Ernesto Valverde - V1

JamDav1982

But this response of yours wasn't predictable at all. I thought you would come out and give good reasons but you went for a punchline which is unlike you.

Now I have a prediction in my mind what you will respond to next this see if I get that right.

Yours was still predictable I am afraid.

El Gato

Villarato!
Sittin back against atletico because we have a lead is suicidal. You can expect them to go all out to attack and then counter but they are clever. They can score without commiting a lot of bodies forward. Our defeat to atletico just after the treble season in CL where we had a 2-1 lead in first leg should be lesson enough. Now you could be mislead by the results but it was a bad move

You played nothing like you did in that quarterfinal

Neymessi said:
horrible subs too. Gomes? Lol

Nearly had an assist and still got shat on in the chat. I know, I was reading and vomiting at that sight. You people never surprise.

Gomes as a facilitator seems nowhere near as garbage as people want him to be.

Neymessi said:
It means he played iniesta a lot making him injured.

Players don't get injured by playing a lot. They get tired. Iniesta could tear a muscle getting out of bed or getting up from the bench for a sub. You need him more than you care for his health TBH and can't blame the manager for that. Coutinho is barely there and you have a title race to withstand. It's not his responsibility and shouldn't be thrusted upon him.

Also, you were "lucky" :lol: Everything is to do with luck on this forum. To be frank I feel lucky I even feel the urge to keep this discussion up :lol:

JamDav1982

Barca today vs an inform Atletico actually managed more attempts on goal and more shots on target than City managed against a Chelsea team that has almost downed tools in the league.

Not bad for a Mourinho type team eh?

I predicted you saying this but I thought me saying that I had an idea of how you will respond make you change your response but you didn't change. So did I predict right or wrong? This is fun.

Good prediction.

Ursegor

World Champion
This forum has been on the back of every coach since Pep left and also on Pep's back in his 4th season for his 3 man defense tinkering no matter if we played beautifully and lost, played beautifully and won or played not so beautifully and won.

We played insanely beautiful "tiki-taka" under Tito and also won the league in record fashion. Let's reminisce:

The moment we played this beautifully but got 0-7ed by Bayern and even had to remontada against an awful Milan side people wanted him gone. In fact history has been rewritten and that season is "Messi winning La Liga on his own" even though we had a team playing like what you see in that video.

Lucho's top heavy MSN Barca was also entertaining and gave us historic memories (treble, 4-0 Bernabeu, 6-1 PSG). But the moment results didn't come anymore he received ridiculous hatred and it was all MSN anyway.

I can't wait for the post Messi-Iniesta-Busquets-Suarez era in a couple of years. That will bring people back to earth.

Joan

Barca today vs an inform Atletico actually managed more attempts on goal and more shots on target than City managed against a Chelsea team that has almost downed tools in the league.

Not bad for a Mourinho type team eh?

:lol::lol::lol:

this can't be true

Neymessi

You played nothing like you did in that quarterfinal

Nearly had an assist and still got shat on in the chat. I know, I was reading and vomiting at that sight. You people never surprise.

Gomes as a facilitator seems nowhere near as garbage as people want him to be.

Players don't get injured by playing a lot. They get tired. Iniesta could tear a muscle getting out of bed or getting up from the bench for a sub. You need him more than you care for his health TBH and can't blame the manager for that. Coutinho is barely there and you have a title race to withstand. It's not his responsibility and shouldn't be thrusted upon him.

Also, you were "lucky" :lol: Everything is to do with luck on this forum. To be frank I feel lucky I even feel the urge to keep this discussion up :lol:

Yes, because we conceeded very early in that match unlike this.

Gomes as a anything IS as garbage as people call him to be. An assist? That pass he made to messi where messi wasn't even in the box? Really can't recall anything apart from that but if it is that one incident then lol that wasn't nowhere near an assist.

Yes you could injure yourself while shitting and while getting a reckless tackle but there are more chances of getting injured in the latter. Same with iniesta's case he made him more susceptible to injury by overplaying him. Not rocket science. Thats why players are rested and shit.

No not everything is luck. But results are misleading so often that taking them at face value and deducing everything isn't always the best move. Ground reality is always different. And this is not just the case with football but all things in life.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Barca didn't park the bus in the first half at all btw, they were on the front foot and dominated. After 1-0 ateti became more expansive and Barca naturally become more defensive as the game went on.

Don't see what the problem was.

El Gato

Villarato!
What do you mean last 2 seasons? In 2015-16 we won the double.

Precisely what Liverpool would like to do.

serghei said:
The RB temporary fix was Lucho's doing. Valverde is just continuing with what Enrique discovered. You're giving him credit for things he didn't even do.

And under which manager did it actually work? It's not just about personnel.

serghei said:
we'd probably still be first with some other manager because we have the best team after Madrid. Doesn't mean he isn't doing a good job. Just that he's not exactly 'the saviour of poor Barca'. Far from it.

(...)

Like what? In our worst seasons in recent years we've came 1 game short of winning the league at worst. What deeper shit we'd be in considering Madrid's been horrific so far in La Liga?

We can speculate over that, but do you really think if you had some Eusebio level mugster, the title race would be completely yours to lose in February/March? Haha, no way.

He's a manager from outside who cuts through bullshit about his ways to fix the problems like none other. He doesn't seem to care that much about Barca philosophy if it's unsustainable to keep up in the short term and rightfully so. After SuperCopa nobody thought you'd be relevant while he is not only keeping you afloat and patiently waits until Coutinho, Dembele and even Semedo (if he's even up to it) are ready, but also is in process of doing something so different with this team even Cules are confused. If that's not at least "saving your ass" then I don't know what is.

Last edited:
This forum has been on the back of every coach since Pep left and also on Pep's back in his 4th season for his 3 man defense tinkering no matter if we played beautifully and lost, played beautifully and won or played not so beautifully and won.

We played insanely beautiful "tiki-taka" under Tito and also won the league in record fashion. Let's reminisce:

The moment we played this beautifully but got 0-7ed by Bayern and even had to remontada against an awful Milan side people wanted him gone. In fact history has been rewritten and that season is "Messi winning La Liga on his own" even though we had a team playing like what you see in that video.

Lucho's top heavy MSN Barca was also entertaining and gave us historic memories (treble, 4-0 Bernabeu, 6-1 PSG). But the moment results didn't come anymore he received ridiculous hatred and it was all MSN anyway.

I can't wait for the post Messi-Iniesta-Busquets-Suarez era in a couple of years. That will bring people back to earth.

:lol: we did not play “beautifully” against Bayern that season, we were a complete disaster and it should have been double digits over two legs. Inb4 MUH POSESHUN. That’s not what “tiki taka” is about. We haven’t had “tiki taka” since Pep left. Sure you can pull a couple of videos from every season where we might be doing something resembling it but tiki taka hasn’t really been a thing for us post-Pep.

Also, that video is from Tata’s season.

The only one rewriting history is you. 12-13 was one of our worst seasons since Rijkaard left, easily down there with 13-14 and 16-17 BUT MUH LEAGUE RECORD. Overall play was just as bad as the other two seasons I mentioned, if not worse. This season is starting to seem an awful lot like that one tbh...

Well, let’s just see what happens against Chelsea. I will immediately take back everything bad I said about EV these past few days if he starts Dembele and we destroy them.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Tiki taka is not the norm in Barca history btw, it was only played for a few short years and Barca had all time talent to play that style. It will likely never be replicated.

M

MessiCam

I know you do not like Valverde and you do not like Suarez upfront and bla bla. But we did not park any bus and should have scored at least one more goal.
We dominated Atletico, period.

Did you see how many bodies were behind the ball for the majority of the second half? Only Messi or Suarez were upfront at any given time. We parked a bus.

Tiki taka is not the norm in Barca history btw, it was only played for a few short years and Barca had all time talent to play that style. It will likely never be replicated.

I agree. But you don’t have to have tiki taka to not be shit. 14-15 showed that quite well. Good attacking football, but not tiki taka.

El Gato

Villarato!
Yes you could injure yourself while shitting and while getting a reckless tackle but there are more chances of getting injured in the latter. Same with iniesta's case he made him more susceptible to injury by overplaying him. Not rocket science. Thats why players are rested and shit.

Nope. They are rested to have less mileage outfield in competition where they have no choice but to apply themselves, it's not to protect them from injury. Otherwise they'd have to be forbidden from day-to-day training. Especially when you have the body of Iniesta/Bale/Reus mould where any stretch can result in muscular damage.

It's never a solution to sacrifice your leader in any situation, because you fear for his well-being, not when you're fighting to win things. True in sport, true in war. Unless you have 2 of them like you did in the treble year.

serghei

Precisely what Liverpool would like to do.

And under which manager did it actually work? It's not just about personnel.

We can speculate over that, but do you really think if you had some Eusebio level mugster, the title race would be completely yours to lose in February/March? Haha, no way.

He's a manager from outside who cuts through bullshit about his ways to fix the problems like none other. He doesn't seem to care that much about Barca philosophy if it's unsustainable to keep up in the short term and rightfully so. After SuperCopa nobody thought you'd be relevant while he is not only keeping you afloat and patiently waits until Coutinho, Dembele and even Semedo (if he's even up to it) are ready, but also is in process of doing something so different with this team even Cules are confused. If that's not at least "saving your ass" then I don't know what is.

Except we've actually did it. We won the double in 2015-16.

Well, of course that when the guy has had a whole season playing as a RB under the previous manager, he'll play better with Valverde. Basically he's gotten used to the position more and has more experience playing there.

It's not a wild speculation at all really. It's a reasonable projection. Barring a really bad managerial choice, we'd be roughly where we are now under any competent manager because Madrid have shit the bed time and time again and they're out of any possible title fight. Basically the only team with the squad big enough, and with enough quality to better us in the league is Real Madrid. Atletico can really push, but it takes a major fuck-up for Barca to lose the league when Madrid is not a threat.

We've might have been closer to Atletico, but still first I reckon.

Only the most pessimistic Barca fans panicked after the Supercopa matches. Those are part of preseason.

As for integrating the new signings, he's not done a terrific job so far, but hopefully he's getting there.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans