn't wrong in everything.
And our team and lots of average players won't start to play good just because EV is gone or just because fans have too high hopes of them.

He won 4(3) out of 6, which is good. I would accept boring brand of football ifor a few years if it would bring CL. I don t think the guy had much choice of playing stile with this team.
With Messi and Suarez in attack and slow midfield you are forced to play pragmatically in order to leak as little as possible in defense. Two insane losses were the deal braker. Such losses can lead to change in mentality, so
the guy should be replaced ASAP.
But that is not enough. If the next guy has the same personnel problems (slow and immobile MF/ATT) things will not change much in terms of play stile or the results will drop.

serghei

:lol:

BBZ completely ignoring the fact that the only similar team in terms of value of the players has imploded in the last two season of La Liga. Madrid weren't even at the races in 2017-18 and 2018-19. Any decent manager would win La Liga with this Barca squad if Madrid doesn't put up a fight.

Take Madrid out of the equation and La Liga is almost like Ligue 1 in terms of title fight.

Atletico try hard, but jammy 1-0 wins don't get you league titles.

Last edited:
"Never insulted anyone", "respect" lol. Calling people cowards the most on here and then claim they are all too negative, pathetic. After the debacle, you tried to tone down and reason but that's because you were proven awfully wrong.

Real comedy, we all know why you even created this troll account in the first place.

Don't take it too seriously, was a joke, hence the :lol: But I can tell you dislike me because I dared to write a post that you disagreed with(disgraceful isn't it:lol:). And yeah this place is full of negativity, but unlike other positive people I won't be hounded out, or pressured to change my viewpoint. Your going to have to grin and bear it. And what debacle and where was I proven wrong? Show me.

serghei

[MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION],

Let me put it this way.

If you take Madrid out of the equation (like they have been in the last 2 years), we would've won 10 of the last 11 titles.

Ernie has won 2 out of those 10.

That's basically your argument.

Alik

:lol:

BBZ completely ignoring the fact that the only similar team in terms of value of the players has imploded in the last two season of La Liga. Madrid weren't even at the races in 2017-18 and 2018-19. Any decent manager would win La Liga with this Barca squad if Madrid doesn't put up a fight.

Take Madrid out of the equation and La Liga is almost like Ligue 1 in terms of title fight.

Atletico try hard, but jammy 1-0 wins don't get you league titles.

Not to mention that 89 points typically isn't enough to win the league when Madrid puts up a fight.

Home of Barca Fans