Ernesto Valverde - V1

BarçaBarça

Playing attractive attacking football with this Chelsea is like playing defensive football with this Barcelona. It will eventually fail because Sarri A) doesn't yet have all the players to implement his strategy, B) it will take time to turn defensive minded players who played under Mourinho and Conti into playing possession-based attacking football.

Sarri's impact is there but give him another season and some more technical guys. I don't think Pep can turn Atletico Madrid for example into playing his vision overnight.

I think it is a difficult squad, maybe with motivation-problems..

But really their squad have plenty of technical players, who don't like to defend, but likes to attack first and foremost (Hazard, Willian, Batshuayi, Fabregas etc.). Pedro is hard working, but is also capable of great attacking football. He has Kanté to do all the running, a former Real Madrid-player (read: attacking-minded) in Kovacic, his very own choice Jorginho and a defensive line with backs who knows how to play attacking wingbacks (great if you want barca-style attack), CB's like Luiz who sure as hell thinks forward, passing-genius Andreas Christensen and young-guns to mold with your own hands (Zouma, Rüdiger).

It is a bit of a convenient excuse to say that their players have a defensive mindset, imo. They have a very fine squad, with a lot of technical players capable of attacking. Whether or not they can be motivated enough against smaller teams, that is another question, there could be something in that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sarri has gone to war with the Chelsea squad like all of his predecessors. The difference is that it took 6 months for him while it took a year or two for the others :lol:

Chelsea is basically a shithouse nowadays. No self-respecting manager should take that job after they inevitably sack Sarri and side with their squad yet again. They first need to resolve the Abramovich situation and then kick out half their squad and do a long rebuild.

Sarri will get a job again. Perhaps even the Juventus one if they move on from Allegri.

very tough next 1.5 months.......

vs valencia
vs real madrid
@ bilbao
vs valladolid
@ lyon
@ sevilla
@ real madrid
@ real madrid
vs rayo
vs lyon

8 very tough matches out of 10......

but i think valverde will handle well.

bismp

I think we can afford getting a draw against Bilbao and Sevilla.All the other matches are winnable imo.Especially if we crush Real in the home leg,then we won’t have to play with intensity in the second match.

Zidane82

Sounds as though Denis Suarez goes straight but the Arsenal team for this weekends match .. I'd laugh myself silly if he has a magnificent match and goes into be a massive success ..

Trickykid

All three who went to Everton just for starters

Haha, Gomes is as mediocre there as he was here, and Digne was perfectly OK here. For both of them applies the logic that they now play at a vastly inferior side, meaning they're bound to look better than they did here. Mina? Rofl, he's as bad now as he was for us.

Now, apparently that was just for a start, so who else?

vlad

All three who went to Everton just for starters

That's four out of four ..

You are comparing everton and barcelona here, they play without pressure in everton, only that will make you look better on the pitch, but in the end, they are far from barca quality, same as d. Suarez, im confident he will turn out good for arsenal, but he doesnt have enough talent to succed in barca, you cant blame valverde for this things

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans