Ernesto Valverde - V1

El Flaco

I've been reading this forum for quite some time now. Never thought, i'd become a registred member – until now.

This is not a "one-off" result. I saw these past two results (Roma and Liverpool) coming before the whistle was even given. The past two years have been nothing but "exhausting". Every Saturday & Sunday i have prepared myself for the game – get some snacks, non-alcoholic beer and wait for the game to begin. I'm always hopeful that MAYBE this week i'll be entertained. But that has not happened since Mr. Valverde took over. I do not want to exaggerate, but i can NOT think any "magnificient" performance, where i was like: "wow, we REALLY could be something this year." Every "4-0, 5-0" (god knows how few of these results are there) has been unimpressive, boring and negative-minded. No "killer-instinct." Every week's been the same – 2 years running, and it will not stop until this manager is gone. I'm not gonna even talk about the team selections, substitutions, etc.

No one fears us anymore. We are not playing beautiful football anymore. We were s*it against Lyon. We were s*it against ManU (do not even try to tell me that we were 4 goals "better" than them, stop it.).
And on top of that – we were completely HUMILIATED against Liverpool. This Camp Nou victory was a fluke (read: Celtic vs Barca in 2012). A fluke that will NEVER happen again.

I want my Barcelona back. I want my joy back. I want my Saturdays and Sundays back.
Just go. Just leave, Valverde.

I finished my thesis yesterday. Thanks for the reward, Ernesto.

Raw thoughts.

+1

Welcome to this forum mate! :)

Andrew M

I'm curious what top clubs will fight to get his signing. :lol: That says a lot.

Emery got the Arsenal job. Would Valverde get something like a Dortmund, or a United, or at least a Roma?

:lol:

Let's be real here. No serious club would ever touch him. Bilbao is his level.

I reckon Sevilla would have a look at him

Slevinn

Because everyone is paralysed in shock. What looked, possibly, as a treble season now turned into biggest joke of the year in football. They are cowards all of them. From Bartomeu, Valverde, to all the captains.
Well I believe that the president should not fire Valverde just because he is in shock. But thats the (sad) thing, he wont fire him after the shock wears off because our season doesent look that bad on paper and Valverde got us to the Copa final and other BS reasons.

So im hoping this negative momentum atleast brings something good with it and we can work towards the future.

Zidane82

Players are with Valverde because he lets them do what they want and play regardless of form.

This isn't just about 4-0. We've been playing poor football for most of the time in these 2 years.

Suarez, Busquets and co are great guys, I bet, but you can't let players run the team. Furthermore players without 1 true leader among them.

Many of these numpties are not bothered about the rubbish football we’ve been playing they’re happy to win La Liga and the Copa Del Krapo

serghei

If I had to guess which color it would be brown. Because we played like total shit.

Ffs , How do you lose against Origi , Shaqiri etc. Hope this cockroach is out by the end of the week.

It is not uncommon.

A common trait of great manager is that they sometimes get their players pumped up, which can lead to said players playing way above their normal capabilities for a brief period. Then the key is to use that and build consistency. Imagine Origi right now. He's like a new player. He has realized that he can actually do all those things and be decisive.

This is one of the best ways to improve a player. Force him, fill him with confidence, and while some will fail, other players would use that to play at a superior level. Do that enough times, and you have won a player.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
It is not uncommon.

A common trait of great manager is that they sometimes get their players pumped up, which can lead to said players playing way above their potential for a brief period.

This is one of the best ways to improve a player. Force him, fill him with confidence, and while some will fail, other players would use that to play at a superior level. Do that enough times, and you have won a player.

Yh , just shows how superior of a manager Klopp is. But Im just out here venting man , because I still cant believe we lost in such an embarassing way again.

serghei

Yh , just shows how superior of a manager Klopp is. But Im just out here venting man , because I still cant believe we lost in such an embarassing way again.

He's like in a totally different league to Valverde. Not even on the same map. Klopp is maybe no1 right now, while Ernie wouldn't even be a top 5 manager in England.

Dinho10

This is no longer surprising. Roma away should had been a one off but it happened multiple times under Fraudverde (away at Levente last season, Sevilla in the Copa and now this). We become so far off from our identity, he turned us into an Athletic Bilbao if they have Messi. Only De Hag or Klopp can restore respect back to the club.

FinBarcelonafan

It is not uncommon.

A common trait of great manager is that they sometimes get their players pumped up, which can lead to said players playing way above their normal capabilities for a brief period. Then the key is to use that and build consistency. Imagine Origi right now. He's like a new player. He has realized that he can actually do all those things and be decisive.

Valverde is great in killing the confidence. Awful coach.

Devils

Fuckkkkkk i cant believe GOATverde set us back decade in Europe.

Its almost too much to take.

How many years will it take to rebuild after Rome and Liverpool

Incredible!

serghei

Valverde is great killing the confidence. Awful coach.

He doesn't even do anything to build it. So every player's trajectory is either flat, or downwards under him. Not a single player is better after 2 years with him. Some are worse.

Few fans understand group sociology though and how important the right attitude is. They think it's 11 players put together and who doesn't play well for some time is either shit or past it.

serghei

If Origi played for us, inside 5 months under Valverde he would've been permabenched only to never appear again in any meaningful game.

In return, if Malcom spent some time under Klopp, let's say a year, and would've featured on RW for Liverpool vs Barcelona last night, he would've teared us a new one.

Home of Barca Fans