Ernesto Valverde - V1

Alik

To everyone whining. We're still in pole position to win the treble. I'm sure that we're going to thrash Real once again since their squad this season isn't strong enough to match ours. I mean, come on, do you seriously think that the side guided by Santi Solari can pose us some threat? :lol: We have the best squad since the season 2014/15 when we won a treble.

Also, a lot of of people are afraid of Lyon but I'm sure this squad has matured enough not to underestimate them and that we'll advance without any problem at all. Roma scenario repeats once per 10 seasons or more. EV won't repeat the same mistake, that's for sure. We're the second favorites according to the bookies for winning the CL.

And of course, if EV wins the treble this season, he'll stay one more season because he will have the trust of the board and the players. And the chances for that are high.

Bold predictions, not really based on anything right now.

Sorin

tenor.gif

Replace Doug with shitshow and that is exactly my reaction at the match yesterday.

Havesaks

Rome 2.0 is coming and i won't be suprised if its vs Lyon of all teams (farmer memes will require a media blackout for cules).

our manager is not average, hes below average and is pretty much retarded in all aspects of managing which hes shown us during his time here over and over again. he doesn't learn atall, he has pre-planned subs set in stone despite the flow of the game. he has golden boys like Bob and Raki who play no matter what.

then you have his man management or lack thereof. Malcom is given 10mins here and there, doesn't score? put him in the stands, farmer league bum. Semedo wins us a penalty and is our only actual RB :lol: sub him off so the loser on the other side gets to play a position hes not even supposed to fucking play in (RB), hes a midfielder and an average one at that.

hes totally cucked by our seniors.. what you see is not EV's Barca, its Pique and co's Barca who put themselves first ahead of the club despite playing shit and thats why its always been nonsense when people say 'heh Barca don't even need a manager that team could run itself'

Valverde is not a below average manager. He did good work in every club he has managed, but you could argue that he is failcasted to be a coach for Barcelona and maybe even for top teams in general, allthough i could see him as a good Chelsea-coach or even for Tottenham who have a different ideology then us. So stop disrespecting him, because for me he also seems really dedicated to his job here, and deseves respect for that, and for the first season, i dont think any manager would have done it better after ney-gate. The club should maybe gotten a more suited manager this summer, but i dont think anyone was available at the time (not one i can think of at least). I dont know all the managers around but you are free to suggest one. I do agree with the club that we should keep valverde if there isnt an obvious manager on the market. Of the more well-known managers i would like to see Klopp here. Or Pep may soon leave City and maybe we can convince him. Koeman would be ok as well, but i doubt he will get better results, but he will play more the barca way.

Well you only point out the negative. Fact is also we won the double and are now leading la liga, good chances to win the copa and champions league. Valverde has certainly been the better manager of him,Tito and Tata. Only Pep was obvious better.

Havesaks

At this point, I'm fully prepared for him to stay one more year.

Fully prepared for the rumors that he's fighting tooth and nail with the board to keep Rakitic at all costs, despite this being a perfect chance to get some money out of him with him turning 31.

Fully prepared to walk into the season with Rakitic, Busi, Pique, etc being starters still. With Alena, Arthur, Frenkie, Vidal? being forced to fight for the last CM spot in the Midfield while we have to watch Both the declining duo of Busi and Rakitic be glued to the other CM spots.

It seems like whining by my part but it's becoming so god damn predictable at this point.

I think him staying here isnt that bad a choice - can you name an available coach who you would rather see next season?

And im also in for selling rakitic, but if Valverde thinks he cant make it work without him, then we should keep him. Im not sure how this would reflect on buying MDL, and to miss out on him would really be a shame tho. Having a midfield squad of De jong, Sergio, Rakitic, Vidal, arthur and alena should be fine. Its not like Alena wouldnt get enough game time, or Arthur or de Jong. They are still talents, and playing for club as big as barca its allright if they dont play all the time. Valverde does play the younger player more and more: Alena, dembele, semedo and arthur. As they gradually get better, he trusts them more, and they will play more. You make it sound like Sergio and Rakitic havent regressed in played minutes ,they have, and this will continue next season. Malcolm is the odd one out, but we can sell him and get a more suited winger for next season. Its not like malcom is a tier 1 talent. I would like a Pedro kind of winger who covers a lot of ground in stead of malcom.

