Ernesto Valverde - V1

Ursegor

World Champion
To refresh some memories.

Ajax actually put up a video on their channel "Ajax defeats FC Barcelona in style", that's how badly we got rekt playwise under Tata.

[youtube]WWcnQuElxRs[/youtube]

And to add insult to injury, they outplayed us with 10 men for an entire half.

"Barca standard season till December", "wayyy better than EV". lol

lol

Ursegor

World Champion
Ev fan getting so wound up with comparing if Tata better or worse.

Getting desperate now. :lol:

Do you actually have anything to say or do you quote me all the time because you subconciously feel your own stupidity exposed by my posts?

I'm not a fan of any coach or player, I write it as it is. I've criticized EV plenty when it was on.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/14423-Ernesto-Cowardverde?p=1824336&highlight=#post1824336
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/14423-Ernesto-Cowardverde?p=1824330&highlight=#post1824330
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/14423-Ernesto-Cowardverde?p=1834427&highlight=#post1834427

Unlike plebs like you I don't take a side and circle jerk persist with it until death no matter the circumstances.

Ursegor

World Champion
He's 10x the manager Tata is in the same way that Gomes is 10x the player Denis Suarez is.

:lol:

Meh. There are coaches out there who manage to fall 10 points behind with Bayern in Bundesliga or fall out of top 4 and concede 5 goals in a Clasico with 3 times CL winning Madrid squad. Luckily we never had coaches who were that much out of their depths so Barca fans have developed an elitist attitude where treble and double winning managers are "Licho" and "Cowardverde". I can't wait for the times when we inevitably go through some serious troublesome times, multiple seasons without any trophy, especially once Suarez and Messi are gone. The fanbase will shrink by 70 % and start following Pep at PSG.

FinBarcelonafan

Meh. There are coaches out there who manage to fall 10 points behind with Bayern in Bundesliga or fall out of top 4 and concede 5 goals in a Clasico with 3 times CL winning Madrid squad. Luckily we never had coaches who were that much out of their depths so Barca fans have developed an elitist attitude where treble and double winning managers are "Licho" and "Cowardverde". I can't wait for the times when we inevitably go through some serious troublesome times, multiple seasons without any trophy, especially once Suarez and Messi are gone. The fanbase will shrink by 70 % and start following Pep at PSG.

We've had great roster for a long time. When we will have shit rosters expectations will go down as well. Everyone knows we are not going to be powerhouse forever.

henias

Do you actually have anything to say or do you quote me all the time because you subconciously feel your own stupidity exposed by my posts?

I'm not a fan of any coach or player, I write it as it is. I've criticized EV plenty when it was on.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/14423-Ernesto-Cowardverde?p=1824336&highlight=#post1824336
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/14423-Ernesto-Cowardverde?p=1824330&highlight=#post1824330
http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/14423-Ernesto-Cowardverde?p=1834427&highlight=#post1834427

Unlike plebs like you I don't take a side and circle jerk persist with it until death no matter the circumstances.

Lol nope. I have praised EV before as well, but as usual his actions are short lived and the usual core of his is for everyone to see.

Unlike people like who never fail to come here to speak in a condescending tone and then get wound up when people speak the same to you. "Plebs" Haha says you. Next joke.

messi2140

6racies Xavi

It has of course nothing to do with Messi deciding la liga games mostly on his own especially last season. (Talking about Valverde)

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
No he isn't. Tata had to deal with a messi who had absolutely stopped moving, a fabregas who was doing amazing with his assist in the first half of the season but turned into a gomes in 2nd, a neymar who was playing pretty shit in the 2nd half of the season. Also, Xavi was lightyears away from his peak by then and while iniesta wasn't he still wasn't near his peak.

You make it sound as if the current squad is a star ensemble with everyone playing at the peak of their game. However way you spin it Tata had a stronger team under him than Valverde.

Ursegor

World Champion
Lol nope. I have praised EV before as well, but as usual his actions are short lived and the usual core of his is for everyone to see.

Unlike people like who never fail to come here to speak in a condescending tone and then get wound up when people speak the same to you. "Plebs" Haha says you. Next joke.

Are you my personal Stan? You write to me all the time even though I never mention you.

I think people who claim Tata "50 crosses a game, Messi must not touch the ball, losing La Liga last game at home, 0 trophies, 0/6 wins against Atletico" Martino to be a better coach than Valverde have awful memory. You feel triggered by this? Put me on ignore, I don't care about and react to your posts either.

It has of course nothing to do with Messi deciding la liga games mostly on his own especially last season. (Talking about Valverde)

Messi did not decide anything on his own any more than he did in the past.

serghei

[MENTION=12215]Ursegor[/MENTION], I'd be interested to discuss the pros and cons of Ernesto Valverde in a serious topic here on Barcaforum, without ironies like Cowardverde and such. I'd be all for that.

Just a discussion about the things he does well, the things he doesn't, aspects which are out of his control, problems in the team that aren't likely to change under future managers. State of the young players in the team.

I personally believe he is a middle of the ground manager for us. Somehwere between Lopetegui and Zidane, if we keep the Madrid comparison.

First we would have to reach an agreement over what should be the responsabilites of the manager of FC Barcelona. Do we blame him the most for disasters like the Roma away game? Do we think that the squad is built in such a way that it would be impossible to steer the ship in a different direction at this stage no matter the manager? Do we make too big of a fuss about things that are normal during a season, demanding too much from a team which, despite new signings, is still not as good as in the past?

Everybody throws ironies, names and insults, without addressing any of these issues in elaborate posts.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

It's a very strange discussion when it was and is painfully clear that neither Tata or Valverde (less so in my opinion at least and the results also support Valverde "winning" a direct comparison) were or are setting the world alight let alone being perfect or very good choices. Tata should certainly never have been appointed (one of the biggest jokes in my time as a fan, a very "Gaspart like" move from the crook Rosell). The team was a total mess tactically that season and maybe most gravely Tata's laissez-faire leadership and idea of giving the power back to the players backfired immensely. Even freaking Messi had fitness/disciplinary problems related, no doubt, due to the then existing attitude at the club. Valverde is neither a strongman but at least his authority seems to be greater.

Result wise, excluding the dreadful result against Roma (which was on the players as much as on Valverde if not more - that attitude was simply inexcusable and I don't care the least if Valverde spoke tactics with them in Mandarin beforehand) Valverde did very well in his first season all things considered. Here I am not talking about or even addressing his obvious faults such as his lack of tactical flexibility, his harmful conservatism at times, or more often than not, his lack of rotations and maybe most importantly the team's "playing style" etc. The list of complains is not small.

However I won't make a final judgement as he is still the manager and yet to finish his second season.

Anyway to me there is no doubt. Valverde is a better manager than Tata but that is not saying awfully lot.

Lastly, since this is the Valverde thread, I think that he deserves a bit of credit for the team's recent results and team selections. Not everything is awful and the thread title is a bit strange for a Barça manager no matter whether you like him or not as a manager. Which I personally, as stated, do not.

Something is very wrong when Valverde is called Cowardverde but the greatest problem at the club (the board represented by Bartomeu) is called Bartomeu and not a much more fitting name. That's just me.

Last edited:

serghei

Imo, Tata's season at Barca is hard to judge because many things weren't in his control. Was a very odd season, with Tito stepping out due to illness when everybody thought he was going to manage us for the 2nd season, and not least with us having to use semi-retired Pinto as our keeper in the key part of the seaosn.

Martino may have been a poor choice, but many things were going against him. Still, he was close to winning the double. Plus, we shouldn't even be comparing managers to Martino. What's the point? It's clear he wasn't a top class manager and that season was a freak one to begin with.

Last edited:

Zidane82

To be fair ... Suarez has basically gone already ... he's a pale shadow of the fabulous player I watched at Liverpool..

Home of Barca Fans