Ernesto Valverde - V1

xXKonan

Maybe with Valverde, we can turn MSN from being our only solution to an option. We need a complete team again and instead of relying so much of MSN, especially Messi.

God Serena

I want to see how he handles La Masia. Lucho's blatant ignorance of our B team was sickening and imo actually served to harm us. Giving players like Palencia, Samper, Alena, and Marlon minutes during pre-season will be a good start. Let's see what he actually does.

Getting rid of Gomes, Arda, and Mathieu should also be a priority.

RIZALDINHO

Ernesto Valverde should be next barca manager and he should sign a right back midfelder and a striker and sell gomez, arda and mathieu

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
So we will officially know by Sunday if, and it is a big if, we lose the title

or

Mid next week when we win the title.

serghei

He has massive pressure taking on this squad, MASSIVE. I just hope the fans are supportive and he doesn't crack.

Yep. All fans expect a response from the team after this disappointing season. He will have to deliver right from the start. All it takes is a bad start and you could already be making La Liga quite hard to win. I hope he knows what awaits him if he comes.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Massive expectations will be a big mistake. A strong challenge for the league title and semifinals in the CL would be a decent 2017/18 season. Anything over that is a bonus. Though I can see Barca winning the league under any coach.

Messi983

I want to see how he handles La Masia. Lucho's blatant ignorance of our B team was sickening and imo actually served to harm us. Giving players like Palencia, Samper, Alena, and Marlon minutes during pre-season will be a good start. Let's see what he actually does.

Getting rid of Gomes, Arda, and Mathieu should also be a priority.

We won't get rid of Gomes. I'm also willing to bet he'll become a much better player and an important part of the team under Valverde.

jamrock

There will be massive exceptions he can't run from it, no one excepts a challenge for la liga, I except to WIN! La liga, which we should have won this season .

CL is just a pot luck so not too much pressure there,but Barca should own la liga while Messi breathes

BarçaBarça

We won't get rid of Gomes. I'm also willing to bet he'll become a much better player and an important part of the team under Valverde.

What do you want to bet? :p

I honestly can't see him being key next season - the only reason he gets any playing-time is because Enrique loves him, he has proved nothing.
And I expect us to buy a profile-midfielder - maybe Coutinho/Eriksen or someone like that who would crowd out most of his playing time, now that a new coach comes in.

serghei

His objectives are to win La Liga and challenge for the Champions League. No other way about it. If he fails to do that he can go back to Bilbao and have a more relaxed career. At Barca you either come to win everything or you don't. There's no such thing as 'competing for La Liga' when you have 3 players like Messi, Neymar and Suarez in attack.

Devils

Above and beyond all, he has to make the defense and midfield work again. I expect to win La Liga next season and at least make it to semis of the CL.

Anything less and it will be failure.

That's not high expectations either. Our team doesn't need a revolution, it's clear what players we need and what players we need to get rid of and it can all be done in one window. There is already a lot of great things about this team that Valverde will inherit. No excuse not to do well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wait...... What is he doing here? Is it official already!?

Not yet, but he's the favourite.

However if he takes a year off or something, I wonder what the board will do. Will they just go with Unzue or try and hire someone else.

Home of Barca Fans