Ernesto Valverde - V1

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
What has Real got to do with anything?

That would definitely be the thought process of the local fans - We won a double, arch rivals jack shit so we won! And they won't pressurize the board to fire the idiot!!

They have already proven how it is man- They re-elected the president because we won a trouble despite the numerous scandals!

Neymessi

what a stupid comment:
who exactly is apologist according to you? Do you actually mean reasonable people who thought that a season that began with noone expecting anything, but what turned out to be more or less undefeated season with 1 loss in copa and being on course for treble until Roma game was not the reason to panic but actually enjoy the situation? Then yes, those people probably took a break from the forum after Roma game as it was massive disappointment for everyone and reading hundreds of negative comments on top of it is not helping anyone.

I pretty much skipped all the posts from Roma game until today and by the looks of it, I have not lost out on anything.

An apologist is someone who makes excuses for anything that is wrong and in this case making excuses for EV when we were horrible even BEFORE roma but kept winning so result oriented psuedo intellectuals like you and jamdav etc thought we were doing fine and you kept bashing EV criticisers like me, henias, lelouch,serghei etc calling us spoilt and hypocritical and shit while we were right all along.

I had to come up with this signature even before the roma loss because it seemed that almost everyone here was blinded by the results. Guys like you who couldn't see past the surface.

DAMNit

An apologist is someone who makes excuses for anything that is wrong and in this case making excuses for EV when we were horrible even BEFORE roma but kept winning so result oriented psuedo intellectuals like you and jamdav etc thought we were doing fine and you kept bashing EV criticisers like me, henias, lelouch,serghei etc calling us spoilt and hypocritical and shit while we were right all along.

I had to come up with this signature even before the roma loss because it seemed that almost everyone here was blinded by the results. Guys like you who couldn't see past the surface.

God bless you for that sig by the way. I almost had my head bitten of on youtube for saying exactly the same thing.
Always wanted to say this to you, just never had the time.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Fickle fan are those like you who are conditioned like mice on instant gratification.

Truth is we did much better this season than guys like you "predicted" or secretly hoped we'd implode.

MagIX

Do you actually mean reasonable people who thought that a season that began with noone expecting anything, but what turned out to be more or less undefeated season with 1 loss in copa and being on course for treble until Roma game was not the reason to panic but actually enjoy the situation? Then yes, those people probably took a break from the forum after Roma game as it was massive disappointment for everyone and reading hundreds of negative comments on top of it is not helping anyone.

I agree.
The past season we won only the cdr and we have been trashed by PSG and Juve.
We started the season with a worst team than past season (=without Neymar), we have been trashed by RM in the supercopa. Practically without reinforcements (Dembele out for months), Paulinho (?) and Samedo (?)....
I was very negative, very low expectations.
I term of results I am positively surprised (obviously very disppointed with CL Roma), in term of playing an attactive soccer no, but for me with the players we have I am not really surprised.
We will see next season with Dembele and Coutinho well integrated (and maybe some other reinforcements) how good we will be.

Barcilliant

Fickle fan are those like you who are conditioned like mice on instant gratification.

Truth is we did much better this season than guys like you "predicted" or secretly hoped we'd implode.

Fickle fans?

Put it this way. If Valverde had played attractive football, integrated the youngsters and newcomers, rotated properly I would be in favor of him continuing next season.

I despise him because

1)He is a petty person. A coward. This is reflected on and off the field.
2)He plays shit football. No imagination
3)He only trusts senior players and overplays them to the point of injury and fatigue.
4)He has no long term vision. We are just a bullet point in his CV.
5)He was screaming for players at the beginning of the season. The board obliged and what happened....??
6)He doesn't have respect for the club, players or its traditions. I can't remember such a defensive minded Barca coach.
7)The Roma result. Probably the worst I've seen Barca play in the CL. Shit, we were better when we got hammered by Milan in 94. He rode his luck all season and that one night his luck evaporated and we couldn't get through despite a 4-1 lead in the first leg. Any half decent manager would have seen us through that second leg but he stood there and waited before tah days... introducing Gomes in the 80th minute.

DAMNit

I take it you'd be content with getting knocked out of the UCL, but winning CDR + La liga again next season.
But will still moan when and if CR7 wins Ballon D'or right?... That is assuming Real wins the UCL.
I say this because with Valverde still coaching the team, having us play like Stoke city, and an aging Messi, who lets face it is the only effective forward in the team at the moment (EV benches the others).....We'd surely get knocked out next season again.

I agree.
The past season we won only the cdr and we have been trashed by PSG and Juve.
We started the season with a worst team than past season (=without Neymar), we have been trashed by RM in the supercopa. Practically without reinforcements (Dembele out for months), Paulinho (?) and Samedo (?)....
I was very negative, very low expectations.
I term of results I am positively surprised (obviously very disppointed with CL Roma), in term of playing an attactive soccer no, but for me with the players we have I am not really surprised.
We will see next season with Dembele and Coutinho well integrated (and maybe some other reinforcements) how good we will be.

They will be left to rot on the bench by Valverde just watch.

Took some time, but the Valverde apologists are starting to crawl out of their bunkers now that the dust from from the Roma match has settled and the anger has dissipated somewhat. If we win the Copa this week more will start showing themselves and if Madrid gets knocked out of the CL the floodgates will open and people will start openly supporting Valverde again.

LeeRomeno

First of all, nothing was wrong on big scheme of things. What majority of this forum (82% according to poll, 95% according to poll before Roma game) was doing was accepting the results and gameplay to be okay considering the circumstances and defending that view against a few lunatics who have kept raging and wishing for us to lose for entire year. Which is awful premise to being with. I don't even get this logic, you should be experiencing the happiest time of the season, after 9 months of hoping for bad results 1 bad game actually happened (okey Sevilla game was pretty horrible as well except for 5 minutes). Are you happy now? Or is there still a threat we may win a trophy or 2 this season? That must be horrible right.
You do not need to apologize for coach who up until Roma game had 1 loss for entire year. Thats just plain stupid on any level.
Football is competitive sport where results matter for vast majority of followers, that's the most important thing, always has been.
If you think otherwise, YOU ARE THE MINORITY, so get used to be treated as one and stop thinking of names for those who disagree. You are part of small angry extreme fans, who seem to be never happy with anything.
And no, you were not right all along. Roma game was totally different from anything we saw for entire year. Valverde fcked up on massive level there, in contrast with rest of season. I am pretty sure that none of the people actually thought we would drop out, even the biggest Valverde critics after first game.

LeeRomeno

That would definitely be the thought process of the local fans - We won a double, arch rivals jack shit so we won! And they won't pressurize the board to fire the idiot!!

They have already proven how it is man- They re-elected the president because we won a trouble despite the numerous scandals!

It is totally okey to have a healthy competition with rival, it is not okey to define your success through the idea of either your rival wins or not. Otherwise you will end up being happy with results if you win Copa only for example, if Real will not win La Liga and CL. That is just plain wrong, our own achievements should be what matters.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I take it you'd be content with getting knocked out of the UCL, but winning CDR + La liga again next season.
But will still moan when and if CR7 wins Ballon D'or right?... That is assuming Real wins the UCL.
I say this because with Valverde still coaching the team, having us play like Stoke city, and an aging Messi, who lets face it is the only effective forward in the team at the moment (EV benches the others).....We'd surely get knocked out next season again.

They will be left to rot on the bench by Valverde just watch.

You've mistaken me for some pimpled kid. I don't give a rats ass about Balons or individual awards. I mean it would be nice for everyone to see the truth which is Messi the best ever but I don't really care that much.

TitoTata

Banned
Those apologists would be ok turning this club into Chelsea just to win trophies. Actually, some of us here wanted EV out even if we win the treble. Simple fans like you can't enjoy football beyond results. Valverde has to be sacked, he is the opposite of what Barcelona is all about.
Same

FC B

Fraudverde starts rotating just after he got kicked out of CL due to extreme lack of rotations while playing on three fronts, really smart move by him, no suprise.

God Serena

Valverde's success means so very little to me. At what point do we as a club take the CL seriously again? At what point do we start to rotate our squad? At what point do we try to integrate young players? Valverde is obsessed with his unbeaten run in the league and it has costed us our CL run, the fitness of our players, and another year of wasted time that could have been spent giving minutes to players who are in greater need of development than an injured Pique or an overworked Iniesta. We have an 11 point lead in the league but Valverde openly bragged about looking past Roma so he could focus on La Liga. Like... what?

If you only can see the results of the games, and not how we're playing and how this coach structures his team to pray for a goal and cling to it with all his strength no matter who we're playing against, you can feel free, but calling those who despise this type of football and see the overworked, defensive, cowardly way of playing as detrimental such negative things doesn't make you look much better.

If Valverde didn't have a laundry list of flaws longer than even Mourinho's and if he was trying to help us build towards the future with who he chooses to give minutes to, maybe his defensive style wouldn't be such a problem. He chooses his lineups based on seniority over everything else, it's not possible for an underperforming player in the set XI to lose his spot, it just won't happen. We have starters who play every game and are now underperforming, while players who underperform early on don't ever get minutes to try and improve. It's ludicrous. I'd rather be 5 points in the lead in La Liga without the undefeated streak and still be in the CL. Both the unbeaten streak and the Roma embarrassment are directly because of Valverde, and there is no pro and con analysis to be had, it's all negative. At what point will we worry about next season, and the season after, instead of chasing glory this season? That's exactly what Lucho did and his CL record tanked hard after winning the treble. He's the one who left us with such a terrible squad, which is why I personally will never praise the man. Valverde, all things considered, has a much better team. Alena is ready for a rotation spot. Dembele and Coutinho are solid reinforcements to our attack and midfield. Semedo was signed to reinforce our fullback options while also freeing up Roberto to fill in wherever else he may be needed. As much as I hate to say it even Mina could have provided some depth for CB, but Valverde can't even seem to remember he has a 3rd CB, so forget using the 4th choice. And Paulinho... fuck Paulinho.

So with that in mind, I don't believe he did well with "What he had" or anything along those lines. He'll grind out the most unentertaining Liga win since before Riijkard and there's a good chance he'll do it quite dominantly, but if we want to move forward as a club and find greater success than this next year, and the year after, etc. this type of management cannot continue. Things desperately need to change, and a single Liga win (Copa doesn't even count as a real trophy unless it's part of the treble imo) isn't going to stop our problems from going out of control, which is why Lucho isn't in charge any longer.

Home of Barca Fans