Ernesto Valverde - V1

Danic

Pretty embarrassing point of view, lad.

Its sad. I already mentioned that. But unfortunately its the way i feel right now.
I watch barca for many years now and go through several ups and downs with the team but never felt like this before.
So thats why i ask you why my point of view is embarassing?!
Id rather not win laliga and get a coach which shows me some kind of Vision...

Joan

To those to lazy to read, And as a good Samaritan, I’ll summarize, Not all, But about 85% of this wall of text, To just the direct points.

“I don’t like valverde, Because he doesn’t Play the players I personally want, Doesn’t bench the players I personally don’t like, And doesn’t sub in and sub out the way I want them to be made, And both, Foremostly and lastly, Roma”

Someone rate my summarization ability, I’m serious, I think I did good, But who knows.

This thread in short.

Andrew M

Its sad. I already mentioned that. But unfortunately its the way i feel right now.
I watch barca for many years now and go through several ups and downs with the team but never felt like this before.
So thats why i ask you why my point of view is embarassing?!
Id rather not win laliga and get a coach which shows me some kind of Vision...

I saw many posts of the same nature when Benedito was trying to get the signatures to oust Bartomeu.

Despite one's political agendas and opinions of certain personnel you must always stick by the team and support them on the pitch.

Valverde did a pretty solid job last year (yes, even with the disaster in Roma), and therefore deserves our support this season. If we don't reach the CL semis then I would support a change but rather than have him hanged, drawn and quartered in September let's give him some more time

Garrus

Nothing embarassing about that. Only one with a narrow mindset would think otherwise. I rather to see a better future with barca then to keep going the wrong footsteps and making the same mistakes over and over again, and then wonder why this barca always stays the same.

You would keep slating users here like they are not fit to be barca fans but provide nothing substantial just to defend Valverde.

Move along.

Ah, Yes, The classical 'Crystal ball' holder syndrome:

"Just trust me and do as i say, I swear it'll work, Let us deliberately throw out this season down the drain so we can kick [Insert the coach you don't like], And [Insert player 1 don't like], and [Insert player 2 don't like], And then let us bring [Insert a coach you like] , And [Insert player 1 you want] and [Insert player 2 you want], And then watch the CLs, And trebles raining down us, Sacrifice this season for big gain after that, Totally sure of this."

Now, Whenever i encounter people with this syndrome, I ask them basically two questions.

1- Why are you posting these massive, Bold predictions on the internet, When you should be using that 'crystal ball' to make yourself a billionaire.
2- Can i please use your crystal ball for just a couple of lottery tickets, Nothing more, I swear.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

We won domestic double.
And people whine about a CL.

Lol, we won 1 CL in the last 7 years, while having one of our best generations ever.
5 different managers managed to win only 1 CL with Messi in these 7 years.

We had Iniesta all the time, Busi all the time, Xavi and Alves for some time, MSN for 4 years.
About a CL, maybe we have tons of other problems:
1. playing too slow and outdated for Europe
2. no plan B in attack except playing around the box through the ground
3. core players too old
4. core players won too many trophies and lacking that spark from 10 years ago
5. ok, managers made their mistakes also

People are acting as if we will magically start to win CLs once when EV will be gone.
MSN was knocked out in quarters for 3 out 4 years.
Messi scored 1 goal in key matches in the last 5 years.
We haven't scored an away goal in key matches since 2011', except in 2015.

This team has way more problems than only EV.

Also, I agree with [MENTION=12785]Garrus[/MENTION]
It seems that a lot of people are mad because EV doesn't have "vision".
And vision means playing their favorite players, which usually means: Arthur, Semedo, Alena, Malcom, Puig.
Ok, EV has flaws in tactics, but I have a feeling that a lot of guys here would accept a coach without trophies and without too much improvement in our play, as long as Arthur, Semedo and Alena would play.

Cule4life

The Culest
To those to lazy to read, And as a good Samaritan, I’ll summarize, Not all, But about 85% of this wall of text, To just the direct points.

“I don’t like valverde, Because he doesn’t Play the players I personally want, Doesn’t bench the players I personally don’t like, And doesn’t sub in and sub out the way I want them to be made, And both, Foremostly and lastly, Roma”

Someone rate my summarization ability, I’m serious, I think I did good, But who knows.

You forgot the most important points "Doesn't have a gameplan and relies on Messi to bail him out" and "Makes we want to switch off the TV"

So i rate you Holier than thou/10

henias

Ah, Yes, The classical 'Crystal ball' holder syndrome:

"Just trust me and do as i say, I swear it'll work, Let us deliberately throw out this season down the drain so we can kick [Insert the coach you don't like], And [Insert player 1 don't like], and [Insert player 2 don't like], And then let us bring [Insert a coach you like] , And [Insert player 1 you want] and [Insert player 2 you want], And then watch the CLs, And trebles raining down us, Sacrifice this season for big gain after that, Totally sure of this."

Now, Whenever i encounter people with this syndrome, I ask them basically two questions.

1- Why are you posting these massive, Bold predictions on the internet, When you should be using that 'crystal ball' to make yourself a billionaire.
2- Can i please use your crystal ball for just a couple of lottery tickets, Nothing more, I swear.

Because of the board, they are too blinded by short term results, which was the reason why they even hired Valverde, without seriously considering a better candidate. They using this Barca DNA thing as a traditional front but literally has no point or meaning to it.

The deeper they get themselves into, the harder for them to get out. Obviously, the ideal situation is to have EV as a temporary coach last season so this season he should be done. It's also not really like who you hate or don't like, like how many people here like to make out to be, it's more of the honest opinion of the situation right now, of how he isnt a good fit especially in the crucial transition of Barca.

There's no way for a treble this season, so I'm not really make any predictions here. And [MENTION=22606]Danic[/MENTION] himself has said he is torn between two sides of being a Barca fan and wanting Barca to be on the right track again. So far individual talents have been carrying the team, which will only go so far.

In any case, EV has himself to prove this season, so these people with so called "Crystal ball holders", whatever that is, has nothing to gain from it. Or if u see them as "predictions", it doesnt even matter. They cant affect the outcome either.

So I will just wait and see.

xXKonan

I mean it's not really hard to see that Valverde's lack of vision is actually pretty concerning considering that we have a number of starters who are 30 or over it.

Also BBZ, no one is telling Valverde to play the likes of Arthur, Malcom, Puig etc in Classicos or other big games as Starters. What people actually want is for him to actually give these guys game time against so of the weaker teams to help rest some of the aging core starters. I mean is it that big of a Sin really to wish that?

Cule4life

The Culest
We won domestic double.

Lol, we won 1 CL in the last 7 years, while having one of our best generations ever.

We had Iniesta all the time, Busi all the time, Xavi and Alves for some time, MSN for 4 years.
3. core players too old

People are acting as if we will magically start to win CLs once when EV will be gone.

And vision means playing their favorite players, which usually means: Arthur, Semedo, Alena, Malcom, Puig.
Ok, EV has flaws in tactics, but I have a feeling that a lot of guys here would accept a coach without trophies and without too much improvement in our play, as long as Arthur, Semedo and Alena would play.

"We have only won 1 CL in 7 years so stop hoping for one anytime soon." Gee with a mentality like that we might as well just give up

"core players won too many trophies and lacking that spark from 10 years ago" True but why does he keep playing them and not trying to infuse young blood in the team?

"This team has way more problems than only EV" True but what is Valverde (the manager whose job description demands it) doing to address them?

"People are acting as if we will magically start to win CLs once when EV will be gone." Literally nobody thinks that. It's just 1 step on the road to be relevant in Europe again, albeit an important one

"a lot of guys here would accept a coach without trophies and without too much improvement in our play, as long as Arthur, Semedo and Alena would play." Nope youth development is just one of the problems with Valverde. If his team would have anything close to a gameplan, more people would get behind him

"And vision means playing their favorite players, which usually means: Arthur, Semedo, Alena, Malcom, Puig" Nope again youth is just one part of it. Playing like a team, faster teamplay transitions, creating more chances and not parking the bus and inviting pressure at 1-0 is what vision means.

Last edited:

PhilS

Let's see how much playing time he'll be giving in the next three games to the players outside of the gala 11 who have been doing well on the field.

Some of these players have been doing better than others. Arthur has been looking very, very promising. Vidal and Lenglet have looked fine. Semedo, Rafinha, Roberto as a midfielder, none have looked too good since preseason. Munir, Vermaelen, D. Suarez, Malcom, Alena, Samper: no or insufficient evidence.

You don't get playing time just because you are young, or just because you are on the squad. Valverde will choose which half of the bench will be in the rotation, and which half will only join the rotation if someone gets injured or suspended or proves not good enough. Last season, he gave quite a few players tryouts to become rotation players, and almost all of them failed the test. This season, he will not have to try so many, because the first few of the reserves are going to play so well that they will consign the others permanently to the bench.

KingLeo10

Dkb0in8XoAAFVaZ.jpg

I see you stopped including dembele :p

Neymessi

We won domestic double.

3. core players too old

Terrible post. One cl in last 7 years is irrelevant to the current debate. If we play like something more than a one man messi team and go on to get eliminated in the semis or even quarters of CL, no one will be disappointed with EV.

Ev is being criticized because of the sheer boredom and lack of tactics he brings to the game and don't use the cliched "peps barca was so good" to act like we are spoiled and all. On paper this team is still insanely good, good enough to not make me sleep while watching the matches. PSG, liverpool, manc etc they have equal or worse team than us on paper but their matches aren't this tough to watch.

Raketa10

I am sick of this idiot! He has included Denis and Munir in the squad vs Girona while Malcom and Alena will again rot in the stands! Fucking moron! This has to stop or he will ruin Alena and bury Malcom confidence to the ground!

There Is also another problem which could arise from this. If Valverde stays here for another year I am sure some young talents like De Jong will opt for another club. Why the hell would they choose Valverde over Pep or Tuchel when they know they will get Malcom or Alena treatment here. This guy will seriously damage the reputation of Barca.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

"We have only won 1 CL in 7 years so stop hoping for one anytime soon." Gee with a mentality like that we might as well just give up

"core players won too many trophies and lacking that spark from 10 years ago" True but why does he keep playing them and not trying to infuse young blood in the team?

"This team has way more problems than only EV" True but what is Valverde (the manager whose job description demands it) doing to address them?

"People are acting as if we will magically start to win CLs once when EV will be gone." Literally nobody thinks that. It's just 1 step on the road to be relevant in Europe again, albeit an important one

"a lot of guys here would accept a coach without trophies and without too much improvement in our play, as long as Arthur, Semedo and Alena would play." Nope youth development is just one of the problems with Valverde. If his team would have anything close to a gameplan, more people would get behind him

"And vision means playing their favorite players, which usually means: Arthur, Semedo, Alena, Malcom, Puig" Nope again youth is just one part of it. Playing like a team, faster teamplay transitions, creating more chances and not parking the bus and inviting pressure at 1-0 is what vision means.

This is so true.

People saying Valverde won the double last season. 😂 😂 😂

I watched at least 20 la liga games last season and I think we played well in about two. Alot of the time we were lucky and didn't deserve the points.

This man has no clue, no vision, no tactics, no courage nothing.

I was against hiring Valverde but even I didn't know he'd be this bad. He's a terrible manager but a yes man for the seniors and board so he'll be given alot of rope.

Another problem is the board using the barca dna and la liga experience excuse. No big epl club thinks like that. Pep, Sarri, Klopp and others all recruited from other league. The board seem to be satisfied with la liga and look at the cl as some sort of crap shoot.

Europe needs to be our focus now. It's embarrassing when players say they're happy to join "the best club in the world". It's almost as if the clubs pr team are feeding them this crap. We are so far from being the best. We are barely top eight in Europe now.

The squad is strong but we need a strong manager who will tweak our style and make it more effective in cl. We also need a manager who will take the tough decisions in regards to the senior core. Player development is another issue. At the moment we are turning into the next Milan.

Home of Barca Fans