Ernesto Valverde - V1

khaled_a_d

my preferred midfield for the big game right now would be:

Vidal, Busi/Rakitic, Arthur

But I doubt EV is going to play only one of Busi or Rakitic. Hope he plays that midfield one day.

The 4 midfielder we currently have their strengths and weaknesses, I don't really have a favorite from them currently but I think it will depend on opponents, each game is different and might need differend 3. As long as we aren't hell bent on starting same 3 and adjusting to games I ok with it

Neymessi

So people on reddit think he's a great coach, are they fucking delusional?
I hope he goes at the end of the season, cant deal with another year of this shit.

There are instances when I feel barcaforum is optimistic when it shouldn't, so you can imagine how I feel about the barca subreddit. It is delusional beyond measure.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For me you just have to start Arthur and Vidal in the CL as they both bring something different to our other midfielders which we desperately need. Arthur with his control and Vidal with his mobility and aggression.

Last place gotta be a toss-up between Busquets and Rakitic.

Total-Football

I think at this point we ll have established the problem.. its not raki or buskets. its starting both.
Frankly speaking, i would rather start Rakitic, arthur, vidal and leave buskets out in crucial matches. we are not a pure tiki taka anymore and buskets speed, or the lack thereof, is hurting us.

Leo_Messi

I think at this point we ll have established the problem.. its not raki or buskets. its starting both.
Frankly speaking, i would rather start Rakitic, arthur, vidal and leave buskets out in crucial matches. we are not a pure tiki taka anymore and buskets speed, or the lack thereof, is hurting us.

I tend to agree but it is not like Rakitic is some kind of race horse in comparison. The problem is that both of them (in their current versions) are a problem when paired together. It's just a choice between cholera and syphilis. Neither is great. I would mix things up depending on the opponent, surface, direct opposition player, result in the first leg, etc. The era of starting Busquets and Rakitic by default against top opposition or in difficult matches (on paper) should be over. In fact it should have been the case already during the 2016-17 season when this problem became evident. Lucho eluded to it when he began benching Rakitic but we all know what happened. Rakitic went to Bartomeu, started crying and got an extension. Now he wants a new one, lol while quickly approaching the age of 31 and being on the decline.:lol: The club (board) is run by sissies and safety-first people who are incapable of taking ruthless yet correct and brave sporting decisions. Here Florentino is miles ahead.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Valverde on how Malcom can play more

"Play a lot of games, score goals and show he has a place in the side - the same as everyone else. I don’t ask anything different of Malcom to the others"

No wonder Valverde attracts fans with acute cases of cognitive dissonance like BBZ. Takes one to attract one i guess.

serghei

Nice rotations today by Valverde. Much appreciated. Valuable minutes from Alena, and integrating Coutinho back in the main 11 after some good performances lately.

FCBfan22

Well, great lineup. He only fucked up in the CB position. I think Murillo should've started, since he is suspended for Copa.

Otherwise, no complaints.

soul24rage

Well, great lineup. He only fucked up in the CB position. I think Murillo should've started, since he is suspended for Copa.

Otherwise, no complaints.

I thought that too, but I think that since Pique was already rested vs Levante 2nd leg, he needs to get some game rhythm for Sevilla. Hopefully if we get a good result in the first 60 minutes, EV willl sub out Pique for Murillo.

Joan

Hope he prepared them well enough. Rotating is vain is not an answer. 3 points shouldn't be lost.

Home of Barca Fans