But yeah in an ideal world, we would get the next young pep manager and sell rakitic. But we would still need a rabiot/rakitic kind of player , because Alena, Arthur, de jong (+ sergio and vidal) wont cut it, not yet if we wanna compete for all trophies. They are not ready to be our leading midfielders. And thats why im fine rakitic staying for one more season at least.

Morten

Barcelona is going to win pretty much every la liga title ever now, its just destiny.
Even when they actually slip up, everybody else does as well, so yeah, hopeless situation.

Cule4life

The Culest
The Devil has assured Valverde the league and will collect in the CL, the same as last year.

On a serious note- Lol at the people criticizing Valverde for rotations against Valencia. Atletico and Madrid are complete shit this year and will regularly drop points. If anything he didn't rotate enough. Pique and Rakitic are still playing too much for the grandpas they are. And poor Alba can't get any rest cos of insane forward looking vision by Barto and the gang.

Givenchy

Valverde is not a below average manager. He did good work in every club he has managed, but you could argue that he is failcasted to be a coach for Barcelona and maybe even for top teams in general, allthough i could see him as a good Chelsea-coach or even for Tottenham who have a different ideology then us. So stop disrespecting him, because for me he also seems really dedicated to his job here, and deseves respect for that, and for the first season, i dont think any manager would have done it better after ney-gate. The club should maybe gotten a more suited manager this summer, but i dont think anyone was available at the time (not one i can think of at least). I dont know all the managers around but you are free to suggest one. I do agree with the club that we should keep valverde if there isnt an obvious manager on the market. Of the more well-known managers i would like to see Klopp here. Or Pep may soon leave City and maybe we can convince him. Koeman would be ok as well, but i doubt he will get better results, but he will play more the barca way.

Well you only point out the negative. Fact is also we won the double and are now leading la liga, good chances to win the copa and champions league. Valverde has certainly been the better manager of him,Tito and Tata. Only Pep was obvious better.

Maybe below average was harsh but when you see some of his decisions or lack thereof, its hard to look past the guy being a total amatuer out of his depth. i don't see why Chelsea or Spurs would want EV after seeing what hes reduced one of the most talented squads in the world to.. plus his horrible man management of Malcom and Semedo should be a red flag to young players wanting to join Barca.

is he really that dedicated? today Ole, a stand-in manager for United, was at the Lyon PSG match scouting their next opponents.. i've never seen EV doing that. you know why? because EV is stubborn and isn't open to different approaches; this is why come the Lyon tie, we'll see Busi-Raki in midfield and a Bob shitshow at RB with all of our seniors exhausted. managers are supposed to bring players up a level and play based on performances.. yet with EV he has his golden boys and his subs are most likely set in stone before the match begins, theres no reaction to the flow of the game.

look at the Roma match and tell me, why (when we are struggling on the edge of elimination from the CL) did he bring Gomes on - a player who was extremely low on confidence AS THE FIRST SUB in that atmosphere? he had Dembele on the damn bench and he brings Gomes on to try and protect our aggregate.. seriously i want to know the thinking behind this sub because to this day i can't understand it and that is not a Barca type move. since when do we batten down the hatches and hang on for dear life vs Roma level teams?

people can keep pointing to our double last season + the almost unbeaten run but like with most things in football, stats don't tell us the whole story. to go unbeaten last season in la liga playing as we did in most games would of been a mockery to the leagues quality and to other invincibles

Cule4life

The Culest
Maybe below average was harsh

It wasn't harsh enough. The dude has no vision/team structure/squad management/player development. Just the seniors doing their thing on the pitch, deciding when to play and when to rest themselves and Messi being Messi bailing us out. Give this man an inferior squad and he wouldn't win anything.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Valverde: "El Valencia empezó muy bien, pero después el partido era nuestro y teníamos al rival metido en el área. Hay veces en los que te sorprende cómo van los encuentros"

("Valencia started very well, but afterwards the match was ours and we had the rival in the box, there are times when you're surprised how the matches go")

Tactical mastermind being surprised about how matches go :valverde2:

haha good one

Meaningless trophy you dumb cow!

u r right.....

for many barca fan only meaningful trophy is champions cup.

u will likely feel disappointed after every season if that is only thing that matters.

thats y we have many fan like u who want sell every player and fire every coach after end of season and raging like world ending or somethings........

Home of Barca Fans