Ernesto Valverde - V1

FCBfan22

Lmao don't have much to say to someone who thinks tbat Coutinho was playing striker that game

Not a striker. A forward. There is a big difference. He was basically a forward trying to emulate what Leo does dropping deep occasionally and failing miserably.

Gaudi

Don't care to much about Copa and the result but without Messi and others his gameplan (lack of it) becames obvious. They can pay me much less to coach them in the same way...run arround a bit, stretch, train some rondos and then when the game starts wish them good luck.
I didn't see one organized attack with clear idea what to do!

Alik

Maybe he really doesn't value the copa any more and he used today's game as an experiment to see if Semedo can play on the left and gives the likes of Malcom a chance.

Otherwise it is hard to explain why he went with such extreme rotation and player/position selections today.

Don't really care about the result or the lineup. However the way we played was shameful.

serghei

Don't care to much about Copa and the result but without Messi and others his gameplan (lack of it) becames obvious. They can pay me much less to coach them in the same way...run arround a bit, stretch, train some rondos and then when the game starts wish them good luck.
I didn't see one organized attack with clear idea what to do!

He's not the kind of manager who has a clear style and a clear idea what we should do. We call those managers with any clear identity flexible, which is a fancier way of saying they don't have a plan basically.

You can see he doesn't have a plan when he's unable to make us create decent chances without our star attacking players.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Valverde on resting Messi for the Copa game:

“I don’t regret it,” he said. “It’s what I had to do.

“Last year, we paid the price for the effort we made to continue in the cup. This year, we’re rotating more because I think it’s for the best.

”When you make changes, you take risks. If you win, you’ve got it right. But if you don’t... We have an important game on Sunday now which we want to win.

”It will be tough because Girona are a good side. After that, we want to keep going in the Copa del Rey and turn things around.”

Source | ESPN

I wonder what he meant by he had to do it. Maybe it simply means a shift of focus from the Copa to protecting the lead in the league or even CL down the road. I don't think Messi was injured.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Valverde on resting Messi for the Copa game:

I wonder what he meant by he had to do it. Maybe it simply means a shift of focus from the Copa to protecting the lead in the league or even CL down the road. I don't think Messi was injured.

He clarified it with the second sentence. They paid the price for the effort they made in the Copa. He's rotating more this year because he knows that the CL is the big priority and we need our key players in good shape.

serghei

It's a serious problem how he doesn't seem to be able to make us play without any cohesion when we rest our superstars. It's no wonder he doesn't like resting players. Without some of our world class stars we're pretty much Bilbao in terms of offensive expression and team dynamics.

Vilarrubi

It's a serious problem how he doesn't seem to be able to make us play without any cohesion when we rest our superstars. It's no wonder he doesn't like resting players. Without some of our world class stars we're pretty much Bilbao in terms of offensive expression and team dynamics.

Yep... we never looked like scoring yesterday.

Total-Football

Half a billion on players and not even a small chunk for an actual coach. not this farmer. What is disgraceful is that he played under cruyf. clueless. whenever a minimum of key players are rested we play like total shit as someon said above.

MTL_Barca

Well we played with Malcom and Alena (both don't even play regularly) and fucking Kevin-Prince Boateng as our front 3 :lol: Even a better coach would struggle to score vs a good side with that i guess.

But the overall problem is obvious since he coaches us, so nothing new.

clemente

Zidane82

"Valverde was amazing with subs last year. Most of his subs decided games for us and won us points. Now he makes some mistakes with subs and we're acting that it's a major flaw of his."

I swear they are all trolling over there, no way these are actual barca fans that watch every game.

None of our players have done well under him other than Arthur the vast majority are under performing.. alternatively the players who struggled badly under Valverde have positively blossomed elsewhere ..

Nuff said

Neymessi

"Valverde was amazing with subs last year. Most of his subs decided games for us and won us points. Now he makes some mistakes with subs and we're acting that it's a major flaw of his."

I swear they are all trolling over there, no way these are actual barca fans that watch every game.

There were some comments that pointed out that the stat was merely coincidental and how EV lacks a lot of qualities of a good coach and they were downvoted to eternity.

On the other hand some top comments are incredibly delusional praising EV. Barcaforum is just a small faction of the overall fan base that resents EV and it feels like the majority are more than happy because how things are going well for us on the surface.

Home of Barca Fans