Ernesto Valverde - V1

BBZ8800

Come on be serious. If you don’t rotate it will haunt you in spring not autumn or winter. Group stage will not depend on rotations but only on tactics.

About being tired in March and April, there are several factors for it:
1. not rotating starting 11
2. playing Copa Del Rey with best players
3. core players are old

We can't do too much about No3.

Imo, we could somewhat survive even without rotations, as long as we would play CDR with squad players.
On the other hand, even if we'll rotate players now and then play extra 6-8 CDR matches with Messi and starters in January and February, we will be dead again in spring.

I would dare to say that Sunday-Wednesday-Sunday matches for 60-90 days in a row in January, February, March are a bigger killer of our team than rotation itself.
https://www.worldfootball.net/teams/fc-barcelona/2018/3/

Last season, a 2nd leg with Roma was our 24th match in 100 days of a New year.
We had:
14 league matches
6 CDR matches
4 CL matches

Without CDR matches, that would have been "only" 18 matches in 100 days.
Which means:
14 weeks of football:
13 weekend La liga matches
1 La liga match midweek
4 CL matches in midweek
6 CDR matches in midweek

With La Liga, CL and CDR, we had:
13 weekend matches
11 midweek matches

So, only 2 weeks "of rest" when we have 7 days between 2 matches.

WITHOUT CDR, we would have:
13 weekend La liga matches
1 midweek La liga match
4 CL midweek matches
= 8 weeks with 7 days of rest
= only 5 weeks with Sunday-Wednesday-Sunday matches

So, again, imo, we could even survive with zero or very low amount of rotation AS LONG AS WE DON'T PLAY Mickey Mouse Del Rey.
If we'll play CDR, then nothing will save us, imo.
Since CDR will come in the worst time of the season.
Our old core of players will get tired in February and we will be walking around a pitch in March, aka in 1/4s of a CL.

So, guys, relax.
You don't need to lose nerves if we don't rotate players in September.
It is irrelevant more or less.

How we will handle CDR in January and February will decide our faith in a CL in March and April.

soul24rage

I agree with BBZ with in the Copa del Rey, I would only play the players who didn't have enough minutes on the field like Malcom, Arthur, Vidal, Lenglet and etc. The main objective should only be UCL and La Liga only. If we get to the final of the Copa, then I would play the starters.

Givenchy

We are currently struggling at home to Girona and down to 10 men ...... how times and expectations have changed ..

we were robbed by the ref, Im not an EV fan but cant blame him tonight, made the right call with earlier subs aswell as taking Dembele off

FC433

It is really boring at this point. We can explain again and again. Dembele should have stayed, at least, that what an ambitious manager would do. We all remember the first leg between PSG and Real Madrid and what was the turning point.

I have heard he already extended his contract one more year, that is really sad.

xXKonan

The first 38 Mins of the first half we played some pretty good football.

Then it went downhill once Lenglet got the red card and Pique not having his finest hour conceding two goals.

Cule4life

The Culest
First of all props to Valverde for rotating. Credit where it's due.

But he has to show more balls in benching under performing senior players like Pique.

We showed more spark with the new players. So he should continue to give more minutes to Arthur and mixing things up. Need to be faster and more dynamic in our play.

Hope he doesn't get scared and stop rotating. Need to see what Malcom can do also. Maybe he can help bench Suarez.

Home of Barca Fans