Ernesto Valverde - V1

Cule4life

The Culest
When you defend your favourite manager by comparing him to Tata you should know you've lost the battle.

Anyway i don't remember Valverde having Pinto in goal. Or Tata having Coutinho and Dembele. The truth is somewhere in between. Tata wasn't as bad and neither is Valgreen as good as his fans say.

Last edited:

Joan

When you defend your favourite manager by comparing him to Tata you should know you've lost the battle.

Also the case if you only reply to the comparison? To remind you, the post which started the debate:

For now, it's a battle between Tata & Valverde for worst Barcelona coaches over the past 15 years

Unless FCBarca is a Valverde fan (he's not), it's a lame retort.

But, on topic: I don't think Valverde has fanboys. He's not Pep. Only people who bitch about everything he does and people who think he's a solid solution. Doubt anyone's crazy about EV. And everyone - be sure of that - has doubts about aspects of his work. It's just that this thread's often too toxic.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Also the case if you only reply to the comparison? To remind you, the post which started the debate.

I was referring to Ursegor and his insistence we can't do better than Valverde.

Valverde doesn't have fans? Some people think he's not just a solid solution but actually shits solid gold

Last edited:

Joan

I was referring to Ursegor and his insistence we can't do better than Valverde.

Valverde doesn't have fans? Some people think he's not just a solid solution but actually shits shits solid gold

I'm yet to meet those people.

Joan

Let me introduce you to Mr. "Roma was the 3rd best team in CL" Khaled

They were in the semi-finals, basically a top 4 team. :lol: You can have personal preferences at that point. :valverde:

That aside, Khaled certainly doesn't belong there.

Messigician

I really like Tata tbh his work with Argentina was incredible.

Didn't mind the more vertical playing style either.

I don't really mind EVs possession style either if i had to be honest like the dismantling of Sevilla last season, the manita against Real Madrid and all the 4-0 victories.

Truth be told we could do a LOT worse coaching wise.

Andresito

Staff member
There are those who dislike Valverde, and there are those who want to argue for the sake of it by going against most people's opinions just to feel special.

henias

And people who are aware of that are unfortunately branded as Valverde fanboys here. Sad state.

Goes both ways. Those against Valverde are labelled as plain haters where some have stated lengthy reasons why he is not up to par, whereas those who defend him only look at results. Yet, when results are not in their favour they come up with excuses like players, squad, pitch, conditions are not good enough. Or simply blame our opposition for being too good. Some even wanted Dembele sold because EV was right about him not being good enough for Barca. Last season, he decided to put more faith in Gomes than Dembele and look where has it gotten him? People believed more in balance than talent, and then what happened? We still conceded so much goals. It's ironic. So don't always push it to others to make it seem like one side is the victim here.

People said Valverde need time and will change since last season, and then what happened? Still forcing Roberto, Rakitic and Busquets into the lineup no matter what.

The club themselves want change, not the fans. They want to be known in European stages again. Players are all motivated. Then you have EV not even setting his priorities right, not even preserving their energies for all competitions. So how will these help the motivated players in any way?

Truth be told, EV isnt a very smart lad, a simple guy picking his 11 every week. If they aint playing well, take them off! Was first Dembele and now Coutinho. I mean, it's such a simple thing to do, who cares about developing players right? I'm sure they wouldn't come into good use. He's digging his own grave with little to zero experimentations, minimal rotation policy.

So what about him has changed except more injuries and better depth this year? Practically nothing has changed. So instead of Barcelona moving forward, proclaiming they want something to change, we are back to square one. I really don't think we should be doing worse in any way with 500M splashed by the board to improving our depth. Of course, once you settle for mediocrity, everything seems "too demanding". I honestly couldn't be bothered to be raising concerns if that's what Bartomeu, Valverde and co. are heading for, but clearly the club knows they have been shamefully bad in the CL. They promise something, but their actions say otherwise.

Fans should lie to themselves and be happy what they are witnessing, because this is after all what Barcelona has built for years and decades. It has all come down to this, hasn't it?

Last edited:

Neymessi

Alves didn't cross by his own instructions. He crossed because tactically the team was set up badly in a way that Alves only found himself in crossing positions. Alba made double digit crosses and even Xavi made half a dozen crosses in that particular game against Real Sociedad. Why did Alves not cross like this before Tata or after Tata?

Tata is the guy who famously said Messi should not touch the ball much and set him up like Mario Gomez.

Now suddenly he is a misunderstood genius where everyone else was at fault and he merited more time.

Goldfish memories.

No you are talking BS as always. Don't even remember the particular sociedad game but that season alves was the only one crossing like a madman and no one else. He used to receive a lot of stick too for that over here.

And lol you should really get a reality check if you actually think tata turned messi into what messi was in the 2nd half of the season

Also no one called him a genius and if anything you are the goldfish who doesn't remember jackshit about that season apart from that particular sociedad game.

No one can achieve anything at barca if your main player aka messi literally stops moving and thats what happened in tata's second half. If that happened with EV we wouldn't be top 4 lol.

I felt bored only in some of the matches in 2nd half of the season with tata mostly because of messi dozing off, here i have been bored in much more of our matches under EV with a messi that is trying.

Last edited:

Neymessi

You make it sound as if the current squad is a star ensemble with everyone playing at the peak of their game. However way you spin it Tata had a stronger team under him than Valverde.

No you are just hearing things. What part implied current team is amazing? But yes it is a better team than the 2nd half of tata's season. We have coutinho for fabregas, current messi over that messi, current dembele over that neymar and suarez for sanches.

Home of Barca Fans